Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Bushnell® Trophy TRS-25 Red-Dot Sight is that good sight

Old 01-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Bushnell® Trophy TRS-25 Red-Dot Sight is that good sight

Sorry I am newb when it comes to guns.
I got chance to shoot some sabot slugs and I have to say that was insane experience. One problem, Mr Mossberg kicks back like a tank cannon so I would like to be able to target with out having my face too close to the gun in fear of need for dental work.
Cabelas have sale on TRS-25, do you know if that sight is anygood? I would like to get something that works with quicker targeting. (not a rifle scope)

http://www.cabelas.com/tactical-opti...-sight-1.shtml
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of getting a few red dot's for my twins turkey guns. I'm curious what people have to say about this one too. Looks like a good sale.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLOd1jHz8E
Old 02-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #4
I hate Commie Libs!
GearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gear
GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
I think it depends on how much you want to spend. From my experience, anything having to do with firearms, you get what you pay for. If you want to buy an optic and never have to worry about it again I would go with a eotech or aimpoint. Both allow for very quick target acquisition and would be able to handle the recoil of your shotgun.

Again this is just my experience and these might be way out of your price range when comparing it to the TRS-25

www.eotech-inc.com

www.aimpoint.com

It looks like the TRS-25 gets good reviews... If you get this one let me know how it works out.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews/...-731303-2.html
Old 02-02-2011, 03:17 AM   #5
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBox View Post
I think it depends on how much you want to spend. From my experience, anything having to do with firearms, you get what you pay for. If you want to buy an optic and never have to worry about it again I would go with a eotech or aimpoint. Both allow for very quick target acquisition and would be able to handle the recoil of your shotgun.

Again this is just my experience and these might be way out of your price range when comparing it to the TRS-25

www.eotech-inc.com

www.aimpoint.com

It looks like the TRS-25 gets good reviews... If you get this one let me know how it works out.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews/...-731303-2.html
x2, I have several "weapons" that the glass on them costs more than the weapon itself. My favorite is def the ACOGs (I own Aimpoints, EOtechs, ACOGS, and Leupold Mark IV Tacticals). Save up the money and find a deal on them.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Update:
Ok so I got that Bushnell and mounted on my 535. Hardest part was finding mounting base.
I also got chance to shoot clay targets with it and I have to say it takes few minutes to get used but red dot is right on the spot. I was shooting mid day with targets going towards the sun so it was hard. I set the red dot to 11 and still was able to see red dot even when looking directly towards the sun.
Used 100 rounds and everything stayed in place no problems so I am actually very happy with that red dot. Only drawback is that its small so I had to follow target with eye then try to match it and find in red dot. Would be nice if unit was little bigger. Unless I bought hand gun version or something because mine is tiny.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Red dots are supposed to be used with both eyes open. The dot is supposed to act as an extension so to say of your eye to help you aim.