1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bushnell® Trophy TRS-25 Red-Dot Sight is that good sight

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by BlueT, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jan 26, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    BlueT

BlueT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Sorry I am newb when it comes to guns.
    I got chance to shoot some sabot slugs and I have to say that was insane experience. One problem, Mr Mossberg kicks back like a tank cannon so I would like to be able to target with out having my face too close to the gun in fear of need for dental work.
    Cabelas have sale on TRS-25, do you know if that sight is anygood? I would like to get something that works with quicker targeting. (not a rifle scope)

http://www.cabelas.com/tactical-optics-bushnell-trophy-trs-25-red-dot-sight-1.shtml
    [​IMG]

2. Jan 26, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm thinking of getting a few red dot's for my twins turkey guns. I'm curious what people have to say about this one too. Looks like a good sale.

3. Feb 2, 2011 at 1:37 AM
    only_K

only_K Future Owner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    Currently searching for dream truck...
    TBD
  4. Feb 2, 2011 at 3:14 AM
    GearBox

GearBox I hate Commie Libs!

Member:
    First Name:
    Gear
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I think it depends on how much you want to spend. From my experience, anything having to do with firearms, you get what you pay for. If you want to buy an optic and never have to worry about it again I would go with a eotech or aimpoint. Both allow for very quick target acquisition and would be able to handle the recoil of your shotgun.

Again this is just my experience and these might be way out of your price range when comparing it to the TRS-25

www.[B]eotech[/B]-inc.com

www.[B]aimpoint[/B].com

It looks like the TRS-25 gets good reviews... If you get this one let me know how it works out.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews...eries-riflescope-trs-25-red-dot-731303-2.html

5. Feb 2, 2011 at 3:17 AM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    x2, I have several "weapons" that the glass on them costs more than the weapon itself. My favorite is def the ACOGs (I own Aimpoints, EOtechs, ACOGS, and Leupold Mark IV Tacticals). Save up the money and find a deal on them.

6. May 2, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    BlueT

BlueT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Update:
    Ok so I got that Bushnell and mounted on my 535. Hardest part was finding mounting base.
    I also got chance to shoot clay targets with it and I have to say it takes few minutes to get used but red dot is right on the spot. I was shooting mid day with targets going towards the sun so it was hard. I set the red dot to 11 and still was able to see red dot even when looking directly towards the sun.
    Used 100 rounds and everything stayed in place no problems so I am actually very happy with that red dot. Only drawback is that its small so I had to follow target with eye then try to match it and find in red dot. Would be nice if unit was little bigger. Unless I bought hand gun version or something because mine is tiny.
    :notsure:

7. May 2, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    only_K

only_K Future Owner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    Currently searching for dream truck...
    TBD
    Red dots are supposed to be used with both eyes open. The dot is supposed to act as an extension so to say of your eye to help you aim.

Products Discussed in

To Top