Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

AK47 mags

Old 10-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Name: Hieu
Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fienoma
AK47 mags

I recently picked up a wasr 10/63 romanian ak. As of right now i have one steel mag for it and i was wondering what other AK owners are using for mags. I hear the tapco ones are nice but some are experiencing loading problems.

I also hear of many who are fans of steel because they fit better and rarely have loading problems.

So the question is whats a good mag? and what makes it good?
Old 10-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
i've got 10 of these, they all run 100% and they're cheap

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...E30&groupid=15
Old 10-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Matt
11BSSG's Tacoma Gallery
I run Tapco with my AK-74 (close enough to your 47) and have been happy with them. I used Tapco in the sand box for 13 months in Baghdad and they never had a FTF. Cheaperthandirt.com has them for a decent price. Also check out CDNN for Mags at a good price. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ Happy Hunting.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
blendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blendedfamily's Tacoma Gallery
On the other hand, i hate tapcos for the ak. They work great for my ar, they stovepipe for the ak. I bent the springs a bit and it helped. I've got a bunch of old school steel surplus ones that work great
Old 11-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #5
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feed back fellas, i recently got the chance to try out the tapco and it has a really snug fit but it takes a little breaking in before it gets smoother. The steel one has been working very well, no mis feeds and they're cheaper then the tapco..i think i'll be sticking to the steelies.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
In no particular order:

Steel Eastern Block surplus mags
Polymer Bulgarian Circle 10 mags
US Palm mags

The only reason to use Tapco would be if you needed the US parts count. My converted Saiga runs off of surplus steel mags exclusively. They're cheap and reliable.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #7

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
In no particular order:

Steel Eastern Block surplus mags
Polymer Bulgarian Circle 10 mags
US Palm mags

The only reason to use Tapco would be if you needed the US parts count. My converted Saiga runs off of surplus steel mags exclusively. They're cheap and reliable.
I recently purchased a few steel mags from aim surplus and they work great, my original magazine is rusting alittle from the abuse i put it through but it still feeds and loads fine
Old 11-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Agreed, have abused some and am impressed.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #9
Hogzilla is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Hogzilla's Tacoma Gallery
I like the tapco mags, cause the surplus steel mags are very inconsistent...some fit great, others, not so much.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #10
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I have a saiga 7.62 rifle and I get ak mags from my brother in the military shhhhh Im sure they just find them!!! I shave the pin in front down and it fits in my saiga.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #11

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Any of you fellas know the best place to get some cheap ammo for the ak? or even a 30.06?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #12
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I shoot shitty ammo in my ak. $4 for 20 rounds of wolf, I have been using it for the last 5 years in my ak and no problems at all. If you buy a decent ak they are unbreakable.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #13
thebikeguy is on a distinguished road

thebikeguy's Tacoma Gallery
i have a couple TAPCO mags and i haven't had any issues w/ them. Hey Krookz where at in VA are u. I know ur close to me cuz i seen ur spare tire rack u made and ur rims/tires on CL. i'd love to come check out ur truck in person.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
I live in Chesterfield, and work in Henrico. Where you at?
richmond...highland springs over by the airport. i work over off of broad st tho
Old 11-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #15

gotcha..i'll prolly see u around then
Old 11-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #16

u ride dirt or just on the street?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #17

yea see i did the oposite. ive ridden street since i was 18..sold my last street bike and now ridin dirt