Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hunting tactics you dont approve of?

Old 10-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #41
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like people who have highly trained bird dogs and ground swat birds, or who shoot roosting birds. The other group I don't like is the ones who use ATVs to chase, or hunt from and never get off the thing when they shoot.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #42
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like baiting, road hunting, spot lighting, fenced hunts and long range rifles but I absolutely hate trophy hunting. You see the guys on t.v. sitting in a blind picking through the deer talking about inches, to hell with that, I could care less if its a trophy or not. They are not deer hunting they are hunting for antler inches and that doesn't make deer hunting look good to the non-hunting public. Oh and also don't like the term they use on these hunting shows when they are looking at a buck, "Do you like him?", thats pretty disrespectful to the animal they are all awesome trophys. I like tree stand hunting(spot and stalk just wouldnt work here), and also dont mind some use of hunting with dogs, we use beagles for rabbit and deer hunting here.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #43
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Also look up Hot Steel Aggi Balls by Jerry Clower.

BR549.... jerry clower is awesome.. and i cant stand when people hunt my stand.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #44
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i have a short list. basically, if it is legal, i'n pretty much cool with it.

but i cant see the fun with.
1. road hunters...wtf? some fatass riding around in a truck, glassing the hills. please.
2. guys hunting out of permanent blinds with high powered rifles. unless you are in a wheelchair..get the eff out.
3. guys with the super hyper accurate long range rifles that shoot 400yards and up. the animal dies on the next mountain range. even if they see you, they are not smart enough to know they are in danger.

the rest..whatever. baiting? bears in some areas can only be hunted this way. cover is too thick. same with deer in texas. thick.

me..i am probably the most unsuccessful hunter i know. i love spot stalk bowhunting..and i SUCK! i get invited to black rifle, night hunts at or near wine country for hogs, but i decline. i see if they will take me in the daytime, but the answer is always NO. they want the pigs gone, and spotlight and high capacity magazines are the way to go.
x2 These are pretty much a summary of my views as well.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #45
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I remember going along a trail and i found a few dead does every 50 feet. Someone went around just shooting them and leaving them.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #46
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
I hate being in a couple miles on foot, and having an ATV come right up on your ass. Or come up to one that came in the opposing way. In places they aren't even supposed to be in.

And of course they're all
camo'd out and have hand warmers on the grips and all.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:16 AM   #47
tacoeater will become famous soon enoughtacoeater will become famous soon enough
Name: Johnny
tacoeater's Tacoma Gallery
Poaching is the worse thing around me. People around here are not afraid to shoot a deer day or night off the road. And your dogs better not be on my property during deer season they will be shot
Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #48
sea nymph is on a distinguished road
sea nymph's Tacoma Gallery
Crossbows - especially there use in Archery Season and the yahoos who think they can shoot 50 yards!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #49
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea nymph View Post
Crossbows - especially there use in Archery Season and the yahoos who think they can shoot 50 yards!
X2, they passed a law a couple years ago that any one can use crossbows during archery season, before you had to be crippled. Now you have that many more people in the woods.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #50
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Gatling guns!!! Although the meat would be tender....... if you could find it.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #52
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
poaching (spotlight road hunting), not fair to the guys who actually spend time in the woods trying to bag a trophy.

theivery, i've had trail cams and entire feeders stolen in the past.

tresspassing, this is my biggest peeve by far.

shooting of young bucks. seriously...just shoot a doe if its only gonna be a "meat" deer.

taking "pot shots". this is how deer end up wounded/wasted and heightens potential to injur other hunters as well. i have heard 6-8 shots at a time before, which is ridiculous.

on the subject of hunting over bait...it's legal here and i do feed, but i have a personal rule of never hunting right at the feeder/plot. i don't feed them to draw them in for a kill, but rather to try to improve my herd. i don't even put anything out until mid december after "boom boom" season is over. i feed right on through winter into early spring.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #53
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it legal and safe, everything else is relative. One of my favorite "hunting" activities is popping prairie dogs, with shots ranging from 50 to about 400 yds (limited only by my caliber choice, usually 40 gr 223 out of a Rem 700).

Some folks may have an issue with sport hunting but prairie dogs are vermin and are usualy simply poisoned if the ranch doesn't have lots of dog hunters.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #54
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doakes View Post
After being in combat, I don't like hunting something that can't shoot back.
You're such a badass
Old 11-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #55
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Keep it legal and safe, everything else is relative. One of my favorite "hunting" activities is popping prairie dogs, with shots ranging from 50 to about 400 yds (limited only by my caliber choice, usually 40 gr 223 out of a Rem 700).

Some folks may have an issue with sport hunting but prairie dogs are vermin and are usualy simply poisoned if the ranch doesn't have lots of dog hunters.
A buddy of mine who moved to WY tells me this is a lot of fun. They setup picnic tables and umbrellas then shoot all day at the little basterds.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #56
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post

Tons of fun. a 223 will do work on a prarie dog. if you are lucky you can find a rancher that will pay you x amount of money per dog. not even enough to cover your ammo but it helps and it is fun