Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Concealed Carry in Taco [and elsewhere]

Old 10-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #41
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
Not at all what I meant. I have my share of firearms including my HK .40 next to my bed. I just wasnt sure of the need in your truck or on you.
I see your in Sacramento. You're probably too young to remember this but perhaps you should read up on the 1991 Sacramento hostage crisis.

Or read up on the San Ysidro McDonalds massacre. In my hometown San Diego on Wednesday July 19, 1984, 22 people were murdered and 19 were injured while dining at McDonalds. Nobody was armed, so nobody could fight back.

I suppose the most basic reason to carry on your person is so that it gives you a fighting chance when SHTF. And nobody can predict when and where that is going to happen.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #42
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
in my truck I lay a towel on the console and seat and slide my Sig239 40.cal or model 1911 between the seat and console. Then cover the grip with the rest of the towel . The towel protects the console and covers the pistol, plus is right at my hand. Plus there is always a small 9 on my right hip unless I going to work, it is considered Foreign Trader zone so I can not carry.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #43
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by detnight View Post
in my truck I lay a towel on the console and seat and slide my Sig239 40.cal or model 1911 between the seat and console. Then cover the grip with the rest of the towel . The towel protects the console and covers the pistol, plus is right at my hand. Plus there is always a small 9 on my right hip unless I going to work, it is considered Foreign Trader zone so I can not carry.
Fascinating. I just read up on FTZ's. I was unaware of their existence. I like your towel method, it is very practical.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #44
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Himself View Post
I just toss my pistol in my glovebox where it stays day and night.

I don't worry about it getting stolen because a) it was only $250 b) in WA State you can purchase a pistol in 20min (if you have permit).

It's within arms reach and the lever is easier (and quicker) to pop open and grab than it is to open center console and grab - at least in my opinion.

Plus it has the added bonus of making things interesting when you get pulled over:

"License and registration."
"Officer, just so you know I have a loaded firearm in my glovebox."
Not worried about it getting stolen?!?!?!?!? Until it gets used by some punk to kill someone else - kinda shitty attitude dude!

And IIRC you dont have to inform an officer in WA that you have a weapon on you although it is a nice thing to do.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #45
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saulibiomd View Post
Not worried about it getting stolen?!?!?!?!? Until it gets used by some punk to kill someone else - kinda shitty attitude dude!
Agreed. I've heard enough stories about cops getting their shotguns snatched from trunks. If the guy who takes it uses it, I think you can get sucked into it when the courts come around.

Quote:
And IIRC you dont have to inform an officer in WA that you have a weapon on you although it is a nice thing to do.
You don't have to, but it's both a matter of courtesy and safety. You reach in the glovebox for your papers and they see you fishing around a gun, you got problems. Before they approach the car, dispatch/computer will usually warn them about the CCL as well, so it's in your interest to let them know where stuff is.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #46
david7268 is on a distinguished road
david7268's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyrt View Post
Exactlly!! You never know when youre going to need it!!! Not to mention that its the 2nd admendment!! The right to keep and BARE arms!!!
LOL!!!! I support the right to BEAR arms, but you don't carry an extra pair of undies around everywhere do you?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #47
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by david7268 View Post
LOL!!!! I support the right to BEAR arms, but you don't carry an extra pair of undies around everywhere do you?
You wear tighty whities on your arms?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #48
david7268 is on a distinguished road
david7268's Tacoma Gallery
HA.....no need to they are bare!!!!! Maybe an arm thong or something to that effect.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #49
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Agreed. I've heard enough stories about cops getting their shotguns snatched from trunks. If the guy who takes it uses it, I think you can get sucked into it when the courts come around.

You don't have to, but it's both a matter of courtesy and safety. You reach in the glovebox for your papers and they see you fishing around a gun, you got problems. Before they approach the car, dispatch/computer will usually warn them about the CCL as well, so it's in your interest to let them know where stuff is.
i would think that if you immediately report it stolen...have the serial # entered into NCIC...that will absolve you of any issues

Besides...when officers run serial numbers...unless the gun is stolen...no ownership info comes back regardless

I also dont think dispatch or a computer can tell you if the driver of a vehicle is a permit holder...as you do not know who the driver is until youve made your initial contact...

Many states allow for non-permit holders to legally carry in their vehicles (such as SC) and again...we dont know that there is a gun in the vehicle until we either a)see it...or b)are informed by the occupant that its present
Old 10-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #50
steve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steve
steve103's Tacoma Gallery
i keep a AK47 in my lap while driving. come on guys what do you think is going to happen to you. i sure hope you all have calm tempers if you have a gun with you
Old 10-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #51
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
i have a blackhawk serpa that i mounted in my center console for my sig 226. the belt clip is removable and is held on by 3 bolt holes. I got some screws of matching thread type and put a few holes in my center console and bolted the holster in there. Works great. I'm still debating on "breaking" the finger lock on the holster to make the gun easier to remove.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #52
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve103 View Post
i keep a AK47 in my lap while driving. come on guys what do you think is going to happen to you. i sure hope you all have calm tempers if you have a gun with you
personally...seriously...i dont want to run into a family member of someone i've put in jail out and about somewhere and be unarmed

I have a great temper...im one of the most patient people you'll ever meet...but I'm also a realist...and i understand that there are people out there who want to do me and other people harm...and i swore an oath to protect people from harm...therefore...i carry a gun unless im going drinking
Old 10-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #53
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/25361783/detail.html

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...39;s-west-side

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/27...100610.article

Whatever you do, Dont watch the news....this shit happens ALL over the US.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #54
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why I carry a gun.................................
>
>
>
>
> My old grandpa once said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life
> when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when
> he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed..
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this
> world can be a scary place.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real
> threats in the world.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long
> enough to see the evil in the world.
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I
> understand the limitations of government.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to
> spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I
> want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere
> tomorrow afternoon.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die
> and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know
> how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.. I carry a gun because, unarmed
> and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and
> the people who make it meaningful to me.
>
>
>
> "Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves..
> Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime
> after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
>
>
>
> Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an
> ass whoopin'."
>
>
>
> ...author unknown (but obviously brilliant)
>
>
>
> Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
>
>
>
> The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS
Old 10-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #55
Rigger, Please
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
I am just curious as to your need to carry at all times. What do you guys do that you have to have a handgun with you wherever you go?

live near the ghetto.. umm.. constantly seeing people wearing gang colors, crime/murder rate is high in VA
Old 10-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #56
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im gald I carry.....Not too long ago, my Wife and I were approached by some nut while walking our dogs.....He saw I had a weapon, and made himself scarce.....
Old 10-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #57
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

this is my favorite story

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...ys-do-win.html
Old 10-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #58
motoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant future
motoxer311's Tacoma Gallery
Wallet, keys, gun/holster, shoes and out the door.... Forget I'm even wearing it most of the time, Crossbreed holster is the shit..
Concealed Carry in Taco [and elsewhere]-xd.jpg
Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #59
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Watch the nightly news and ask yourself, why don't I carry a gun?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #60

FWIW, I keep my weapon UN concealed in the truck. Much more easy to access if needed.