Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

California gun owners fighting back.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #21
spshocker07 is on a distinguished road
spshocker07's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to spshocker07
Indeed as spp posted the link the open carry ban proposition was defeated and never made it into effect. Open carry was never outlawed in CA.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:34 AM   #22
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
i get what you are saying about the concealed part(traditionally concealed carry has been held a privilege by different state courts)...but when we start letting government dictate what our rights are they infringe more and more...like the unloaded Open Carry thing...that was done in response to the black panthers when they marched into the state house right?? where did government get the privilege to make that law(remember all political power is inherent in you and i) what good is an unloaded pistol you might as well carry a brick and for the unloaded part if i am carrying loaded what if i refuse it to be "E" checked?? i have the right to not incriminate myself and remian silent etc. or is that too just a privilege in California?
We control who we vote into office and therefore influence the way our legislators create and vote on bills.

The State Courts are there to determine if bills that are created are legal or overreaching.

The Federal Courts ensure that freedoms are not being taken away as in the case of the handgun ban in D.C. and Chicago.

Very simplified explanations but oh well.

The courts are also there to ensure that police are following laws regarding illegal search and seizure. If you watch "Border Wars", apparently the Coyotes (those who smuggle people into the US) don't put the batteries into cell phones. The BP agents apparently cannot place the battery in there to check call records and such - its a breach of self incrimination. There was another case where a suspected pedophile had his computer password locked and refused to give up the password. They couldnt force him to do so and last I recall he was released for a lack of evidence (dont completely quote me on that last one).

Thats the great part about checks and balances and the reason why voting is one of the most important parts of our freedom. What I really disagree on is the fear mongering of different groups and politicians just to get votes (ie. NRA stating that all guns and ammo would be banned and it took me >3 mos to get a few hundred rounds of .40 and .45 cal).