Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hunting tips!!

Old 08-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Hunting tips!!

I didnt see this thread anywhere else so i figure i would give members who hunt a place to talk about tips and tricks, also a place to ask questions and get them answered by others!!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Quote:
Originally Posted by branct06 View Post
I didnt see this thread anywhere else so i figure i would give members who hunt a place to talk about tips and tricks, also a place to ask questions and get them answered by others!!!!!
Don't hunt with Dick Cheney?? Haha, i know its old, but I had to go there.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
lol i have a few good tips, when walking to the stand in the morning have a mouth turkey call in ur mouth and while walking give it a few chucks and clucks, this way if you do pass the area a deer is in it will think its a turkey since they are used to them in the woods.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
I developed this great tip last season....
Before the evening hunt, fill up your Camelbak full of beer while still at camp. This prevents both the sound and subsequent hand to mouth movement of a can of beer opening whilst in the stand. The beer gets a little foamy on its way through the Camelbak straw, but college has taught me that this phenomenon just quickens the buzz.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatjoe592 View Post
Before the evening hunt, fill up your Camelbak full of beer while still at camp. This prevents both the sound and subsequent hand to mouth movement of a can of beer opening whilst in the stand. The beer gets a little foamy on its way through the Camelbak straw, but college has taught me that this phenomenon just quickens the buzz.
I'll have to try that!!
Old 08-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
here is one that works fairley decently. when heading to your stand in the dark, and if you are using a flashlight, its a good idea if you have access to one, to use a red lensed flashlight. they still put off plenty of light for you to see where you are going, but the color wont scare deer anywhere close to what that of a normal flashlight will.

also, for checking wind direction,especially for us bowhunters....its vital.........tie a few strands of thread around the area you hunt. this will tell you wind direction pretty good, but you wont have to worry about moving around and using one of these small squeeze bottles with the powder in them.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
heres a classic one. best advice youll ever get.... dont miss
Old 08-05-2008, 09:17 PM   #9
also for bow hunters u can tape the face of a digital watch to the inside of ur bow, no more moving to see what time it is or what time u killed ur deer, less movement = more deer
Old 08-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
97 Tacoma
Huggi is on a distinguished road
Huggi's Tacoma Gallery
do your duck hunting in arkansas
Old 08-06-2008, 01:02 AM   #11
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by branct06 View Post
lol thats a good idea i wonder if it works with jack and coke
Yeah, but thats more of a morning hunt drink. Keeps you warm inside.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:09 AM   #12
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatjoe592 View Post
thats enough reason to became a hunter for me
Old 08-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #13
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
make sure you are not afraid of heights should you hunt from a lock on stand like someone I know very well if you are, test drive your stand before you hunt, not the first night you get into it. not that it was me, anyway.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
cankel is on a distinguished road
cankel's Tacoma Gallery
if u kill something big and can take it to camp piss around it , it will keep other animals at bay for a while