LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Breaking and entering

Old 07-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #21
Versoel is on a distinguished road
Army:
Versoel's Tacoma Gallery
Forget knives. id much rather have a gun in a gun fight. thats why every room in my house has a gun of some sort thats loaded and chambered. no safety. just point and pull trigger.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #23
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Ya gotta love the unmistakable sound of a pump-action shotgun. That sound is known in every language.
I love my Mossbergs; Remington 870's are good as well.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #24
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have any wisdom on the bedside gun boxes that you either type in a code with your finger or it reads your finger print.. i was looking at gettin one when i get home to store my M&P .40 i have just been keepin it in the lock box my GTA IV came in .. but the wife would really rather me store it in a real gun box.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #25
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
does anyone have any wisdom on the bedside gun boxes that you either type in a code with your finger or it reads your finger print.. i was looking at gettin one when i get home to store my M&P .40 i have just been keepin it in the lock box my GTA IV came in .. but the wife would really rather me store it in a real gun box.
I have the type that you place your fingers on, have to push a small pad on the set code.
Wife is able to do it with no problems. It also comes with an inside light, don't know how dark you keep your house, but I will say it works.
PS..........it's as fast to open as you can move your fingers!!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #26
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
get yourself a mossberg 500 from walmart!! good price, and with some #4 bird shot.......or any buckshot...........sumbitch wont get away too easy. when someone hears the pump on a shotgun........they are gonna freeze....its an unmistakable sound.

+1

Nothing puts the fear of god in someone like that pump action... I have a Mossberg 500 myself... love it!

For concealed, I'd recommend the Kahr P9 Covert. Great little weapon... the P40 jams because of the small frame, so go with the P9 if you get a Kahr.

In Iraq, I carried a Sig Sauer P229... Also a great weapon, slightly smaller frame than the Beretta 9mm. Smooth action and reliable.

I also carried a Mp5 and the occasional M4. Mp5 has great maneuverability inside vehicles (for defense) but will not stop a vehicle with the 9mm round.

The M4 was a better weapon to stop vehicles - but only maneuverable with the 10" bushmaster upper receiver and bolt modification (which we purchased before we went).

Good luck...
Old 10-19-2008, 07:33 AM   #27
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
i prefer just any old deer rifle like a 30-06 then you will be able to i.d. the guy because he wont go very far!!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #28
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
the old pump action = one of the best home defense weapons. If your into loading your own ammo broken up pieces of walnut shells make for a good less than lethal load, stings like a mother too.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #29
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
One thing I consider if I was to get broken into is this: Say you rack your shot gun into battery. The intruder now knows where you are. I know my house like the back of my hand. I can navigate it in the dark. All of my guns in the house are in "Battery", and ready for use. The only thing an intruder will hear is "BANG"
Unless its my Wife, in which case he may hear more "BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG "

"Clink"..........."Slack"

"BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG "
Old 10-27-2008, 06:22 PM   #30
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
x3

but stick with birdshot

doesnt penetrate walls as easily but will still embed itself firmly in the jerks backside
x4 if i were the bad guy and i heard a shotgun rack in the middle of the night i wouldn't even hang out long enough to think i would RUN!! thers a reason why they call it the "PERSUADER"
Old 10-30-2008, 04:40 AM   #31
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy just bought a persuader, i myself have the mossberg 835 and or the AK-47 with a few in the clip next to the bed at all times
Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #32
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Shot guns don't have ballistics!!!!! hehe
Attached Thumbnails
Breaking and entering-dsc00082-1-.jpg  
Old 10-30-2008, 07:12 AM   #33
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
My grandpa used to always say "If they have courage enough to break into your house, they have courage enough to kill you." I know they are piddly but I keep a Ruger 22/45 and 10/22 with a banana ready to go. I also have a machete, blowgun and Ithaca 51. I would rather not kill them but have the satisfaction of shooting out their knees, hog tying them, and taking them to the police station.

But then again, maybe I'm old fashioned.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:20 AM   #34
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPXCS78XcRQ
Old 10-30-2008, 07:21 AM   #35
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
There's a lot of talk here about ammo selection. If bird shot (or some other less-damaging ammo) is used, would this be taken into account in the ensuing court case (as there usually is?). I've never heard anyone distinguish between different types of ammo, only that 'A shot B' etc.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:29 AM   #36
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
I think the court case might go differently if they consider "manslaughter" or "attempted manslaughter." This is where ammo matters.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #37
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Agreed kinda, I have a mossy persuader mounted to a wall out of sight but easy to get to...I bought it soley as a deterrent, dont get me wrong, theres a few hundred rounds of buckshot if needed. Punk kids doing smash and grabs in the neighborhood. Last week I saw some klowns looking through car windows around 2 am. My house windows are tinted, and I have some of that bamboo privacy stuff around my balcony. cracked the sliding glass door open, Racked the mossy 1 time and they scattered.

If SHTF I always have a glock .45 hidden within reach in every room. Id rather not weild around the shotgun. My room is kept dark, even have my alarm clock covered so if I need to see the time, I move the cover (g/f hates it). Hallway is always dimly lit so hopefully I wont have to strain to aquire a good sight picture. Night sights work wonders (I know where to grab the gun even in complete darkness).
Just my $.02
so what DID you disagree with
Old 10-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #38
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery

Better safe than sorry I always say.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #39
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
There's a lot of talk here about ammo selection. If bird shot (or some other less-damaging ammo) is used, would this be taken into account in the ensuing court case (as there usually is?). I've never heard anyone distinguish between different types of ammo, only that 'A shot B' etc.

i think ammo selection is more important for keeping your family members out of harms way

just remember...dead people cant sue

you should never shoot to injure or disable...shoot to kill.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #40
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Navy: ABH
Bart's Tacoma Gallery
By all mean's get something I got plenty of gun's but check your local law's so you don't get screwed for shooting someone that's aready in your house in NC you can only shoot through the door and kill the preson or if there in your house putting you or your family in emenent danger. Which I think is BS. So with that in mind I suggest a stun gun then you can SHOCK the piss out of them until the police arrive Personally I would rather be shot than electrocuted.