Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Bushmaster Carbon 15 - New - Anyone have any comments or reviews?

Old 11-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
Black Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 6 years PA Army National Guard, 28th Infantry Division, 28th Signal Battalion
Name: Jeff
Black Sheep's Tacoma Gallery
Bushmaster Carbon 15 - New - Anyone have any comments or reviews?

I am looking at the new Bushmaster super-light carbon fiber ORC. I am wanting an AR15, but not sure about this new Bushmaster. Anyone have any experience with it? It is pretty new. I am not sure about the carbon fiber body and how it will hold up. Any info would be appreciated. By the way, I can get this for $700 with a bushnell red dot scope.

Any comments good or bad are welcome. The more info I can get will help me with my decision. I just want to basically use this for home defense and a little target shooting.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt trust my and my familys life with a bushmaster or a bushnell red dot. Both are low man on the totem pole when it comes to AR's and optics

for a plinking gun at the range it should be fine...

Used I assume?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. You can build a light AR for under a grand. I am leary about a carbon reciever, I would look at some other options before bushmaster, like LaRue, Noveske, DPMS, COLT,....Jump on to AR15.com and see waht the trends and reviews are like, or go to Tacticalyellowvisor.net (he's a member here, dunno his name) PackerfanXD is another good source. Cheers
Old 11-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RobS is his name I believe.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
pathyxd9 is on a distinguished road
Army: Wheeled Vehicle Mech. 91B
Name: Robert
pathyxd9's Tacoma Gallery
A regular bushmaster yes, Carbon lower no, I would trust mine and my family's life on my bushmaster. YMMV.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #6
Black Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 6 years PA Army National Guard, 28th Infantry Division, 28th Signal Battalion
Name: Jeff
Black Sheep's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I have not seen any good reviews on the Bushmaster Carbon 15. But, I have talked to some local law enforcement about the Bushmaster ORC with the aluminum receiver. I got a few good comments on that. I might just pick one of these up and put a good Eotech on it. For what I want it for, I think it will suffice.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
thenomad will become famous soon enoughthenomad will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Way
thenomad's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry but I disagree. Bushmaster has never failed me. I have had better luck with my bushmaster M4 over my colt M4.

Bushnell on the other hand, no way. I hate red dot sites other than reflex sites. I would either go with a trijicon acog or reflex. Eotech makes a good reflex also

I have this

http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_BCWA2F11-5.asp

minus the handguard, I threw on a pictanny rail system, surefure, and 37mm launcher. For now I have iron sights because I own with iron sights.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
Hogzilla is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Hogzilla's Tacoma Gallery
Go with a rock river. They have any setup you can imagine, plus they're great rifles
Old 12-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
You can probably achieve a similar weight at lower cost with a CAV-15 lower and buttstock. It's made of polymer (similar to a Glock). According to James Yeager it's very sturdy, able to withstand severe abuse as rental guns in his classes.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
JGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud of
JGJ's Tacoma Gallery
fyi - u can get them from Gander Mtn for $500 on their holiday sale. I'm sure you can find them elsewhere for this price also.

Not the best system but not bad at that price.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #11
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
the real bushmaster
Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #12
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyxd9 View Post
I would trust mine and my family's life on my bushmaster.
What he said.

I have never had a failure to fire with my Bushmaster that could not be traced back to being dirty from extended use without cleaning or a problem with a particular magazine which isn't the rifles fault.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #13

this thread is nearly a year old..
Old 10-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
As long as it has been revived from the dead, I'll throw my .02 in...

I had a carbon 15 for a few years and loved it. It looked weird without having a forward assist, but it never needed one.
It would gobble up the cheap Wolf ammo without any complaint, which my newer AR will not do.

My only complaint was at the time I got mine, they came with a flat rail on the receiver that was raised about an inch and was not removable. It was too tall for most optics IMO. Now they have a flat top with the rail flush on the receiver.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
So?