Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Concealed Carry in Taco [and elsewhere]

Old 10-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #141
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311offroad View Post
Im SAXD2003 on GPDO... just signed up a week or so ago
awesome
Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #142
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
lol... mine went more like this.. he ran my license and they told him i had a permit. then he asked if i was carrying and i said yes. he asked if i would pull it out and set it on the dash. sure. then he asked if its loaded.. i tell him not much good if it isn't right. so he asks me to unload it. drop the mag out and then as i shuck the round out of the chamber his eyes get huge! hes like... damn you carry it loaded!

was one of those had to be there kind of moments but was hilarious watching his reaction....
Speaking of the Police and you being a Fireman.... One of the engine companies out of my station ran on a late night MVA that was caused by some lady slamming on her brakes to avoid hitting two random dogs running around the busy street.

While the guys were checking out some of the drivers, the dogs were still running around the street and one of them got hit by a jeep. The dog was all fucked up so the cops were going to "dispatch" it. Some cop walks up to the dog on the side of the road, pulls his gun out, annnnnnnnd CLICK!

The Officer looks at his sidearm, chambers a round, and shoots the dog to put it out of its misery.

Moron didn't even know he didn't have one chambered or he just forgot to cock it. And this was just putting a dog down. Thank god he wasn't involved in some firefight and goes to fire his weapon to only realize he forgot to chamber it.

I keep my pistol in the rubber cup holders when I'm driving around town.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #143
SCGuyInACOMA90 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
SCGuyInACOMA90's Tacoma Gallery
to tell you the truth i dont even find it to be worth it here in GA. at least my part of GA. sure u can get a ccl but in some cases that doesnt matter, i guess it depends what cop hassels u and what kind of day they are having, sure i wish i could carry one but then again, its not even worth it
Old 11-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #144
0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice

Navy: 7815
0801's Tacoma Gallery
When seated, I usually just tucked my HK in between the seat belt buckle (female end) and center console or at the 4.

That was back in WA though
Old 11-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #145
JLamb11 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jared
JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
Ugh, California......
Old 11-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #146
DTCVTC is on a distinguished road
DTCVTC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmchugh5 View Post
Reading all this concealed carry transport permit Blah Blah makes me think I LOVE VERMONT !!! Why is it one of the safest places to live CAUSE WE'RE ALL PACKIN !!!
I agree... Vermont Is the best
Old 11-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #147
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
I was stopped a few weeks ago for going 11mph over the speed limit. The officer was on the side of the road on a drive that was not being used. He ask me to get out of the car and ask for my licence. I gave him my licence and Concealed permit. He said thank you and ask if I was carring. Yes sir on my right hip and drivers side door. He said I was the first person he had that stopped that had a gun on him or in the car. He said why have it if you are not going to carry. He still gave me a ticket and I told him to have a great day and thank you. My wife was hot because I was only going 11mph overand that I told to have a nice day,right I knew the speed limit and screwed up and I will pay, that is his job.................
Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #148
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
I carry b/c you never know. I generally stay within decent areas but that doesnt mean the criminals stay in the bad areas, I mean I live in a good area the west end of Richmond and there are bank robberies and home invasions. I mean the economy sucks so people that are down on their luck turn desperate. Im not gonna be caught off guard.

As for those that think every LEO is a dick there to violate you. You all are dumb asses. They have a job. Just like most people. They have to do their job. In their job they may ask questions you don't like, not be very personable..does not mean they are dicks. I have several LEO's in my family and I believe every one of them does their job within the letter of the law. I may have called a cop a dick a time or two in my head, but at the end of the day I was in the wrong and he was doing his job. Anybody that wishes harm on LEO's I hope you need them one day and this will change your mind.

Lastly I have a question...why to Fire Marshalls carry a pistol? Just curious
Old 11-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #150
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Gauge View Post
I like this setup! I need to get my CCL!

Your in Texas - you can have your gun in your truck with no problem. Its part of the Castle Doctrine. I've been talked to by two State Troopers about my Sig GSR (original Revolution). I have kept that gun in my truck beside me for the last two years since it became protected.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #151
austinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
austinstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Gauge View Post
I like this setup! I need to get my CCL!
I'm getting my CHL next month
Old 11-22-2010, 01:38 AM   #152
kickbackmiami is a jewel in the roughkickbackmiami is a jewel in the roughkickbackmiami is a jewel in the rough
Name: RD
kickbackmiami's Tacoma Gallery
I have a .50 Cal mounted in the back of my new Tacoma. It was the very first mod I did to it. Oh and I keep an XD .40 in my glovebox just in case.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #153
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickbackmiami View Post
I have a .50 Cal mounted in the back of my new Tacoma. It was the very first mod I did to it. Oh and I keep an XD .40 in my glovebox just in case.
I got a similar setup. It works wonders!

Old 08-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #154
Field Supervisor
WildWolfy is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Veteran/ Aircraft Fabricator
Name: Steve
WildWolfy's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna carry not only because of my profession, but for the sake of having it.

Once was said, the 2nd admendment is there incase the politicians forget about the rest!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #155
Taco Madre
ronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ronny
ronny97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
I am just curious as to your need to carry at all times. What do you guys do that you have to have a handgun with you wherever you go?
I know what I'm not doing, that's being a victim.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #156
Elkhound is on a distinguished road
Navy: Machinest Mate
Name: Kurt
Elkhound's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny97 View Post
I know what I'm not doing, that's being a victim.
Right on ronny97. I carry a Walther PPK/.380 7+1 when I'm staying local (safe areas) or my Beretta 9mm 15+1 when I go to the city (not so safe areas)
Old 01-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #157
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a Glock 27 and a FOX IWB. Still getting used to it. Always on my mind. But it also raises my situational awareness.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #158
ready6delta
ready6delta is on a distinguished road
Army: DRILL SGT
ready6delta's Tacoma Gallery
I know it's an older thread but thought this might intrigue some.......
http://http://monderno.com/gear-revi...-code-osh-rti/
Old 07-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #159
Dangerdave is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Dangerdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:I am just curious as to your need to carry at all times. What do you guys do that you have to have a handgun with you wherever you go?

Do you ever watch the news?

Nowadays you honestly NEVER know when someone is going to flip their shit and go nuts.. I carry to protect my family and myself. The way I look at is, I never want to be lying in a hospital bed (or worse in a coffin) and think "I really wish I would have had my gun."

I honestly hope I die a peaceful life and never have to NEED to draw and fire my gun, but if the day comes where I need to, id rather it be him 6 feet under than me or my family.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #160
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
I have had my CCL for about a year now and have yet to carry. It sucks because it really is a terrible idea to have a gun in my truck with the line of work I'm in. I do like having it though I don't have to worry about how I transport my firearms.