1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bowhunting

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by nagelg, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Aug 13, 2008 at 8:40 PM
    tacohunter

tacohunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Skull/barbed wire seat covers, rubber mat bed liner, heavy floor mats, lund lo-profile bug shield

I've been there... actually met Ted Nugent there once. He was hunting a little outfitting camp there with his son.

There's some really good ground in that area for deer, turkey, and quail. Sorry to hear you didn't make it this year. I'm sure there are plenty left for next season... Come on back when ya can!

2. Aug 13, 2008 at 8:43 PM
    tacohunter

Member:
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Skull/barbed wire seat covers, rubber mat bed liner, heavy floor mats, lund lo-profile bug shield
    Not to hijack the thread or anything... but if there are any taco brethren going to be in or around the Kansas City area next weekend (8-22 thru 8-24) come by the World Predator and Hunting Expo at the Overland Park Convention Center and say hello.

I'll be manning the Shaman Camo booth all weekend and would welcome a visit if anyone out there will be in the neighborhood. Come check out the camo and say hello! http://www.shamancamo.com

3. Aug 14, 2008 at 8:34 AM
    nagelg

nagelg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    I like that camo. Nice stuff. Is the quality of the garments pretty good?

4. Aug 14, 2008 at 9:21 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i too like the shaman camo!!! very cool stuff, and i believe that it will blend very well in a variety of surroundings. im gonna get some one day.....gotta save up for what i want.

was also thinking about getting some rubber boots, so i can use my heavy, warm irish setters when it gets cold, but i dont know. i love the grip on the setters, but i may just opt for some light tennis shoe type camo boots/shoes for the early season. i have seen some decent ones at bass pro....but i have seen some at wal mart too........herman survivors in camo, and they are waterproof, and they are made like a tennis shoe....very light. may get those.

5. Aug 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    oh, I thought you are getting the rubber boots to walk in all that scat you were talking!!!:D:D:D:D:D

6. Aug 14, 2008 at 11:48 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    :D......that was pretty good!!!

7. Aug 14, 2008 at 11:49 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    is that the best you can do???:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. Aug 14, 2008 at 11:55 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    nah, but im not gonna derail this thread like all the others that we derail:D. this one is gonna be a long one by the time the season is over for everyone.

9. Aug 15, 2008 at 7:47 PM
    tacohunter

Member:
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner

Our main manufacturer right now is Clarkfield Outdoors... they've been in the business for many years and stand behind the product.

Insulated or non-insulated, it's good stuff. Being a young company, we can't offer a wide variety of materials, so it's pretty basic right now, but I think if you try it you'll be impressed with the effectiveness of the patterns.

John Church of High Country TV has been wearing it for several years on his show... he's never been picked off while wearing our camo... and that's against turkeys, deer, elk, bear, and wild hogs.

10. Aug 15, 2008 at 7:56 PM
    01TacoTRD

01TacoTRD Carolina Alliance: Quack Addict

Member:
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma TRD 5 spd. 3.4 ltr white
    PSE Thunderbolt with PSE Carbon Force Arrows. 100 gr. Muzzys to go along with it. Although I will be shooting geese instead of deer, i might still get some time to shoot one during pre-rut.

11. Aug 15, 2008 at 8:10 PM
    01TacoTRD

01TacoTRD Carolina Alliance: Quack Addict

Member:
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma TRD 5 spd. 3.4 ltr white
    old deer.jpg

Cant call this a bowkill though, more like a 7mm kill :cool:

12. Aug 15, 2008 at 9:31 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    damn nice buck, bro!!! if i dont get one with my bow this year.....hopefully.......my rem. 7400 .270 will put some meat in the freezer!!

13. Aug 16, 2008 at 9:49 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    a dead deer's a good deer, that's how I roll:D:D:D:D

14. Aug 16, 2008 at 9:53 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    my wife got me this thing called the "bow-fit" for my birthday.........and its really cool. it helps keep the muscles you use in bowhunting, for pulling the bow and all, in good condition, and its a great warm up for before you hit the woods and all too. i recommend it, especially if you get limited time to shoot, or if you have injuries that prevent using your bow(well.....anything for that matter, shoulder and back-wise)....really a good product. here is a link to what it is.......

http://www.bowfit.com/index.html

15. Aug 17, 2008 at 5:19 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    ok, checked out the website, there is not a snowball's chance in hell that anyone in their right mind is gonna be like buddy in the picture with his bow in his lap and the bowfit pulled back, yeah, like that's gonna happen. :D:D:D:D

16. Aug 17, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele

17. Aug 17, 2008 at 8:36 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

18. Aug 20, 2008 at 1:25 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    going to throw this off base for the bowhunters, went to hang some stands (southern Indiana) counted 18 does and 7 bucks. Two of the bucks would rate in the 140's 150's class, the largest of them had around a 5 inch drop tine on the left side.

Yes I know "need pic's" and thread is worthless with out pic's, but I have not found or replaced my last camera since my outing in the mud. Wife also isn't to happy that i'm spending money so early before the season starts, like I am going to wait a day before:cool:

19. Aug 20, 2008 at 6:00 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    sounds like some prime property man!! we put out some salt block and stuff the other day.....next day i went in just to take a look around........one of the blocks that i buried in the ground and covered with buck jam was dug up, and there were some big doe prints in the dirt/mud. im hoping they come thru like they did last year!!!

20. Aug 20, 2008 at 6:06 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    i have a bow

[​IMG]

i think the string goes all the way around, is fiberglass for left handed..... i dont have any arrows though, we destroyed them when kids....

Products Discussed in

To Top