Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Breaking and entering

Old 10-30-2008, 10:05 AM   #41
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
If a person has the balls to get past these they are gonna take some lead cas they mean buisness!!
Attached Thumbnails
Breaking and entering-outdoors-bike-009.jpg  
Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #42
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
By all mean's get something I got plenty of gun's but check your local law's so you don't get screwed for shooting someone that's aready in your house in NC you can only shoot through the door and kill the preson or if there in your house putting you or your family in emenent danger. Which I think is BS. So with that in mind I suggest a stun gun then you can SHOCK the piss out of them until the police arrive Personally I would rather be shot than electrocuted.

do i have a taser? absolutely
would i continue to hit someone with it until the police arrive? absolutely NOT

we have an officer who used to work for my dept in the middle of an investigation now that hit someone 6 times with the taser...the guy is now claiming excessive force and all kinds of medical issues stemming from the tasing...

in reality the cop did the guy a favor and kept him from swallowing a couple bags of crack...which kept him alive...but now he has nerve damage etc which he claims are from the tasing

again...if someone breaks into my house i see 2 options
1. get my family etc OUT without confrontation and call authorities
2. shoot to kill because there was confrontation and my family's life/safety was in danger

ive been hit with a taser

at this point...you could put the taser to my forehead and i'm not backing down...but i'd for damn sure back down from a firearm
Old 10-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #43
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Navy: ABH
Bart's Tacoma Gallery
He should of let him swallow the shit. "To serve and protect" You cant protect everyone and especially one's that are going to do what they want anyway. Now it's going to court and there's a possibilty that the crack head will get money fuck that.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #44
Rigger, Please
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Proximity Mines.. activate them at night.. then when someone.. anyone comes in the yard.. BOOM!!!.. it will also work to keep teenagers from breaking curfew, if they know they gotta be home by 11 or boom they will sure as hell get home on time
Old 10-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #45
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

we have an officer who used to work for my dept in the middle of an investigation now that hit someone 6 times with the taser...the guy is now claiming excessive force and all kinds of medical issues stemming from the tasing...

in reality the cop did the guy a favor and kept him from swallowing a couple bags of crack...which kept him alive...but now he has nerve damage etc which he claims are from the tasing

2. shoot to kill because there was confrontation and my family's life/safety was in danger

at this point...you could put the taser to my forehead and i'm not backing down...but i'd for damn sure back down from a firearm
well said!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #46
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
i had some guy break into my house a couple months ago and i went for my bayonet/ field knife but he was already at his truck any suggestions on a well made inexpensive gun for self defense
yeah get a stolen one so when you kill the next dirtbag and dump him in the woods you are safe
Old 10-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #47
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Tigerfan, have you seen the new civilian Taser C2 (kind of a stupid qestion as I'm sure you have)? Supposedly it's a 30 second ride. I had 5 and that was enough for me. And if you use it and it's justified, Taser International will replace either the taser or the head, depending on the circumstances.

We're waiting for the 12 gauge taser cartidge to be released so we can experiment with them.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:41 PM   #48
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco's for All View Post
Tigerfan, have you seen the new civilian Taser C2 (kind of a stupid qestion as I'm sure you have)? Supposedly it's a 30 second ride. I had 5 and that was enough for me. And if you use it and it's justified, Taser International will replace either the taser or the head, depending on the circumstances.

We're waiting for the 12 gauge taser cartidge to be released so we can experiment with them.

i've seen that...5 seconds was more than enough for me too...i dont know the specs but im betting its a bit "less" than the police issue x26...regardless...30 seconds of immobility would suck...

i thought the 12ga taser was out already? ive seen videos on it for almost a year now i think
Old 10-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #49
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
i have a .50 cal. desert eagle for home defense
Old 10-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #50
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

another note...

should someone break in and you choose confrontation (for whatever reason)

understand that even pointing/presenting a firearm is considered deadly force and you better be able to back up and articulate why you felt deadly force necessary

basically...if you pull it out you'd damn well better be ready to use it...and assume youre going to have to...

theres no point in even owning a gun for home defense if youre not comfortable with the fact that you may, in fact, have to shoot and kill someone with it
Old 10-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #51
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
another note...

understand that even pointing/presenting a firearm is considered deadly force and you better be able to back up and articulate why you felt deadly force necessary

basically...if you pull it out you'd damn well better be ready to use it...and assume youre going to have to...

theres no point in even owning a gun for home defense if youre not comfortable with the fact that you may, in fact, have to shoot and kill someone with it
that was very well said.........
Old 10-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #52
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
man i keep saying saiga 12's are where its at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUe4NWiOq5A
Old 10-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #53
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Navy: ABH
Bart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
another note...

