1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hunting tactics you dont approve of?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by takern, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Oct 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    RogueLeader

RogueLeader Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 TRD
    I don't like people who have highly trained bird dogs and ground swat birds, or who shoot roosting birds. The other group I don't like is the ones who use ATVs to chase, or hunt from and never get off the thing when they shoot.

2. Oct 26, 2010 at 8:54 PM
    Firefighter160

Firefighter160 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Eastern VA
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Offroad
    I don't like baiting, road hunting, spot lighting, fenced hunts and long range rifles but I absolutely hate trophy hunting. You see the guys on t.v. sitting in a blind picking through the deer talking about inches, to hell with that, I could care less if its a trophy or not. They are not deer hunting they are hunting for antler inches and that doesn't make deer hunting look good to the non-hunting public. Oh and also don't like the term they use on these hunting shows when they are looking at a buck, "Do you like him?", thats pretty disrespectful to the animal they are all awesome trophys. I like tree stand hunting(spot and stalk just wouldnt work here), and also dont mind some use of hunting with dogs, we use beagles for rabbit and deer hunting here.

3. Oct 26, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,

BR549.... jerry clower is awesome.. and i cant stand when people hunt my stand.

4. Oct 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM
    Redfox1

Redfox1 'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
    x2 These are pretty much a summary of my views as well.

5. Oct 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    I remember going along a trail and i found a few dead does every 50 feet. Someone went around just shooting them and leaving them.

6. Oct 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM
    wolfdog2314

wolfdog2314 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Eibach coils. 5100's all around. AAL. WickedFlow
    I hate being in a couple miles on foot, and having an ATV come right up on your ass. Or come up to one that came in the opposing way. In places they aren't even supposed to be in.

And of course they're all
    camo'd out and have hand warmers on the grips and all.

7. Nov 1, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    tacoeater

tacoeater Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Poaching is the worse thing around me. People around here are not afraid to shoot a deer day or night off the road. And your dogs better not be on my property during deer season they will be shot

8. Nov 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    sea nymph

sea nymph Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC Off Road SR5 4x4
    Crossbows - especially there use in Archery Season and the yahoos who think they can shoot 50 yards!

9. Nov 1, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    Firefighter160

Firefighter160 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Eastern VA
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Offroad
    X2, they passed a law a couple years ago that any one can use crossbows during archery season, before you had to be crippled. Now you have that many more people in the woods.

10. Nov 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    Gatling guns!!! Although the meat would be tender....... if you could find it. :D

11. Nov 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    I hate bush hunting on public hunting land...good way to kill someone. I hate people who hunt at night and people who kill spikes and fawns...basically idiots and bad deer management!

12. Nov 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    poaching (spotlight road hunting), not fair to the guys who actually spend time in the woods trying to bag a trophy.

theivery, i've had trail cams and entire feeders stolen in the past.

tresspassing, this is my biggest peeve by far.

shooting of young bucks. seriously...just shoot a doe if its only gonna be a "meat" deer.

taking "pot shots". this is how deer end up wounded/wasted and heightens potential to injur other hunters as well. i have heard 6-8 shots at a time before, which is ridiculous.

on the subject of hunting over bait...it's legal here and i do feed, but i have a personal rule of never hunting right at the feeder/plot. i don't feed them to draw them in for a kill, but rather to try to improve my herd. i don't even put anything out until mid december after "boom boom" season is over. i feed right on through winter into early spring.

13. Nov 5, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Keep it legal and safe, everything else is relative. One of my favorite "hunting" activities is popping prairie dogs, with shots ranging from 50 to about 400 yds (limited only by my caliber choice, usually 40 gr 223 out of a Rem 700).

Some folks may have an issue with sport hunting but prairie dogs are vermin and are usualy simply poisoned if the ranch doesn't have lots of dog hunters.

14. Nov 5, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    MarineTacoDriver

MarineTacoDriver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cherry Point
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    ARB front bumper, Warn M8000, ATO front/transmission/transfer case skids, Icon ext travel coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, OME Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein/RCD 5100 3-4" lift shock, extended stainless brake lines, DrewFab shackle flip, rear ARB Airlocker, ARB air compressor
    You're such a badass :rolleyes:

15. Nov 5, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    A buddy of mine who moved to WY tells me this is a lot of fun. They setup picnic tables and umbrellas then shoot all day at the little basterds. :laugh:

16. Nov 6, 2010 at 6:33 AM
    takern

takern [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    Tons of fun. a 223 will do work on a prarie dog. if you are lucky you can find a rancher that will pay you x amount of money per dog. not even enough to cover your ammo but it helps and it is fun

Products Discussed in

To Top