Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Finding a scope for my new muzzleloader...

Old 10-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
eagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed
eagleswarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Finding a scope for my new muzzleloader...

Just bought the new TC Encore Endeavor Pro Hunter and I'm EXTREMELY excited to go pick it up this week!! Finding a scope for my new muzzleloader...-gun.jpg
Question is, I've been told all the stuff about recoil and shock factor on muzzleloaders that you cannot have a regular rifle scope on it that it has to be muzzleloader specific...Any truth to it? The two I'm looking at is the Nikon Monarch 4-16x50 (rifle scope) or the Nikon Omega Muzzleloader scope 3-9x40... Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Nice gun!

Not so much the scope specific, as it is the rings. you can put whatever flavor scope on there you like.

A good energy absorbing ring is the Burris Signature Zee's with the inserts.

Best bang for the buck on a scope is the Mueller, just as good as a Leupold and about $200 cheaper.
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/
Old 10-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleswarrior View Post
Just bought the new TC Encore Endeavor Pro Hunter and I'm EXTREMELY excited to go pick it up this week!! Attachment 76221
Question is, I've been told all the stuff about recoil and shock factor on muzzleloaders that you cannot have a regular rifle scope on it that it has to be muzzleloader specific...Any truth to it? The two I'm looking at is the Nikon Monarch 4-16x50 (rifle scope) or the Nikon Omega Muzzleloader scope 3-9x40... Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!!
No truth to the idea the your muzzleloader is any different in recoil than any other centerfire hunting rifle.
Also, the 4-16X50 scope you mention is WAY TOO MUCH magnification for that firearm.
You're shooting maybe 150yds with a smokepole and why you'd need that much magnification is beyond me.
The Nikon 3-9 is more realistic...maybe even a 2-7X or fixed 4X.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Daniel.......the NIKON omega are great if you can afford them. I have a tru-glo scope on my cva wolf.....and it holds pretty good. Can't remember the power for it tho. I think its a 3x12x42 or so.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
eagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed
eagleswarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
Daniel.......the NIKON omega are great if you can afford them. I have a tru-glo scope on my cva wolf.....and it holds pretty good. Can't remember the power for it tho. I think its a 3x12x42 or so.
I read your post from a while back about the tru glo and looked on dicks site for it but couldn't find the exact one!!!! I would be interested in that one as well so I'm going to do a little more research on the tru glo before I buy any other brand and I'll give that one a chance...is it the short scope that you've got?
Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleswarrior View Post
I read your post from a while back about the tru glo and looked on dicks site for it but couldn't find the exact one!!!! I would be interested in that one as well so I'm going to do a little more research on the tru glo before I buy any other brand and I'll give that one a chance...is it the short scope that you've got?
no....not a short scope at all. It's almost touching my rear sight with the mounts I'm using.
BTW....the scope has a light up bdc article as well.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn Muzzleloader scope on my Omega and I love it. It is 3-9X40 and has a real nice circle reticle. Make sure you spend the money and get high quality rings and a 1 piece base. Leupold makes the base just for the encore/omega...
Old 10-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
whiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Supply SGT
whiskey101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter160 View Post
I have a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn Muzzleloader scope on my Omega and I love it. It is 3-9X40 and has a real nice circle reticle. Make sure you spend the money and get high quality rings and a 1 piece base. Leupold makes the base just for the encore/omega...
I have the same scope on my T/C Impact. They are good scopes for under 100.00, but they aren't nearly as clear as the Nikon Omega. They are a lot cheaper and I won't shoot past 150 yards with my ML so I couldn't justify spending the money for the Nikon.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey101 View Post
I have the same scope on my T/C Impact. They are good scopes for under 100.00, but they aren't nearly as clear as the Nikon Omega. They are a lot cheaper and I won't shoot past 150 yards with my ML so I couldn't justify spending the money for the Nikon.
How do you like the Impact? i have heard some people say it is not up to typical T/C quality and some people swear its just as good as the Omega.