Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Take a look at this waterfowl hunters!

Old 01-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at this waterfowl hunters!

Went goose hunting today, And man what a hunt we limited and I only managed to take pics of my favorite geese. I have gone out 26 times so far this year and this flock was our 200th bird flock! luckily 3 of the birds were sporting leg bands and 2 of them were sporting neck collars! I have been hunting geese hard for 11 years now and these are my first banded geese. Im so excited I can't stand it

Old 01-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. I went out with a buddy on friday for duck. Didnt get any, but saw about 300+ geese fly over. Also saw some nice deer, elk and javalina on the side of the river.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
Awesome. I went out with a buddy on friday for duck. Didnt get any, but saw about 300+ geese fly over. Also saw some nice deer, elk and javalina on the side of the river.
Sweet i've never seen a javalina. But I can tell you what I was about ready to crap myself when my dog came running back with that neck collar dangeling haha
Old 01-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Nice birds OP
Old 01-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats, did you call in your tag numbers and get the info on your birds?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Congrats, did you call in your tag numbers and get the info on your birds?
Not yet, gonna call them in today tho
Old 01-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
Banded birds are awesome. My dad got a greenhead a couple years back that had a $100 reward leg band!!

Nice geese! What are you shooting>
Old 01-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice let us know how old and how far they traveled before you got them!!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzak88 View Post
Banded birds are awesome. My dad got a greenhead a couple years back that had a $100 reward leg band!!

Nice geese! What are you shooting>
That's awesome, my only other band was a drake wood duck. I shoot a benelli nova also.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Very nice let us know how old and how far they traveled before you got them!!
Just called in, said it will take 2-3 weeks to process
Old 01-18-2011, 05:25 AM   #12
tacoeater will become famous soon enoughtacoeater will become famous soon enough
Name: Johnny
tacoeater's Tacoma Gallery
Thats sweet! Keep us posted on where they came from.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:27 PM   #13

Got the papers in today they all came from Washington and were banded two years ago and they traveled around 120 miles. Very cool in my opinion and definently a hunt that I will never forget.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #14
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i've never hit a banded migratory bird.

awesome. good picture too!
my friend shot a goose, and i think it was banded in russia. those birds are amazing marathoners.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #15
IrishAmerican is on a distinguished road

IrishAmerican's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. We don't get any of those where I hunt in South Louisiana but we have been getting alot of snows, blues, and speckled bellies. Killed 6 banded ducks this year, 4 green heads and 2 wood ducks. Its been a very good year down here but now its almost time to start fishing.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #16
trowlan1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
trowlan1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishAmerican View Post
Nice. We don't get any of those where I hunt in South Louisiana but we have been getting alot of snows, blues, and speckled bellies. Killed 6 banded ducks this year, 4 green heads and 2 wood ducks. Its been a very good year down here but now its almost time to start fishing.
I'm looking at setting up a hunt down yalls way next December, any advice/hotspots? Anywhere to avoid?