Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

conceal carry..to get or not?

Old 01-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
conceal carry..to get or not?

Im possibly going to a outdoor show next month thats offering a 3hour conceald carry class..They give you a lecture and paperwork, everything to get your license, when your done all you have to do is drop the stuff in the mail and pay a small fee for the state of iowa to send you out the certificate, since the show cant process those fees. Its $73 for the class, or $85 total and that grants you access to the rest of the show. They are vaild in over 30 states, but not my home state. Does it sound worth it? This show is also like a 3 hour ride from my house each way
Old 01-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
paulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Name: paul
paulm09tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
your better off taking a class close to home. plus if you live in iowa get an iowa certificate.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
Its up to you whether you want whats owed to you (for a small fee) or not. You as an American deserve the right to carry a weapon concealed during these turbulent times. But I dont think its worth it if you don't live there. Get your own states first then if you see use for other states go take the class and get it. BTW gun stores around here sell a gun and comes with a free concealed carry license class. To me $85 plus 6 hours of gas for the class that doesn't give you your license where you live seems pricey.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC NJ is like NY - a CC is pretty much impossible to get.

It would depend on how often you travel outside of your state to a state that is carry friendly and covered by this Iowa permit. Most of the states that do not support concealed carry are in the northeast.

Have you looked into the Florida and Utah non-resident permits?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
gusotto
gusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: 3rd class Sonar Tech. Surface (STG3)
Name: Gary
gusotto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Im possibly going to a outdoor show next month thats offering a 3hour conceald carry class..They give you a lecture and paperwork, everything to get your license, when your done all you have to do is drop the stuff in the mail and pay a small fee for the state of iowa to send you out the certificate, since the show cant process those fees. Its $73 for the class, or $85 total and that grants you access to the rest of the show. They are vaild in over 30 states, but not my home state. Does it sound worth it? This show is also like a 3 hour ride from my house each way
A non-resident of Iowa cannot get an non-professional permit.
A non-resident can apply for a professional permit, provided their job requires carrying a weapon.

www.dps.state.ia.us/asd/SF2379_FAQ.pdf
Old 01-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Not good where you live it's a pain in the ass and could end up getting you in a world of trouble!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusotto View Post
A non-resident of Iowa cannot get an non-professional permit.
A non-resident can apply for a professional permit, provided their job requires carrying a weapon.

www.dps.state.ia.us/asd/SF2379_FAQ.pdf
This is probably what my post would have looked like...so I'm glad someone else posted it.

If you can't carry where you live...What is the point??
Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
if you have a hunters education certificate from your state or the nra or a handgun safety course etc. etc. you can request a packet from florida's dept of ag and submit your finger prints and a copy of the training to florida along with 117$ and you will receive a Florida CCW iirc they have reciprocity with about 34 other states

i just sent off for my florida permit so i can get reciprocity with Virginia and Delaware in case i drive to philly this year
Old 01-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #11
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
move to Texas.....Down here there is a certain comfort in knowing that if a jackass tries to rob someone, theres several CHL packing good citizens near by more than willing to assist.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
this permit is good for 30 plus states, I think its closer to 40 actually. NJ I cant get a CC for the hell of it, you need a vaild reason. I travel out of state now and then, but it would be nice to know I have it if I need it. Even if I cant carry in my own state, I figured it would be good to have it.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #13
gusotto
gusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gusotto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
this permit is good for 30 plus states, I think its closer to 40 actually. NJ I cant get a CC for the hell of it, you need a vaild reason. I travel out of state now and then, but it would be nice to know I have it if I need it. Even if I cant carry in my own state, I figured it would be good to have it.
If you want to see what states honor other CCW permits, go to www.handgunlaw.us
Then click on "Create License Map"

You can quickly see who will honor your permit.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #14
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusotto View Post
If you want to see what states honor other CCW permits, go to www.handgunlaw.us
Then click on "Create License Map"

You can quickly see who will honor your permit.
Thanks for posting that link
Old 01-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #15
gusotto
gusotto's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it's a very informative link.
Thanks for the "Atta Boy."
Old 01-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #16
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
DEFINATELY get yourself familiar with your local conceal carry laws.

I wouldn't apply for anything unless its local or you have an FULL understanding of the system (so to speak).

Here in PA, you can go to the courthouse...have your CC license in a matter of 10 minutes (depending on how many people are in line ahead of you).
This is a neat site also.
http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/reciprocity.php