Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

my season just got ended and not by my choice

Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #21
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, our property line goes to the road, I wouldn't be shoot from the road. Spot and stalk from inside the property.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #22
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
I'm not a hunter, so I don't really know, but isn't that illegal? Shooting from or to near the road I mean. Or, is it different for a bow?
I think it depends on the state. Once I was driving through Iowa and a couple locals were up on the highway, which was a ridge, overlooking their farm. Both were set up, rifles ready nearyb, hanging out just waiting.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #23
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn dude that sucks!!! FUCK buck season is over here in Cali too, time to wait another year
Old 11-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #24
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
Just found out I am having surgery tomorrow
Old 11-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #25
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
yup, i've broken my collar bone... twice actually.

shit sucks big time. get better soon
Old 11-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #26
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Surgery is done I ended up with 2 pins a plate and screws
Old 11-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #27
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
Surgery is done I ended up with 2 pins a plate and screws
so what you are saying is, your post count is getting ready to skyrocket? Glad to hear you are ok, and surgery went well.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #28
Protected by Glock
Vidman will become famous soon enoughVidman will become famous soon enough
Name: Rick
Vidman's Tacoma Gallery
His posts may go up but will take longer to type with one hand...hahaha...wait till you wipe your ass, brush your teeth, shave, put your socks on, tie your boots....NOT GOOD> get well soon 225
Old 11-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #29
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey chris, I missed this morning, I didn't have my range finder so I guesstimated and shot low. Hurry up and get well, I need someone that can shoot.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #30
????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
Hey chris, I missed this morning, I didn't have my range finder so I guesstimated and shot low. Hurry up and get well, I need someone that can shoot.
That sucks bud. Let me know if you want a range finder I can hook you up. They said 3 months before I can pull a bow. So we will just see what happens.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #31
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

Thanks man but I got one, I just left it in the truck thinking that I wasn't gonna see anything. I ended up seeing two bucks sparring or fighting or whatever but I tried to shoot a doe instead but no go.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #32
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
if you listen real carefully, you can almost hear the deer breath a sigh of relief!
I was thinking the same thing........

and 225, I was thinking this should have been in the support forum, because if most people knew of our passion for archery, not being able to pull the string is devastating. Get well soon brother!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #33
????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
I was thinking the same thing........

and 225, I was thinking this should have been in the support forum, because if most people knew of our passion for archery, not being able to pull the string is devastating. Get well soon brother!
I just figured my blood brothers over here would understand more then the other peoples. On a side note I now have an excuse to go buy a target bow that is like 50-60 so I can rebuild my shoulder muscles
Old 11-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #34
Protected by Glock
Vidman will become famous soon enoughVidman will become famous soon enough
Name: Rick
Vidman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just figured my blood brothers over here would understand more then the other peoples. On a side note I now have an excuse to go buy a target bow that is like 50-60 so I can rebuild my shoulder muscles
I broke mine the 3 rd week in sept and our bow season starts around the 18th of oct. so i was not a happy camper. after my surgery i used my step-sons 40 lb pse and it did help but what i found that was better for me was those big elastic rubber bands. different colors for each weight. I just tied a whole bunch of them together and then tied them to my safe handle and a pulling i went..easier on the bow too..take care 225
Old 11-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #35
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
225. go and get a doctor's note, and then buy a crossbow!! win/win!

have you had to wipe "down there" yet? honestly, that is the worst part of any arm mobility injury.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #36
????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
225. go and get a doctor's note, and then buy a crossbow!! win/win!

have you had to wipe "down there" yet? honestly, that is the worst part of any arm mobility injury.
I was worried but I am good with my left hand. I have found other things hard to do like button my pants.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #37
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That sounds like a good plan!! Any 'reason' to buy archery equipment is always good.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #38
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

I feel for you brother. I slipped off of my boat trailer tounge and cut my leg open about 4 inches in two places....to the bone. Went to the ER and they said my leg bone was cracked. So no stiches or cast. I have been on crutches for 2 weeks now. I can walk on it now but cannot hunt because I have to wash it out with soap and water 2x a day to keep it from getting infected....so NO HUNTING!!!! Not until it heals. I hope I will get to go this season around Christmas. If not I will be bumbed out. $1500 for the lease.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #39
????????????

i will not let this make stop riding i will be more careful how i ride. i talked with the doc today (the surgeon) he also checked my ribs after the surgery, and said i cracked a couple that is why those hurt.