Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

i took a year's lunch money, and i am buying a GLOCK 21!

Old 11-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i took a year's lunch money, and i am buying a GLOCK 21!

when our economy hit the turd pile..my wife got laid off. we had to re-think the way we think about money. i used to visit the ATM regularly, for "walking around money". it drove my wife crazy, as she balances and adjust the budget almost daily. so as an adult, i put myself on an allowance. i picked a reasonable amount, and pull it out of my paycheck on the 1st of every month. this is my "mad" money. frivilous lunches, crazy fun purchases..life cost still comes from house money. i got into the habit of taking leftovers for lunch, making my coffee in the morning and taking a thermos. i still have fun, but i skimmed a tiny bit of my $$ and squirrelled it away...HA! i just ordered a new GLOCK!

BRING ON THE UNDEAD!! i am ready, should the electricity shut off for good. 9mm for the wife to cover the back door, and i will plunk 45 thru the front..

i think the economy sucks..but if i had to pick a silver-lining, this crap will teach us how to think about money. except my house, i owe zero $$.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i did get the small frame model. my hands look like miniature manly hands..
Old 11-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the Federal HST in 230 grain. I also like the Speer Gold Dot rounds..they're bonded.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
I enjoy my 21. I have tritium night sights on it as well. Good gun.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

i think the economy sucks..but if i had to pick a silver-lining, this crap will teach us how to think about money. except my house, i owe zero $$.
That is great! Props to you
Old 11-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on all counts!! Just think how much money we would have if we did this when times are good and money is flowing. I try to do what you did all the time.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats, you can't own enough glocks
Old 11-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
first handgun purchase in cali too. what a joy !!

a friend of a friend..cool guy, he is selling it to me at cost. 10 day wait begins...

hoping my SWAT bro can get me a good deal on a gun mounted light.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Quote:
first handgun purchase in cali too. what a joy !!

a friend of a friend..cool guy, he is selling it to me at cost. 10 day wait begins...

hoping my SWAT bro can get me a good deal on a gun mounted light.

Ebay, Streamlight TLR-1..reliable LED light for around 85-95 bucks
Old 11-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats, i am getting ready to buy my first handgun in about 10 years. Been into rifles but i miss the handgun.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Nice choice man I'm picking up a G21 real soon.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Good job OP! Saving up money like that takes dedication...enjoy your purchase!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #13
the 10-day wait begins.......
Old 11-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the 10-day wait begins.......
dont you love the epic journey it takes to buy a hand gun in good old CA..?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #15
♥ Emergency Medicine
m0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: B.S, NREMT
m0nster986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
Ebay, Streamlight TLR-1..reliable LED light for around 85-95 bucks
Is this the one with the integrated LED and the laser sight? They sell for $200 elsewhere!?!?!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #16
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nster986 View Post
Is this the one with the integrated LED and the laser sight? They sell for $200 elsewhere!?!?!
That's the TLR-2..MSRP $279....TLR-1 MSRP $129
Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
dont you love the epic journey it takes to buy a hand gun in good old CA..?
damn I love SC

i walked into Palmetto State Armory on thursday to buy some pistol ammo and walked out with a pistol...no wait needed
Old 11-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #18
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
fuck you and fuck your states. Im leaving

EDIT: just kidding, congrats on the purchase
Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 21 for a long time and had to deal with the big frame, then out of heavan the 21 sf Thank you zeus!!!
I now have a 30 sf for carry to compliment my 21sf.
I really like the SFs for my small girly hands!!!!!

Thanks Gaston for making a frame to fit us small handed fellows!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #20
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
damn I love SC

i walked into Palmetto State Armory on thursday to buy some pistol ammo and walked out with a pistol...no wait needed
yeah, when i was stationed in texas i could do the same thing. but not here in CA. if you fast track it and the govt isn't lagging ass on paper work, it can still take almost a month to buy a pistol...