Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Guns Safes

Old 06-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Guns Safes

I don't think I've come across this yet here. But what type of gun safes does everyone have. I'm looking to get something that is secure but can be accessed quickly and without much hassle. I know it is much more expensive but I've been looking at the GunVault with the fingerprint reader. I haven't found very much reviews for or against it.

http://storesense1.mysuperpageshosti...000/Detail.bok

Don't pay attention to their price. I've seen them for $240+shipping.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
Western Alliance
bauermike is on a distinguished road

Army: 25th Inf Div STRYKER, 10th Mountain DIV
bauermike's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.libertysafe.com/safe_centurion.lasso

These are nice. They make smaller models also if you just need one for a couple pistols. I modified the shelves a little and uses vecro on the doors to hold my pistols in some puches I made, the rest of the shelves I use for reloding equipment and my rifles stack real nice in the rifle columns
Old 06-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
got gun safe?

Note the FLAME THROWERS hanging on wall in 2nd pic right side. Also the shooting range in 3rd pic!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
Western Alliance
bauermike is on a distinguished road

Army: 25th Inf Div STRYKER, 10th Mountain DIV
bauermike's Tacoma Gallery
I just messed my pants
Old 06-27-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Classic Series Safe In Black Cherry with Black Chrome Hardware.

http://oregontrailsafeco.com/classic.html
Old 06-28-2008, 03:40 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
We need to get a gun save also....but a floor model $$$$. Just haven't bit the bullet yet.

I want one with a KEY and a combination lock. I hate those electronic keypads that operate on batteries....
Old 08-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
I'd rather be in Jamaica...
TacoinSC is on a distinguished road
TacoinSC's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Champion. A couple of tips for those who may be thinking of buying a floor safe: the better manufacturers have lifetime warranties that cover repair or replacement in the event of a fire, break-in, or attempted break-in.
Also, look for S&G (Sargent & Greenleaf) locks, generally considered to be the best
in the industry.

http://www.championsafe.com/
http://www.ftknox.com/
http://www.browning-gun-safe.com/index.html
Old 08-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
Note the FLAME THROWERS hanging on wall in 2nd pic right side. Also the shooting range in 3rd pic!

Schwarzenegger has SHIT on this guy!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Damn it!!! You guys found my house!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #11
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Amsec largest model. I like the small safes, but worry about it being carried away.

Weight is a property of anti-theft ability of the safe.

I used to put guns and ammo in the safe, but now I have so much of both that I keep the ammo in a locked file cabinet.

At least a 1000 rounds each, of .308, .223, .45,.38, 9mm and 12ga.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #12
kidthatsirish is on a distinguished road
kidthatsirish's Tacoma Gallery
I also would like to get the biovault fingerprint gunsafe. Were have you seen them for that much cheaper? I have two pistols for now that I would like to secure but need to have quick acess to.

As we dont have kids right now, and my wife is generaly home during the day, its not a big deal right now, but we are planning on having a child soon, and it just wont do to have the little one tottering around with the 1911 in the bedside drawer if you know what i mean. I know its kinda light, but thats why you bolt it to the floor of the house

Once I get my rifle and shotgun, I will consider larger safes, but for now since I have no long guns, thats not really neccesary.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #13
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidthatsirish View Post
I also would like to get the biovault fingerprint gunsafe. Were have you seen them for that much cheaper? I have two pistols for now that I would like to secure but need to have quick acess to.

As we dont have kids right now, and my wife is generaly home during the day, its not a big deal right now, but we are planning on having a child soon, and it just wont do to have the little one tottering around with the 1911 in the bedside drawer if you know what i mean. I know its kinda light, but thats why you bolt it to the floor of the house

Once I get my rifle and shotgun, I will consider larger safes, but for now since I have no long guns, thats not really neccesary.

Aight.

Sounds good to me, so long as it's bolted down to something. Even smal safes can be carted away.

Here's the height of paranoia.......

Large safe that is bolted to concrete floor, then the bottom of which has casted lead weights two inches thick to add even more weight to it. ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha

haah ha ha hah ha

ah ha ha ha uhhh....

Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 AM   #14
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
i have a winchester safe it's not the best and i've almost outgrown it but its been great for an economy gun safe.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=189761
Old 08-18-2008, 01:42 AM   #15

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
Aight.

Large safe that is bolted to concrete floor, then the bottom of which has casted lead weights two inches thick to add even more weight to it. ha

just put your 800 round spam cans of 7.62 x 39 mm in the bottom to add some extra weight.

take off the spindle wheel

just a few suggestions
Old 08-18-2008, 05:49 AM   #16
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
just put your 800 round spam cans of 7.62 x 39 mm in the bottom to add some extra weight.

take off the spindle wheel

just a few suggestions
Per previous posts, safe is too full of guns to add ammo. Ammo takes up about a refidge size cabinet alone.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #17

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
Per previous posts, safe is too full of guns to add ammo. Ammo takes up about a refidge size cabinet alone.
sorry i didn't read the whole thread. i think my next safe will be something along this size

http://www.sportsmansteelsafes.com/fortress.htm

have you tried burying some of that ammo in your backyard?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #18
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
That house has a firing range in it. That is badass.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #19
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Gun room......check
Every gun known to man, including gun of rambo......check
escape plane.....check

Umm...yea, I've been meaning to tell you neontrail, I'm actually...a....uhh...long lost cousin..yea cousin...and I think it's time we hung out, you know, to like get to know each other and stuff.

Seriously, nice room, very nice house, and a good looking plane to boot.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #20
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
How reliable are those biometric gun safes (as far as letting me get to a gun quickly)? Can you register more than one set of prints with them?