Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

check this out!!!!! proud dad part #2

Old 10-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
check this out!!!!! proud dad part #2

so most of you have seen my post called proud dad and the most exciting 15 minutes ever.
well this is proud dad and the most exciting 30 minutes ever.
i called my wife on the way home and told her to get kenna and herself ready we were going hunting. once i got home we loaded up and off the family went.
on the way home i saw a nice little buck and a few does so i knew the deer were moving.
we really wanted to just go up and just make sure the gun was still on from the trip to Washington and back. once we got there i am glad we checked because it was a little off. i think it was due to some loose screws that i tightened up. anyway about 5:30 we had it dialed.
i was in a relatively new area for me i only go there to shoot the guns but with little time i thought lets walk down this road (i thought there was a clear cut wrong) once it started to get steep we stopped and decided to head back (my wife had her ACL rebuilt about 1 month ago so we have to be careful where we walk). we got back to the rock pile we shoot at and decided we would walk the power line road, about 1/4 mile in we found a bench that over looked another bench and then a big open hill side (the hillside was way out). before we sat down i thought the corner of the low bench look really good and thought if we see a buck it will be there. so we all sat down got positioned and i threw up my swaro's to glass that corner and what do a see but a buck staring at us!!!!!!!!!! as quickly as i could i got the gun ready i tried to position kenna, but with the fog now starting to roll in i could not tell if the buck was still there. as i glassed frantically the fog moved passed and could see the buck still there. then he started to walk towards us WOW is this really happening.
so we let him walk towards us, we where about ready to shoot a few times but the scope kept fogging up. i think i wiped it off like 10 times, finally i got nervous he was about to bail off the edge and ask kenna if she was ready, she said yes (i had not ranged him but i know he was around 150). once i new she was ready i told her go ahead and pull the trigger. BOOM and i see the buck jump forward and then off the edge, i kept waiting to see him come out the bottombut he never did. with the weather being less the ideal and not having a lot of day light left my wife stayed up where we were and kenna and i went down to find the buck (i knew he was hit but not sure how good). once we got to the area the buck was we could not find him or any sign of him. i was thinking please no not a wounded buck, so i started a circle pattern and after about 20 minute i walked right up to him in waste high ferns (20 yards off the edge from the trail he was on). i got kenna down to me and buck and let her look him over it was pretty cool to see her excitement. one problem i left the camera at home!!!!!!!!! i took some bad cell phone pictures and we got to work, once we where done i tried to get the buck on my back to pack him out, that did not work. now i can haul some weight but man i could not get this deer even on my shoulders to try to carry him. my wife was not really up to helping with her leg still not even 60%. so a quick phone call to a buddy was made. mike showed up and we drug the buck out. once home we took a few more good pictures and then my real work started. kenna went to bed and i skinned and cleaned up the buck. since it is her first i caped it out to get it mounted. anyway i am real tired and i am sure i forgot something, but enjoy the pictures.
one more thing kenns took off the top inch of the heart and took out both lungs i think she needs a neck name like dead eye.
i guess i should say this was a youth mentor hunt on my wifes tag

Old 10-27-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
That is fantastic!! Congrats to the little lady and to the proud pappa and momma!!!

I love your stories and pictures Chris, several people have subscriptions to these threads> http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...ing-bucks.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...s-stories.html

good place for many to see those wonderful youth stories, and yours too.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome...................by the way.................you should go buy a few lottery tickets.

Congrats to some fond memories and excellent hunts.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #5
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome.
When i was 16 (legal age for gun in NY) i shot a monster 9 point and i don't think i've ever seen a happier moment for my father (I'm now 24). He was all smiles and on the phone calling up everone he knew. So yeah, i know exactly how you feel. congrats on raising some naturnal born killers lol
Old 10-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #6
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!!!! You all are going to be eating good this winter!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:59 AM   #7
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Amazing. Nice shot girl!! 150 + or -. That is more than most of my buddy's can lay claim to.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #8
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
gosh..i dont think i killed my first buck until i was 20 years old!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! Where were you hunting? Wa or Or?
Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
Cool! Where were you hunting? Wa or Or?
oregon outside of lyons