Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What do you have in your hunting backpack?

Old 11-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
What do you have in your hunting backpack?

I am putting together my hunting backpack to have in the stand with me and was wondering what ya'll have in yours? Of course I am putting in the essentials like a first-aid kit, rope, food, etc . . . but I was wondering if there is anything that you guys have come across that has really helped? Thanks for your input in advance!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #2
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
is this just going to be a day pack?

Mine varies from trip to trip depending on where im huntin and who im with. but in general i keep an extra pair of wool socks. one of those tiny aluminum foil survival blankets. a compass and map. a gps. extra long underwar(top and bottom). 3-4 knives and one of those diamond sharpeners. one of those little packets inside an mre with toilet paper, matches, wet wipes, etc... like you said, some granola bars and a bottle of water. about 50 feet of 550 cord. and como duct tape. oh and carmex is a life saver if it is windy out that day.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, thanks for the info guys. There are a few things there that I would have forgot. I am just going to use this as a day pack.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
niit_train will become famous soon enoughniit_train will become famous soon enough
Name: Jason
niit_train's Tacoma Gallery
Packs

I am by no means a survivalist, but things I include in mine if I am not familiar with the area are: GPS, pack saw, fire starter(lighter, matches), tinder(cotton balls with vaseline, dryer lint), extra flashlight, water, food, calls, rangefinder, extra knife, 550 cord, etc. I stopped at the 550 cord to say a little tidbit about this type of rope anbd why it is an essential survivalist rope, for those who don't know. If 50' of cord is cut, and taken apart, this will essentially yield 400 feet of cord. There are 7 strands plus the outer shell. Like others, I am sure there are things I forgot to add, but those are also usually forgot at home anyways! lol! For an area I am familiar with, I lose the gps and extra flashlight for less weight.

NT
Old 11-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Babywipes. Dude- that is like #1 in my pack. LOL

Emergency survival kit (flint stone), waterproof matches. whistle for calling long distances in an emergency. Paracord. Aqua pure filtration tablets. First aid kit.

That core group is my start, I could write 2 pages but lots of good info out there. Arizona is awesome, but there is so much rugged country here, when you leave your vehicle in many places - you're on your own!

Azbackcountry
Old 11-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
dont forget peppermints! on longer hikes my mouth gets really dry in the winter time and i like to keep some in my hunting pack