That's why I said get a Tazer
Old 10-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #54
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
Ok so Ive been reading this thread and I know that the laws are diffrent in each state and maybe im missing something but. If someone beaks into the house and I pull the gun out kill his ass I could probably go to jail. Or if I pepper him with bird shot and he lives he will probably sue me for his medical bills and stuff of that nature? I asking that as a question because I have always heard if they are in your house which IMO they are probably in some way endangering you or your family then you can kill them and not get in trouble for it with the law? But the more I think about how everything is these days if you did that you would probably get put in jail 2.

3 scenarios what should we do

1. You hear a noise (say something falling over) in your living room so you get your pistol just in case you walk in there and the robber is walking around looking for stuff to steal. What do you do?

2. Same a 1 but the guy sees you and starts to approach you and stuff. I think its obvious that you take the shot to kill.

3. What if you walk in on a robber and he doesn't notice you but you see he has a gun or knife on him that he could use and hurt or kill you or a family member what do u do?

This may seen kind of dumb that im asking these questions but the way the world is getting I would rather know then to be left in the dark
Old 10-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #55
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Years ago, I had a guy break into my house. I happened to be sleeping on the sofa (fell asleep watcching TV, WIfey didnt make me sleep there). I heard a noise out side of my door and it woke me. I was a little dazed comming from a sound sleep, and I thought "wouldnt that be funny if someone was breaking in?" I keep a fire arm within reach at all times, as a kid we were burglerized 7 times, and once my Dad was attacked and the Asshole broke his neck. At that instant, my door came flying in with some Dickwad standing there. Next thing I knew, I had my Smith & Wesson model 60 pointing somewhere near his head. He took off runing, and I gave chase, in my underwear, while screaming for someone to call the cops. He out ran me, but the ops caught him. I identifed him, and off he went to the Pokey. 8 hours later, I was STILL shakeing. I was scared shitless. Littlerally. I didnt poop for 2 days. Had that guy taken 1/2 step tward me, I would have popped his head like a grape. BUT, It was one of the most intense few seconds of my life. So far.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #56
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
People dont realize how scary that shit is gun or not!!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #57
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
I personally have a Browning Hi Power 9mm with hollow points waitin for any intruder. I also agree with tacomaman. I don't shoot to maim. If someone is breaking into my house... there gonna get it!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #58
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucksucksnayota View Post
Ok so Ive been reading this thread and I know that the laws are diffrent in each state and maybe im missing something but. If someone beaks into the house and I pull the gun out kill his ass I could probably go to jail. Or if I pepper him with bird shot and he lives he will probably sue me for his medical bills and stuff of that nature? I asking that as a question because I have always heard if they are in your house which IMO they are probably in some way endangering you or your family then you can kill them and not get in trouble for it with the law? But the more I think about how everything is these days if you did that you would probably get put in jail 2.

3 scenarios what should we do

1. You hear a noise (say something falling over) in your living room so you get your pistol just in case you walk in there and the robber is walking around looking for stuff to steal. What do you do?

2. Same a 1 but the guy sees you and starts to approach you and stuff. I think its obvious that you take the shot to kill.

3. What if you walk in on a robber and he doesn't notice you but you see he has a gun or knife on him that he could use and hurt or kill you or a family member what do u do?

This may seen kind of dumb that im asking these questions but the way the world is getting I would rather know then to be left in the dark
the laws vary from state to state as to whether or not you can or cant shoot etc etc...regardless tho it will come down to how well you articulate the reasoning behind shooting him

now...just because you have the firearm and the guy is coming thru your door...that doesnt mean just pop him in the head immediately

always attempt to assess the situation at hand

in scenario 1: choose the least amount of confrontation as possible...return to your room quietly and shut the door and wait for the bastard to walk thru the door

2: announce that you will shoot him if he takes another step forward...if he so chooses...or if he makes any menacing moves or you can identify if he has a weapon...THEN take the shot (if you can safely do so and not have a round go past him into the kids room etc)

3:if you walk in and see him but he doesnt know youre there...again...least amount of confrontation as possible...get back out of the house and call the cops...be sure to get a good look at him if he tries to leave
Old 10-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #59
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
That's why I said get a Tazer
i think for civilian purposes...tasers have their place...however home defense is not one of them...

i feel comfortable enough with mine to use it for such but only because as soon as he hits the ground im going to have him in handcuffs...
Old 10-30-2008, 07:14 PM   #60
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i'm a pretty light sleeper and you have to come up hardwood stairs to my room...and my dog sleeps even lighter than me...she may not bite anyone but she'll make a racket in her crate if someone is coming up the stairs...

my stairs also turn in the middle

unless someone is RUNNING up the stairs...i have enough time to retrieve one of my shotguns/handguns/baseball bat/taser+cuffs that i choose to use

lately here tho most home invasions are being done in broad daylight while people are away at work

we've had something like 40-45 in the past 2 months in one section of columbia alone...

if i encounter someone breaking into my house...its a good chance that i'll be happening upon them in the act because i get off around 2 in the afternoon usually

that would be a bad time for that jackass as i'll still be in uniform with all my tools at my disposal