1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone have a sig P250?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Zombie Runner, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Sep 3, 2010 at 8:13 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner [OP] Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    looking at getting a carry gun and I need opinions.

sig p250
    Sig P238
    ruger SR9-C
    ruger lcp

for the holster Ive hear nothing but good things about the crossbreed, so thats what ill probably go with.

So far I have held the p250 and the Ruger LCP. of course the sig felt better in my hand bc its bigger...but I like the idea of having a much smaller gun to lug around. unfortunatly there are no places around here to rent guns from..

2. Sep 3, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    Sullyman

Sullyman Crusty ole' conservative fart

Member:
    Augusta, Georgia area
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black TRD Sport
    Cat-back exhaust, BluLogic, Back-up Camera, Extang Solid Fold Tonnau cover, Pop-n-Lock PL8521 electronic tailgate lock, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Smittybuilt Nerf Step Bars, Toyota bed mat, Tinted the windows darker, CB with custom fab'd antenna mount, Grillcraft grill, AFE Pro Dry S filter with secondary filter removed. Differential breather relocation mod. Bridgestone Dueler AT/Revo 3 tires Weathertech mats Spec-D HID Halo's Bilstein 5100s front set at 2.5" w/OEM springs 4-leaf TSB w/ SkyJacker add-a-leaf 2" block lift 1.5" wheel spacers Freedom Off-Road upper control arms .5" coil spacers ATOTO A6 Android double-din head unit
    Sig P239 - 9mm single stack (narrower grip - lays flatter)....shoots well...I got tritium sights for darkness too....military and LE usually get a $50. rebate from Sig

3. Sep 3, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    ^ :eek: holy cow thats expensive!

4. Sep 3, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    Carlo

Carlo Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco Magnetic Grey
    5100's all around, front at 0 with Ebiach springs up front; Wheelers 3 leaf AAL rear, Spidertrax
    Here are my thoughts on carry guns....get a gun that you will carry all the time. I carried a Glock 27 for 5 years and I just abandoned it. It shoots great, it works all the time and has good firepower ect. But, it's heavy as fuck and I live in CA where we wear shorts alot. I strap it to my waist with a high ride leather holster (the best option I have found) and it still drives me nuts. Jeans and a t-shirt....no way unless my t-shirt is way big or I wear two. I do have a steel frame 5 shot revolver that has become my go to carry gun with shorts. However it has some limitations too as it will not work in the pocket of my jeans, and I can not find a holster I like. I have carried other guns over the years and none are much better. I wanted to get a Kahr, but, I have heard lots of stories from our rangemasters about function problems and one guy on my squad has one and it only works about 60% of the time. Shocking really. Not good enough to save my life.
    For a couple of years now the Ruger LCP has been getting praise and one of my partners carries one off duty. I looked at it, and while I wish it was in 9mm, you can put it in your pocket and no one knows it's there. Put a spare mag in the other pocket and you have 13 rounds of .380cal. Is it the best gun for stopping a man...no dam way, but, you can carry it every day, it's light and it works. So, I ordered one last week and it will be here on tuesday. What I dont like are the sights. They are just cast into the slide and I like to actually use them and these are nearly useless. Maybe some smith will come up with a process for milling the slide and putting some good sights on it. The .380 has some new bullets and it's likely going to do the job. If I lived in Chicago or NY where it's cold and people where lots of clothing in the winter I would not choose it during the winter.
    The point I want to make is if your going to choose to carry a large gun, realize that you will not actually be able to take it with you all the time unless your super committed, and man that gets old. Now, if your just talking about a gun in the truck (consult the state laws) then use whatever you wish. I suggest high cap and full size glock, sig, or 1911 with two spare mags. I will let you know how the LCP works for me- Mike

5. Sep 3, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    Sullyman

Sullyman Crusty ole' conservative fart

Member:
    Augusta, Georgia area
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black TRD Sport
    Cat-back exhaust, BluLogic, Back-up Camera, Extang Solid Fold Tonnau cover, Pop-n-Lock PL8521 electronic tailgate lock, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Smittybuilt Nerf Step Bars, Toyota bed mat, Tinted the windows darker, CB with custom fab'd antenna mount, Grillcraft grill, AFE Pro Dry S filter with secondary filter removed. Differential breather relocation mod. Bridgestone Dueler AT/Revo 3 tires Weathertech mats Spec-D HID Halo's Bilstein 5100s front set at 2.5" w/OEM springs 4-leaf TSB w/ SkyJacker add-a-leaf 2" block lift 1.5" wheel spacers Freedom Off-Road upper control arms .5" coil spacers ATOTO A6 Android double-din head unit
    What? What are they going for now? I got mine for 650 after the rebate....Used to carry an old WWII vintage Colt pocket hammerles .32 - shoots awesome but not enough powah....wanted a 9 since I already had other 9s and don't want to have to stock too many different calibers...but still wanted to keep it small/medium...and flat...8 round mag - I figure if I can't solve my problem with 8 rounds it just isn't my day ;-)

6. Sep 3, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    navyrt

navyrt ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!

