Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

First Deer of The Season

Old 11-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
First Deer of The Season

Last weekend I went to my roommates farm in McMinnville, Tn. Had a very good day of hunting. That morning I saw around 100 turkeys (no joke) and 4 does. But when I was climbing out of my stand I saw a beautiful bobcat walking up following the turkey's scent trail. I was about to take a shot but I guess I did not push the primer all the way in by the time I fixed it he had ran away. But that evening I was ticked off and was gonna kill the first thing I saw. Right before dark I had a small 5 point jump out of the woods. Needless to say he is in my freezer right now....

I kinda feel bad for taking such a small buck but he told me to kill what ever I wanted so I did.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
You were going to shoot anything because you missed an opportunity at a bobcat? Thats hunting man you win some you lose some. Just because you cant shoot everything you want, shouldnt piss you off. Just sayin if Im out in the woods and I see something its a good day. If I take something that I want then its a great day.

That will be a good eatin deer. Better than tag soup my man.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
You were going to shoot anything because you missed an opportunity at a bobcat? Thats hunting man you win some you lose some. Just because you cant shoot everything you want, shouldnt piss you off. Just sayin if Im out in the woods and I see something its a good day. If I take something that I want then its a great day.

That will be a good eatin deer. Better than tag soup my man.

Haha yeah well I really wants pissed just upset. It was my first time taking that gun out to hunt so the whole thing was new to me. But at least I got to kill the first deer with it. Well thats what dad told me lol.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Heck yea man any deer is a good deer. I went coyote hunting my a new AR and I had a fricken coyote walking straight towards me in my scope. Pulled the trigger and nothing. It was a hard primer but I was so flustered I didnt know what to do and the coyote spotted me.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
The One The Only

rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I hate taking a new gun out for the first time. Something always happens lol but oh well. Do you like the AR? I've heard good things about it.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Tacohead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhion82 View Post
Yeah I hate taking a new gun out for the first time. Something always happens lol but oh well. Do you like the AR? I've heard good things about it.
Yea I bought a Bushmaster Predator with a leupold scope on it. It drives tacks out to 200. Im sure its capable beyond that but I dont have many places to shoot farther.

I built a "tactical" one as well but decided I didnt need a $1200 range gun so I sold that.