Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Did I do good? Ordered a SOG trigent knife

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rich
streetdriven's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to streetdriven Send a message via Yahoo to streetdriven
Did I do good? Ordered a SOG trigent knife

http://sogknives.com/store/TF-1.html

I got it on amazon.com for $54 shipped I wanted something I can use fishing and for daily use. I really like the cut out on the handle to cut line without opening the blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyJ1kjl6MGU?fs=1
Old 01-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
toytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant future
Name: Jason
toytacoma22's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a nice blade
Old 01-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
I know nothing about knifes I asked my brother in law and he really liked SOG so after looking on Cabelas.com I found the one I liked. Well its $98 on Cabelas but Amazon had it way cheaper with free shipping
Old 01-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
Tampa OG
http://www.amazon.com/SOG-Specialty-...3936700&sr=1-1
Old 01-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
I <3 Taco's
YeahBoyyy is on a distinguished road

YeahBoyyy's Tacoma Gallery
That's a sweet knife.. Not to get off topic, but what kind of lift is on your truck? It looks really nice.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the SOG Flash II. I love it so far.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
Tampa OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahBoyyy View Post
That's a sweet knife.. Not to get off topic, but what kind of lift is on your truck? It looks really nice.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

installed myself its cake but I pretty soon I am going with a spindle lift truck has a little bit of float in the front end
Old 01-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
I <3 Taco's
YeahBoyyy is on a distinguished road

YeahBoyyy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdriven View Post
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

installed myself its cake but I pretty soon I am going with a spindle lift truck has a little bit of float in the front end
Spindle lifts are bad ass.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #10
Wv countryboy is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
Wv countryboy's Tacoma Gallery
great knife i carry the same one everyday
Old 01-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
EH. They're ok and maybe the Tridents are a higher quality. My Seal Pup doesn't hold an edge for shit. It's decent though and not bad to have around. I prefer a Cold Steel Recon. The old ones were amazing (which I have) but they redesigned them so I can't speak for the new ones. If they're anything like the old though (weight and sharpness/ability to hold an edge) then I would go with that
Old 01-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #12
sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has
rhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
rhodehard09's Tacoma Gallery
yeah its all in the steel of the blade. i have a sog mini xray vision, ive had it for a few years now and it holds an edge real good. i abuse the shit out of it, honestly.
i think with sog you really get what you pay for. if you look at their knives on their site, you can see the quality of the steel coincides with the prices of their knives.

something else that makes a noteable difference in the quality of their knives is the country in which they are made
china= crap quality
japan= high quality
assembled in usa= questionable quality
Old 01-02-2011, 02:29 AM   #13
JoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired MSgt
Name: Whip
JoePa Fan's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm going to order one also. Looks like a great knife.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #14
Tampa OG
I should get it by Monday if I cut my finger off I will know its a good and sharp knife lol
Old 01-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #15
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
I cut up a 700 lb bull elk in 2004 ... The sog never quit- these knives are well worth the $ and are reasonably priced!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #16
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
I have the SOG Twitch, and have had other SOG blades ... I'm pretty impressed with their edge holding for the upper end knives. Much better than the CRKTs I used to carry.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #17
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
I just got the SOG Flash II. I love it so far.
Got one last Christmas...been in my pocket every day since.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #18
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
theyre folding blade, mainly the on you ordered are decent medium quality blades. They loose their edge quicker than other brands and are hard to sharpen. SOG's str8 blades are pure crap so shy away from them. For what you described the intended uses you should be pleased with the knife at that prics. I climb and kayak alot and want a blade that is a razor even after weeks in snow and water. I swear by bench made. But that is another 200 bucks. You did ok for that price
Old 01-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #19
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
I have a SOG twitch ii (one of my brother in laws calls it "white boy switch blade"), had for about three years. Quality blade.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #20
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool, but to me it looks pretty big for an every day knife.

I have had a CRT KISS in my pocket for the last 5 years and love it. Might be time to get another...
http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CB8Q8wIwAA#

Products Discussed in this Thread