Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Bowhunting

Old 10-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #101
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
So I think I have decided to go with the Bear Archery Lights Out RTS Bow Package. What do you guys think? What target are you guys shooting for practice? I'm so excited!
We have 40 Reinharts on our 3-D course that stay out year round. 4 years old and doing very well.
Drawback is they can get expensive.......we don't drive cheap trucks though so you can appreciate the saying...you get what you pay for.
http://www.rinehart3d.com/
Old 10-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #102
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
We have 40 Reinharts on our 3-D course that stay out year round. 4 years old and doing very well.
Drawback is they can get expensive.......we don't drive cheap trucks though so you can appreciate the saying...you get what you pay for.
http://www.rinehart3d.com/
im using the 18 in 1 and i absolutely love that target!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #103
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
im using the 18 in 1 and i absolutely love that target!!!
yeah Will, we don't have one of those but have heard great things about it!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #104
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah Will, we don't have one of those but have heard great things about it!
well, im just saying basically that any of the targets that rinehart makes are superior to other targets. i thought about a block4x4, but after looking at the quality between the 2, it was definitely rinehart!!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
well, im just saying basically that any of the targets that rinehart makes are superior to other targets. i thought about a block4x4, but after looking at the quality between the 2, it was definitely rinehart!!
I completely agree. Even in very cold weather they seem to be fairly plyable.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #106

Quote:
I completely agree. Even in very cold weather they seem to be fairly plyable.
yeah, and the foam is way better than that on the block targets and those goofy filled bag type targets.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #107
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
That 18 in 1 seems like the way to go. I need to do a lot of practicing so I can get out there next year.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #108

Quote:
That 18 in 1 seems like the way to go. I need to do a lot of practicing so I can get out there next year.
i highly recommend the 18 in 1!!!! very worth it!!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #109
Quote:
Remember that if you are just beginning in archery that the 3-D targets can be beneficial in your practice. Don't rule one of those out if you can wing it.
A co-worker just got his first 3-D deer target and said he wishes he had bought one a long time ago. He put two out his 2nd floor deck and practices as if he is in a tree stand. 1 arrow per target per night during the whole month of September leading up to season.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #111
Quote:
Originally Posted by branct06 View Post
im going out into the woods tomorrow or saturday, prob only saturday and ill see what happens
have fun....shoot straight!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #112
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
will do man but im not sure if ill even see anything, the place im hunting is about 20 minutes from my university and its only 20 acres, its my buddies house and he said hes seen a couple of deer walking around the yard, when i went into the woods to check out where they had a stand i couldnt see any signs of deer, there was one deer trail i found but i didnt seem too well traveled
Old 10-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by branct06 View Post
will do man but im not sure if ill even see anything, the place im hunting is about 20 minutes from my university and its only 20 acres, its my buddies house and he said hes seen a couple of deer walking around the yard, when i went into the woods to check out where they had a stand i couldnt see any signs of deer, there was one deer trail i found but i didnt seem too well traveled
never know man...........should be at least some does come thru. i hunt on a couple of different places.......one place i hunt is 2.5 acres, one place is 12 acres.........deer come thru alot. you may get lucky and see ol big horns come thru!!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #114

let me also add that canuckinsc was the one who told me about the rinehart target.

happy canuckinsc???
Old 10-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckinsc View Post
on a serious note. the rinehart targets at our 3d course have held up well over the years. the price hurts at first, but hey, you get what you pay for. right will?
very true!!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #118
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
ya i know what u mean man well its 3 in the morning and i have to be up in 2 hrs to hunt ill let yall know how it goes
Old 10-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #119

Unhappy

well........i did a bad thing today, and it upset me pretty bad...when it happened, my stomach was in knots. my buddy came over and was looking at my dad's recurve. i went to put the string on and the top limp popped and came apart. i cant believe i killed my fathers bow. thats the last thing i wanted to happen. if i can even get close to geting it repaired, its staying in the closet. cant believe this shit!