Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Lost my hunting buddy...

Old 08-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
tacohunter will become famous soon enoughtacohunter will become famous soon enough

tacohunter's Tacoma Gallery
Lost my hunting buddy...

This may sound campy... but I don't care... So here goes...

Last weekend I had to put my hunting buddy down. She was my best buddy and unconditional best friend. She retrieved her first Kansas pheasant at 10 months old and was always ready for more after that.

She was by my side for 14 years, and now the house feels empty... and what really sucks is so do I. Her name was Shasta... a black lab with more character than most people I work with every day, and some of those I hang out with every weekend.

I'm trying to start looking for a new pup... or perhaps an older started dog with potential... but we all know that they can never replace what's been lost.

I know I'm not alone out here... but this hurts and sucks and I miss her.

I don't really know why I'm posting it here... other than anyone looking is a hunter and can relate on some level.

I'm tipping a few back in her honor tonight... you all can join me if you like. Here's to good dogs everywhere, and I hope they all go to Heaven... cause if they don't... I don't want to go either.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear about your hunting buddy my friend!!! its really tough losing a pet!!! they are a bonafied member of the family!!! just remember all the great hunts you had with her and all the time she was your companion.........guaranteed she never complained about anything or wanted for anything either!!

here's to shasta, my friend!!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
tacohunter will become famous soon enoughtacohunter will become famous soon enough

Thanks, Will.

I figured if anyone out there would find this one... you would.

I appreciate the kind words. I'll always remember the hunts and good times.

And thanks for the toast... I raised a glass back to ya.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #5

Thanks, chris4x4...

Looks like you have a lab of your own, by the avatar.

I appreciate the chime-in. It's hard to let them go.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:12 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacohunter View Post
Thanks, chris4x4...

Looks like you have a lab of your own, by the avatar.

I appreciate the chime-in. It's hard to let them go.
It is, my friend. My heart goes out to ya. She is still with ya, though.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:01 PM   #7
Senior Citizen
Oscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of light

Oscar 319's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

My condolences. A good lab is hard to beat. They are best damned dogs. Get you a new pup in her memory.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:01 PM   #8
slooowr6 is on a distinguished road
slooowr6's Tacoma Gallery
So sorry for you lost. She is lucky to have you for 14 years.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i know how it feels to put down your companion man.... im very sorry....
Old 08-30-2008, 12:36 AM   #11
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I know how you feel, I had to put my best friend down, although he was not a hunter ( English Springer spaniel ) he was as you say better than most humans we deal with on an everyday basis. I am lost without him, but we must go on. I have a good friend who is a breeder of German Shorthair Pointers, black and tan in color, truly a great hunting dog, if you are interested, pm me and we'll talk. Until then, take your time, don't rush things, and as the magnet on the refrigerator " May I always be the person my dog thinks I am "

Peace
Old 08-30-2008, 03:13 AM   #12
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacohunter View Post
This may sound campy... but I don't care... So here goes...

Last weekend I had to put my hunting buddy down. She was my best buddy and unconditional best friend. She retrieved her first Kansas pheasant at 10 months old and was always ready for more after that.

She was by my side for 14 years, and now the house feels empty... and what really sucks is so do I. Her name was Shasta... a black lab with more character than most people I work with every day, and some of those I hang out with every weekend.

I'm trying to start looking for a new pup... or perhaps an older started dog with potential... but we all know that they can never replace what's been lost.

I know I'm not alone out here... but this hurts and sucks and I miss her.

I don't really know why I'm posting it here... other than anyone looking is a hunter and can relate on some level.

I'm tipping a few back in her honor tonight... you all can join me if you like. Here's to good dogs everywhere, and I hope they all go to Heaven... cause if they don't... I don't want to go either.
Tacohunter Iam so sorry to here about your pup i know just how you feel
i have a black lab and he is also 14 yrs old and hanging in there strong old
guy and like you he is my best friend.
And no your old friend can never be replaced .
but think of the times you can have with a new pup
And the fact that new pup is geting a new home.
Heres to Shasta lets all have a drink.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:57 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about the loss of your hunting buddy.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #14

I have to say I'm a bit overwhelmed at the responses here... I truly appreciate everyone's comments and kind words.

Thanks to all of you... from me and from Shasta.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #15
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Im so sorry man! Stay strong
Old 08-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #16
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I understand exactly how you feel. I had to put my Springer down today.. 13 years we had him, really hard losing a pet that you've had that long.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #17
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
I understand exactly how you feel. I had to put my Springer down today.. 13 years we had him, really hard losing a pet that you've had that long.
sorry 13 yrs is a long time
Old 08-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #18

My condolences to you and yours, dually. I hunted behind some great Springers in the past and they are smart, loyal little dogs.

Thanks for sharing... As you can see, there are lots of supporting comrades here and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #19
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i hear ya. my dad ran over my lab when i was six. ruined me for a long time. finally he went to gaffney SC and got missy Jane our basset hound. i love her to death. but i understand what its like.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #20
Taco969 will become famous soon enoughTaco969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: AFE
Taco969's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that man. I know how it feels, I lost my lab 2 years ago. I know have moved along and gotten another dog, but my lab Ebony is always with me. I don't have kids so my dog is my baby to me. My dog now is a 1.5 year old weimeraner, I hope I get to snjoy her just as long as my last dog. Best wishes to you and I hope you get another great dog to spend 14+ years with