Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Concealed Carry in Taco [and elsewhere]

Old 10-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Concealed Carry in Taco [and elsewhere]

Seeing as how the first errand I took my taco on [ever] was dropping off my ballot and getting my CPL from the police department, I am interested to know ideas/experiences with concealed carry.

When I open carried in my Taco, it was slightly uncomfortable (due to 3-oclock position touching seat belt holder). I am trying to conceal carry at 4-o'clock and it seems relatively comfortable, but now I am curious what you do (and what you are carrying).

I've got a Glock 19.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
I personal carry my Ruger Alaskan .44 mag in the center console. It is still comfortable for me to reach with my right hand if I need to.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Conceal carry?!?!?!? Im wondering how you even got a CPL in CA. I'm uniformed services, work for ICE, work w/ bad people, and am prior Army. I was told that unless I carried a gun on-duty that I couldn't get a CCP in the Republik of CA (If only I could vote in San Diego - would voted for that other sheriff guy).....

When I was in WA I carried a G23 IWB about 4 o'clock in my old S10. Not the most comfortable but better then anywhere else for me. Problem was the draw from sitting - no way I could get it out quick enough in an emergency situation.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
austinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
austinstaco's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a Glock 23 loaded with Speer 180 Grain Gold Dot 13+1

Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
Timmay Co is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
Timmay Co's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got an XD-9 in my Taco, in Colorado you dont need to have a ccw to carry in your car. They passed a "Make my day law" and extended it to your personal vehicle.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinstaco View Post

Nice!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

dgalleon's Tacoma Gallery
I carry my glock 19 in my center console as well... also looking for other creative ways to conceal
Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #8
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Jealous of your tactical yet stylish mods! That looks like the pro stealth holster. I've got the Blackhawk CQC for OWB and the Galco Tuck N' Go for IWB. Love them both, but neither have capacity for mags.

My CPL is a WA CPL as I am a WA resident.

I find 4-o'clock with my Tuck N' Go to be suitable even in my Taco. More comfortable sitting than standing for me.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
austinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
austinstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmgt View Post
Jealous of your tactical yet stylish mods! That looks like the pro stealth holster. I've got the Blackhawk CQC for OWB and the Galco Tuck N' Go for IWB. Love them both, but neither have capacity for mags.

My CPL is a WA CPL as I am a WA resident.

I find 4-o'clock with my Tuck N' Go to be suitable even in my Taco. More comfortable sitting than standing for me.
Thanks man, it is a Uncle Mikes Sidekick Ambidextrous Hip Holster that is mounted on 1'' alu flat stock
Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
yotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: RN
Name: Ryan
yotaman3130's Tacoma Gallery
not trying to be that guy, but use the search, ive seen another thread on here that had a lot of replies with pics etc
Old 10-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #11
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman3130 View Post
not trying to be that guy, but use the search, ive seen another thread on here that had a lot of replies with pics etc
I did use search, but the threads were a bit older and I wanted to chime in without reviving a thread.

I like the idea of concealing on my person and was wondering about what ways others find most comfortable.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #12
Noob
evil_umbrellacorp has a spectacular aura aboutevil_umbrellacorp has a spectacular aura about

Name: Steve
evil_umbrellacorp's Tacoma Gallery
Open carry, concealed carry. I can only dream of it up here in Canada. I can carry a pistol to the range with an Authorization to Transport. Of course it has to be unloaded, trigger-locked, and locked in an opaque case out of site and out of reach of the driver. When transporting I have to drive in a direct route to the range and back. Fun times eh?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i just roll around with a shotgun on my lap

seriously though...i dont have a problem with the 4oclock position but like someone else said...theres no good way to quickly draw from that position

you could switch to an ankle holster too
Old 10-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #14
yotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: RN
Name: Ryan
yotaman3130's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmgt View Post
I did use search, but the threads were a bit older and I wanted to chime in without reviving a thread.

I like the idea of concealing on my person and was wondering about what ways others find most comfortable.

cool deal

i just keep mine in the center console or on my lap, in my pants only if im dressed tucked in or where im going somewhere i cant just stick it in when i get out the truck. Here in Mississippi its pretty laid back so if i wanna pull it out my center console and then IWB holster when i get out at the pump or wally world its all good. I saw a guy had one of those blackhawk holsters mounted under his steering wheel and kept his glock there and another guy drimelled out the spare change drawer to the let of sterring wheel so his ruger would slide in
Old 10-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a Tracker 4" .44 mag and I think it'll go in the console also.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #17
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I think I found how I want to set mine up.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #18
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
Everything is fucking illegal in California.
Except the worst of the true criminals- your politicians.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #19
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Normally I carry with a crossbreed holster at about the 4-5 o'clock position. Sometimes I'll carry it in the SOB which will make my Sig P239 disappear.

I am very happy with the crossbreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i just roll around with a shotgun on my lap

seriously though...i dont have a problem with the 4oclock position but like someone else said...theres no good way to quickly draw from that position

you could switch to an ankle holster too
Nothing wrong with driving around with a shotgun in the front seat. It's okay even in California, although it must be unloaded but ammo can be attached to receiver. Just steer clear of any school zones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_umbrellacorp View Post
Open carry, concealed carry. I can only dream of it up here in Canada. I can carry a pistol to the range with an Authorization to Transport. Of course it has to be unloaded, trigger-locked, and locked in an opaque case out of site and out of reach of the driver. When transporting I have to drive in a direct route to the range and back. Fun times eh?
Man that it worse than New York which is the Mordor of gun-control in the U.S. Isengard (Chicago, IL) suffered a major blow this year when they lost McDonald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
Everything is fucking illegal in California.
Don't be discouraged. We are winning now. We are very close to getting concealed carry for the masses. Consider a donation to the Calguns Foundation who is fighting a number of strategic legal battles, including one for your civil right to carry a weapon for self defense. http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
Old 10-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #20
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
I am just curious as to your need to carry at all times. What do you guys do that you have to have a handgun with you wherever you go?