Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Desert Eagle 1911G .45 ACP

Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Desert Eagle 1911G .45 ACP

Just picked up decembers issue of "combat handguns" and there is a very well written article on magnum research's tackdriving new. 45. They are comparing it right out of the box to custom $2000 pistols. And the price is verry reasonable at $799. If you get a chance pick up the new issue. Very good read.
Anyone had a chance to shoot one yet? Thoughts?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 AM   #2
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. Everyone seems to be building a brand new 100 year old design. I guess that speaks volumes. I also note that Magnum Research was bought by Kahr Arms, which might explain their foray into the 1911 (Another Kahr subsidiary, Thompson Arms, has been making 1911s for quite awhile now).
Old 10-26-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
speedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
speedfreek's Tacoma Gallery
I will have to check it out. I really want a Springfield TRP Operator. If the specs are close and get good reviews it may sway me to pick it up. Any chance you have a list you can post up of what features are present on the Mag Research that make it comparable to a custom 1911?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
Interesting. Everyone seems to be building a brand new 100 year old design. I guess that speaks volumes. I also note that Magnum Research was bought by Kahr Arms, which my explain their foray into the 1911 (Another Kahr subsidiary, Thompson Arms, has been making 1911s for quite awhile now).
I found that interesting about Khar as well. They have had some decent handguns come out in the past 2 yrs or so. I think the article mentioned that the designs are still from the isreali company.
I bet we see alot more from Magnum research/Khar in the next few months.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
Zombie Killer
High-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
High-Gear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
Interesting. Everyone seems to be building a brand new 100 year old design. I guess that speaks volumes. I also note that Magnum Research was bought by Kahr Arms, which my explain their foray into the 1911 (Another Kahr subsidiary, Thompson Arms, has been making 1911s for quite awhile now).
I think the Thompson .45's are actually made in the Phillapines by Armscor (IE Rock Island Armory), and they put the Thompson name on the slide. I hope the magnum research ones are not fluffed up Rock Islands! Then again I think Colt is using Armscor for some of they're lower line .45's now.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #6

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I will have to check it out. I really want a Springfield TRP Operator. If the specs are close and get good reviews it may sway me to pick it up. Any chance you have a list you can post up of what features are present on the Mag Research that make it comparable to a custom 1911?
I like the TRP as well. Just not in 9mm. I'll see if I can dig around and find something. My pops called earlier and said he might have one to shoot for the weekend. Unfortunately i'm in sc and he's in indiana
Old 10-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #7

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
$670. wow.!!
http://oldagguns.com/oldagadmingunst...products_id=53

Nothin but good reviews on most of the forums I have visited. Ofcourse there are your typicals that claim they know everything about 1911's that wouldn't own this gun but hey, looks nice, price is right and thumbs up on 90% of the reviews.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 AM   #8
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I handled one a few weeks ago, did not shoot it. Looked fine, salesman said he had no trigger time on the gun. Another one that looked fine was a Remington R1, to which the guy said he pesonally owned and loved, both were pretty basic handguns. The shop I was at carried Sig, SA Para, Taurus and Kimber. I was torn between the Springfield A1 loaded, and the Kimber Custom II, I choose the Kimber. I've now got 250rds through it so far, (going to the range again in a few hours). I could not be happier with the Kimber.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
I'm all for bringing the price point down on 1911s with the basic "custom" features - beavertail, decent sights, quality barrel, etc. Considering my Kimber Gold Combat cost me $1300 in 2001, and now goes for over $2000, I think pricing is out of control. 'Course, if people keep paying those prices....