LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hunting tactics you dont approve of?

Old 10-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Hunting tactics you dont approve of?

So I was talking with some of my buddies today and we got to the conversation of the things you can't stand that other hunters do or just some methods of hunting that you dont approve of. I figured it would be interesting to find out what yall thought.

For me, I can't stand ground blinds in the middle of a field. it takes all the sport out of it i think cus you could be in there in a sparkly jumpsuit doing aerobics and the deer wouldnt see you.

And on the TV shows where they have those big plastic or wooden houses on 4 legs like 30 yards from a feeder in the middle of nowhere with no cover. thats not hunting. thats shopping for a head on the wall.

And also baiting for bears and such. I cant stand that one bit.

Maybe im different than yall but i just find these 3 things really take the sport out of hunting
Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I hate fenced in hunts like on TV.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Well we have a problem of guys night hunting, shooting bucks and cutting off the racks and leaving the rest of the deer. I hate walking through the ranch and coming across dead bucks with no rack and all the meat still there.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
I hate hunters on my personal property that think that it is theirs.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
Well we have a problem of guys night hunting, shooting bucks and cutting off the racks and leaving the rest of the deer. I hate walking through the ranch and coming across dead bucks with no rack and all the meat still there.
yeah that is messed up. the meat is delicious and they really do not take all that long to process. my roommate had an albino buck on his property and someone spotlighted it before he could find it during the day. he was pissed to say the least
Old 10-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
So I was talking with some of my buddies today and we got to the conversation of the things you can't stand that other hunters do or just some methods of hunting that you dont approve of. I figured it would be interesting to find out what yall thought.

For me, I can't stand ground blinds in the middle of a field. it takes all the sport out of it i think cus you could be in there in a sparkly jumpsuit doing aerobics and the deer wouldnt see you.

And on the TV shows where they have those big plastic or wooden houses on 4 legs like 30 yards from a feeder in the middle of nowhere with no cover. thats not hunting. thats shopping for a head on the wall.

And also baiting for bears and such. I cant stand that one bit.

Maybe im different than yall but i just find these 3 things really take the sport out of hunting

i agree with this 100%
Old 10-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not real big on baiting. Too easy for the fat Texan that is willing to cough up a stupid amount of money.

I'm not real big on hounds treeing bears and big cats either. "Its hard!", they say. No its not.

Get down and hunt on foot. I enjoy still hunting the most. Nothing feels better than beating them at their own game. Sometimes you get one, sometimes you don't.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
When you tree a coon, dont shoot the coon...climb the tree and punch him out. Give him a sporting chance. Make him jump in amongst 20 dogs and give him the option of whooping all them dogs and walking off....this is strictly left up to the coon. Give him a sporting chance...lol
Old 10-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Things I don't like at all.....people spotlighting deer at night and shooting them..teachers...
People trespassing to hunt.........thieves stealing stands.......hunting right over a feeder or corn pile........people shooting bucks just for the rack and leaving the rest laying......and people lettering the woods. All that ruffled the hell outta my feathers.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #12

takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfTaco View Post
When you tree a coon, dont shoot the coon...climb the tree and punch him out. Give him a sporting chance. Make him jump in amongst 20 dogs and give him the option of whooping all them dogs and walking off....this is strictly left up to the coon. Give him a sporting chance...lol
not sure who this is directed at....
Old 10-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #13
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
not sure who this is directed at....
If you are from the south, love to hunt and like good clean humor at its best look up Jerry Clower. You will die laughing...he was a true american and great storyteller from mississippi that passed away a few years back. This was just a couple lines from his most famous story "knock him out john"
Old 10-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfTaco View Post
If you are from the south, love to hunt and like good clean humor at its best look up Jerry Clower. You will die laughing...he was a true american and great storyteller from mississippi that passed away a few years back. This was just a couple lines from his most famous story "knock him out john"
Also look up Hot Steel Aggi Balls by Jerry Clower.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
People wasting animals. That pisses me off more than anything. Oh and "road hunters", you know the type, drink beer all day and drive logging roads and never get out of the truck. These are the same assholes that shoot at movement instead of taking a clear shot at an animal.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #17
The Welfare Cadilac

I hate it when people aren't safe with guns around me.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #18

I went on a hunting trip to kansas several years ago with what I thought were some reputable hunters, but one morning on the way to a farm we passed a grove of trees with several turkeys in a field and they slammed on brakes jumped out and killed 3 of them....hell i almost hit them they stopped so fast (I was following) I was like wtf are you doing??? Then later in the day they stopped and shot a pheasant from the cab of the truck!!! Needless to say it was the only hunting trip I went on with that crowd. I guess a lot of guys that brag on limiting out do it this way.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #19
sethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Missile Maint Tech, 2 Muns
Name: Seth
sethr21785's Tacoma Gallery
I hunted in VA a couple years ago and could not believe it was legal to use dogs to push deer. That takes all the hunt out of hunting! I refused to participate..
Old 10-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #20
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethr21785 View Post
I hunted in VA a couple years ago and could not believe it was legal to use dogs to push deer. That takes all the hunt out of hunting! I refused to participate..
Everyone around here does it.