Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Clipdraw impressions?

Old 09-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
Clipdraw impressions?

Anyone tried one of these clipdraw "holsters". I have a Taurus milleium pro 9mm and am currently using an owb Don Hume holster. I don't like the big imprint it shows and am worried I won't like the IWB. I've looked at the crossbreeds but it seems a little large.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
IDK what your definition of "large" is...but I just got my Crossbreed settled in and it's great. I've got a kinda boney waist and a bit of luv handles....and it fits great without much imprint at all...

I'm also not much if a fan of "universal" fit type items for "customized" use. Gotta tape the mounting plate on and then screw the clip to that?? Just seems a bit...cheap i guess...to me.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I guess thats what I was thinking in the back of my mind. them being cheapy looking. I was also kind of scared that little bit of weight may mess with the slide movement. Anyone actually tried one of them though? Anyways the crossbreeds look comfortable just seemed like I would never forget it was on my side haha. I guess i'll try one out and send it back if i don't like it. Thanks for the input
Old 11-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
Crossbreeds are awesome. I have a problem with the clip-draws b/c I carry Glocks and since the Glock does not have a manual safety when just tucking it in your pants i feel the trigger can easily catch on a belt loop or maybe keys or a pen in your pocket. Thats just what I feel...I would prefer to have the trigger covered by a holster any gun not just a Glock.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I don't trust the clip. If the holster comes out with the gun upon drawing, you jam after one shot.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a big guy so I usually don't carry IWB. If I did, it would be with a crossbreed or probably a Comptac CTAC. Both are very comfortable. The crossbreed IS large, but it's very comfortable. The CTAC is smaller, basically as comfy but more $$.

I usually carry a 38 in my pocket. If I carry somethign bigger, it's with a Galco slide (Glock 19) or Wilson Combat lo-profile holster (1911).

...and no way would I trust the clipdraw. I want the draw angle to be the same each time, and the clipdraw isn't going to give that. it's also held on with 3M tape, which I would think would fail at some inopportune moment, like in the middle of the mall. Nothing like reaching down into your pant cuff and pulling out your Taurus to draw attention to yourself.