1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do you have in your hunting backpack?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Palmetto Pete, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Nov 5, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    Palmetto Pete

Palmetto Pete [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    In the Mountains
    Vehicle:
    2012 SSM TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    3M Paint Pro Film, OEM Bed Mat, Antenna X, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Foglight Anytime Mod, 8000k HIDs, BFG AT/KOs (265/70/17), Debadged, Ultra-Gauge, Leer 100XR
    I am putting together my hunting backpack to have in the stand with me and was wondering what ya'll have in yours? Of course I am putting in the essentials like a first-aid kit, rope, food, etc . . . but I was wondering if there is anything that you guys have come across that has really helped? Thanks for your input in advance!

2. Nov 6, 2010 at 6:30 AM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    is this just going to be a day pack?

Mine varies from trip to trip depending on where im huntin and who im with. but in general i keep an extra pair of wool socks. one of those tiny aluminum foil survival blankets. a compass and map. a gps. extra long underwar(top and bottom). 3-4 knives and one of those diamond sharpeners. one of those little packets inside an mre with toilet paper, matches, wet wipes, etc... like you said, some granola bars and a bottle of water. about 50 feet of 550 cord. and como duct tape. oh and carmex is a life saver if it is windy out that day.

3. Nov 6, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    Palmetto Pete

Palmetto Pete [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    In the Mountains
    Vehicle:
    2012 SSM TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    3M Paint Pro Film, OEM Bed Mat, Antenna X, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Foglight Anytime Mod, 8000k HIDs, BFG AT/KOs (265/70/17), Debadged, Ultra-Gauge, Leer 100XR
    Cool, thanks for the info guys. There are a few things there that I would have forgot. I am just going to use this as a day pack.

4. Nov 6, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    niit_train

niit_train Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    WV
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    No mods, just extra accessories. Realtree bug shield, vent visors, and a custom Realtree Hunter 4X4 Bully
    I am by no means a survivalist, but things I include in mine if I am not familiar with the area are: GPS, pack saw, fire starter(lighter, matches), tinder(cotton balls with vaseline, dryer lint), extra flashlight, water, food, calls, rangefinder, extra knife, 550 cord, etc. I stopped at the 550 cord to say a little tidbit about this type of rope anbd why it is an essential survivalist rope, for those who don't know. If 50' of cord is cut, and taken apart, this will essentially yield 400 feet of cord. There are 7 strands plus the outer shell. Like others, I am sure there are things I forgot to add, but those are also usually forgot at home anyways! lol! For an area I am familiar with, I lose the gps and extra flashlight for less weight.

NT

5. Nov 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

AZBACKCOUNTRY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    AZ-between the hammer and the anvil
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper,AVID off road weld on sliders, RCI Offroad IFS & transmission Skid (steel), RCI LCA skids (aluminum),upper grillcraft, relentless hi clearance bumper,OEM color matched front grill color, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,ICON 2.5 Coil-overs extended,, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS extended brake lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.prinsu Cabrac.dwreck pod mounts OKLED 18w cubes.Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, LED Wide Cornering, Ambers fog/driving 20" IGGY LED Single Row bar.tepui awning,rotopax 2 gallon, TREDs and mount , 100 watt renogy solar panel.victron 20 amp Bluetooth charge controller,Pro comp wheels - cooper st maxx 285/75/16 tires. Skygear bussman fuse relay smart box. ARB 12v plug hard wired for ARB fridge. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid. Smittybilt X2O 10K winch
    Babywipes. Dude- that is like #1 in my pack. LOL

Emergency survival kit (flint stone), waterproof matches. whistle for calling long distances in an emergency. Paracord. Aqua pure filtration tablets. First aid kit.

That core group is my start, I could write 2 pages but lots of good info out there. Arizona is awesome, but there is so much rugged country here, when you leave your vehicle in many places - you're on your own!

Azbackcountrycouessignature_af5e26a6bb752c56c1a89cea45a7820630dbe5af.jpg

6. Nov 7, 2010 at 5:22 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    dont forget peppermints! on longer hikes my mouth gets really dry in the winter time and i like to keep some in my hunting pack :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top