Member:
    Have you considered a Springfield Armory XDM 9mm? I have a XDM 45 and love it!!!

7. Sep 3, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    Dave333

Dave333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Loganville
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD long bed dbl cab
    Borla Exhaust, D/T LT, TRD CAI, Hella Rallye 4000, ARB, M/T Sidebiters 16", 265/75/16, Stubbs HD SKO Sliders, OME 3" lift with 886, Dakar Rear leafs, Satoshi
    I've always said carry what feels good and what you can keep tight groups with. Since you don't have a place to rent guns around you, it's hard to say. I recommend starting with 9mm and moving to .40 or .45. Carried a Glock 26 and 19 for years, changed over to 1911 last year and love it. Even a .380 is a good gun to carry, remember head shots always win the fight!

8. Sep 3, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    I've told this story before, in other threads.

My wife was dead set on 9mm ("Your .45 is too big, it must kick a lot!") and it had to be a Sig, which she had some familiarity with. Thinking the modular 250 could be changed easily to a .45 when she was more educated, I gave in and got her one. She never liked it much, couldn't figure out why she wasn't hitting. Once I finally talked her into trying my Kimber CDP Pro II, she instantly got that education, and I lost my gun.
    And the $600 that Sig wants to convert a 9mm to a .45, well.... let's just say I'd have a different gun for that kind of cash.

9. Sep 3, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    zomg

zomg Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    TRD CAI, Ultra-Gauge, All Weather Floor Mats, Rear Spring TSB, Avid Offroad Sliders, Spidertrax, Dynomax Superturbo, Bolt-on Grille
    I've got a P250 compact in 9mm. I love it, but its not my carry gun. I use it for target practice & as my truck gun. Its a little too big for concealed carry, so I use a .45 Kimber Ultra Carry II. The P250 is also DAO with no safety. I got mine for just over $600, but it came with all this extra stuff including 3 mags:
    [​IMG]

10. Sep 3, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I have a XD .40 service model already. so i know how the xd's shoot. I really like it, but I want a single stack for carry. i dont wear baggy jeans so the thick double stacks wont work for me, i.e. glock, xd.

as for the ruger lcp. I thought it was weird that they really didnt have usable sights..
    and how come handguns dont come with "real" safeties? I dont know how i would feel about carrying a gun in my pocket with one in the chamber and no actual safety.

11. Sep 3, 2010 at 10:48 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    i googled it and they are around 700+. Im not active duty any more so i wont get the rebate.

12. Sep 3, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    Carlo

Carlo Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco Magnetic Grey
    5100's all around, front at 0 with Ebiach springs up front; Wheelers 3 leaf AAL rear, Spidertrax
    The trigger pull is so long on the LCP that I have no worries with it in my pocket. However, there are pocket holsters that are designed to keep a little auto or revolver in your pocket...DeSaints nemisis? if I remember correctly.

13. Sep 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    how is aiming with it though? i know it really doesnt have "sights"...

14. Sep 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    Yes, the Nemesis will cover the trigger of the gun it's designed for. Its exterior is made of a sticky plastic/rubber or something that holds it in your pocket when you draw the gun.

15. Sep 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    Austin78

Austin78 Member

Member:
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    K&N Intake, Flow Master Dual Exhaust, I-pod Interface Kit Revtek 3" lift/leveling kit 265/75r16 BFG AT
    I have been carrying the LCP for about a month now. I love it. I invested in a quality leather IWB holster and it is perfect. I sometimes forget I have it on me. Drawbacks to the LCP are poor sights, no safety, and it takes a bit to get used to shooting such a lightweight pistol. I would recommend it to anyone looking for lightweight carry.

16. Sep 3, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I like .380's for a carry gun, nice and small. Easy to conceal and it packs enough punch to get somone's attention. I have a .9mm and a .45 but they are just to damned big to keep things low key.

17. Sep 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    Badwin45

Badwin45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC 4x4 & '00 Pre-Runner
    Aries 4" Oval step tubes, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Weathertech digifit floor liners.
    FWIW, the Sig P250 has been reported as having reliability problems. I know that the Oklahoma State Capitol Police traded them for a different model for that reason.

I'd go with the Sig P238 myself. I have a P226 in 357 Sig that was my carry gun for years. Thousands of rounds and the only failure I've had was when I didn't fully seat the magazine. Only happened once.

18. Sep 4, 2010 at 8:18 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I have not shot or handled a P250 yet but I love the concept. Probably wouldn't makefor a very good range gun being DAO but would make for a good carry gun.

19. Sep 4, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Holy shit shit! There IS a gun you haven't handled :confused:

:laugh:

20. Sep 4, 2010 at 8:28 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Too many guns and not enough time or $.:(

Products Discussed in

To Top