Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Bowhunting

Old 08-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #21
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacohunter View Post
I'm heading out with my Wild Horse Creek recurve (57lbs @ 28") Easton aluminum 2020's and 125 gr. Magnus Stinger BuzzCuts.

All of my hunting will be done here in Kansas this fall. I saw a couple of bruisers last year that never got within range of a dart... hopefully they survived the noisy season and will be around again this year.

Already in training with some weight lifting and lots of shooting. I'll be setting up trail cams and such starting next month. I think we need to start a trail cam thread if there isn't one already.
You've some real bruisers in KS. I hunt turkeys down there and my friend has some 170's and 180's on his wall. My cams will be set this weekend. A thread is a good idea when we have some pics.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #22
tacohunter will become famous soon enoughtacohunter will become famous soon enough

tacohunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelg View Post
You've some real bruisers in KS. I hunt turkeys down there and my friend has some 170's and 180's on his wall. My cams will be set this weekend. A thread is a good idea when we have some pics.

Whereabouts do you do your turkey hunting here? The season this year was scattered depending on where you where... either feast or famine from lots of guys I spoke with.

Your buddy must have a real sweet spot somewhere to be tagging those numbers!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #23
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacohunter View Post
Whereabouts do you do your turkey hunting here? The season this year was scattered depending on where you where... either feast or famine from lots of guys I spoke with.

Your buddy must have a real sweet spot somewhere to be tagging those numbers!
We hunt in the Altoona area. Good turkey, coyote and deer. I didn't make it this year. I hear there were a lot of birds there this year.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 AM   #24
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
... be sure to post pics of your game!!!
Hey Will, I've applied for membership at PETA. If accepted, all these hunting threads will be closed . I can't wait for the mail to arrive.

Ease up on Bambi. Focus on a turkey instead. Now, there's something that needs to die.

Will, did you know that we have a major league idiot here at TW who used a bow and arrow to hang Xmas lights last Christmas? Now there's efficient use of a bow. Yes, you know him , unfortunately. Anyway, back to the turkeys. Keep your finger on the trigger. I'll buy the beer.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:38 AM   #25
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
hey everybody, i'll be hittin' the field in a few weeks looking for the elusive monster that escaped me last year. i'm in kentucky and i'm shooting a Hoyt V-Tech.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #26
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudduck View Post
hey everybody, i'll be hittin' the field in a few weeks looking for the elusive monster that escaped me last year. i'm in kentucky and i'm shooting a Hoyt V-Tech.
good luck with your season man!!! hope you get a chance at the big 'un again!!!! post pics of whatever you end up with!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #27
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Hey Will, I've applied for membership at PETA. If accepted, all these hunting threads will be closed . I can't wait for the mail to arrive.

Ease up on Bambi. Focus on a turkey instead. Now, there's something that needs to die.

Will, did you know that we have a major league idiot here at TW who used a bow and arrow to hang Xmas lights last Christmas? Now there's efficient use of a bow. Yes, you know him , unfortunately. Anyway, back to the turkeys. Keep your finger on the trigger. I'll buy the beer.
go ahead and join peta man........we all have too..............we are members of "people eating tasty animals"!!!!! you can gladly join us.......way better than that retarded northern alliance, and best decision you ever made!!!!

and didnt you know........using a bow to hang lights is the correct way to hang em'!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #28
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
I will be going out here soon enough ( the season starts in TWO days here) but only if the weather cooperates. I am very fortunate to have a couple places to go, they are small areas, but it will be someplace nonetheless. If I am really lucky, and really nice, tacomaman06 might let me hunt at his place. Unlike tacomaman06 I shoot a real bow, a bowtech equalizer with beman ics 400's and muzzy 100 three and four blades. I am going to give the rage broadheads a go this year, two blade 100 grains, I hear the holes made in some animals are about two inches, good for me, bad for the deer.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckinsc View Post
I will be going out here soon enough ( the season starts in TWO days here) but only if the weather cooperates. I am very fortunate to have a couple places to go, they are small areas, but it will be someplace nonetheless. If I am really lucky, and really nice, tacomaman06 might let me hunt at his place. Unlike tacomaman06 I shoot a real bow, a bowtech equalizer with beman ics 400's and muzzy 100 three and four blades. I am going to give the rage broadheads a go this year, two blade 100 grains, I hear the holes made in some animals are about two inches, good for me, bad for the deer.
yep......you can hunt here, but pse is gonna hand ya your ass!!!! cant wait to find out how the rage broad heads work.......look like a very nice mechanical!!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #31

Quote:
PSE, what does that stand for again? oh yeah, Piece of S*#$t Equipment??? that's right.
keep on dreaming man!! hell.......you used to shoot one too!!! dont be a hater!!! all tha trash talk from you....gonna show ya up man!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #33

Quote:
yeah, I know I used to shoot PSE....what was I thinking? apparently had a lapse in judgement.
nah....lapse in judgment was when you went with the bowtech!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #35

Quote:
this could go on, but nah, not gonna do it, gonna take it easy on you....BOWTECH, enough said. that is all I am gonna say
we'll see!!! im just about ready for the season to start.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #36

nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Boys,boys,boys, be nice. Here's what a REAL bow looks like;

Old 08-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelg View Post
Boys,boys,boys, be nice. Here's what a REAL bow looks like;

that is a sweet recurve man!!! when i get the one from my Dad's, im definitely gonna post it!!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #39

Quote:
sir, that is a sweet recurve, and no compound would even hold a candle to that as far as craftsmanship goes, not even a bowtech!!!
finally......you say something that is right on!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #40

nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the compliments. It's really a longbow. I built it for my son a few years ago. It has some good mojo, the trim is from elk antler taken on one of our trips.