Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Conceal Carry: Situations you've been in

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Conceal Carry: Situations you've been in

Hey Gang,

For those of you who conceal carry on a regular basis - have you been in any situations that you had to get your weapon out or use it?

Or ..have you been in situations where you considered getting it out and/or showing it?

I don't carry.... but I could, as I have a permit. My husband and I are looking to taking professional classes first & foremost before we consider carrying. Home defense, conceal carry classes, etc. Just curious to see what types of situations you've all been in.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing is that I accidentally carried mine into our courthouse once... only time I have ever had a gun pulled on me. Found out later the officer was fired because of being mentally unstable. He shouldn't have been able to pull his weapon for I never pulled mine.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Only thing is that I accidentally carried mine into our courthouse once... only time I have ever had a gun pulled on me. Found out later the officer was fired because of being mentally unstable. He shouldn't have been able to pull his weapon for I never pulled mine.
Not at all true. As a LEO-I am not going to WAIT for you to try to get a gun out before I get mine out if I know you have one.
You are lucky you didn't lose your license...Courthouses are protected nearly everywhere and "Ooops-I forgot" doesn't usually get much mileage with things like CCW.

Thread subbed. I'm glad I have it every day cause you never know. But I'm also glad I've never had to use or consider using it.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
subb'd
hey, pass that over here
Old 01-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
careful he probably cut a hole in the bottom of that popcorn bucket!

I have a CCW and luckily haven't needed to even think about using my weapon.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I carry almost all the time, I have not needed to show it. I am however glad to have that option should I need it.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, I only carry in my rigs or on the ATV.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
I conceal carry EVERYWHERE i go. (except illegal places)

and BTW...if you "show" or "Brandish" (your gun at least in VA) it is illegal.

the only time you are supposedly allowed to draw is when you are being shot at. "legally"

and i say these things in quotes because it is the "law"
Old 01-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #9
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Never needed it, and hope to keep it that way. But it's there.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
I carry daily, and I pray that none of us ever have anything to contribute to this thread. That said, I will continue to carry until it's made illegal.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
jimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant future

Navy: AC3 got out in '99
jimmyzshack's Tacoma Gallery
I have a CC, this is a little off subject but they need to fix these "gun free zones." they way it stands now it is a felony to go from your front door until you get into your car.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
I conceal carry EVERYWHERE i go. (except illegal places)

and BTW...if you "show" or "Brandish" (your gun at least in VA) it is illegal.

the only time you are supposedly allowed to draw is when you are being shot at. "legally"

and i say these things in quotes because it is the "law"
Haha "quotes".

Don't have ccw but I did pull the trigger on a 12g during an attempted robbery in our back yard....shit at the dirt to scare them away as they were still trying to cut the lock off of the gate near the alley.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #14
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Huh??
Double Huh?
Old 01-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #15
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Haha "quotes".

Don't have ccw but I did pull the trigger on a 12g during an attempted robbery in our back yard....shit at the dirt to scare them away as they were still trying to cut the lock off of the gate near the alley.
poop missles huh?
Old 01-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
poop missles huh?
Lmao. *SHOT.

stupid swype texting.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #18
jimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant future

Navy: AC3 got out in '99
jimmyzshack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Huh??
gun free zones are 1000ft from any school or church think about how many there are in the big easy lol. so if you step out your car carring and you happen to be in a zone it is a felony.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #19
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
He's got me scared and I'm like 2000 miles away!!!
If you ever get hit by a shit scud remember me haha.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #20
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Haha "quotes".

Just fyi, "warning shots" are very illegal almost everywhere.

Products Discussed in this Thread