1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 Walmart employees fired after disarming gunman caught shoplifting

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Feb 11, 2011 at 10:59 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    Unjust termination lawsuits settle quickly and for far less than injury claims. Let alone one where company policy was directly violated. I'll wager that they will get sued, and won't even bother litigating it - they'll just give each worker some six figure settlement. The amount they and other large corporations pay their legal teams is unbelievable, plus with an average of 3+ lawsuits filed per day, they've got other things to deal with :p

2. Feb 12, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Again, this didn't happen out in the open in the store which is what their policy is based on. This happened in a closed room in the back of the store. Their policy should allow some flex for the particular circumstances. This was not nearly the same as the douche pulling a gun out in the middle of the store. In that case, their policy would have been correctly applied.

3. Feb 12, 2011 at 7:37 AM
    slo13zx3

slo13zx3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    forest city pa
    Vehicle:
    14 trd off 6speed nav
    this is a joke!!!!! if a guy pulls a gun on me i would kill him or be killed

4. Feb 12, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    dfenter84

dfenter84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Alamogordo, NM
    Vehicle:
    08 taco TRD stock
    This country is going straight to HELL!! Thats all i'm saying. I'm ready for it to fall, live off the land and defend yourself at all costs, thats the way life is suppose to be anyway.

5. Feb 12, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You do stop them- but doing so with an illegal weapon (It's illegal to sell or carry brass knuckles in Cali which is where I'm guessing you were...) isn't going to work out real well for you.
    That is a "deadly" weapon against three guys who don't sound like they were armed...So yeah...You were guilty.

Seen comments like that a bunch- and while you may not be happy with the way the country is going- This was a BUSINESS. They published polices up front for folks to comply with. Whatever their reasons or motivations- It was up front that they said it. Me personally- I wouldn't work at a place like that...and if enuf people thought about what they were doing BEFORE it got to this point...They might change the policy.

6. Feb 12, 2011 at 8:22 AM
    dfenter84

dfenter84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Alamogordo, NM
    Vehicle:
    08 taco TRD stock
    Agreed, I don't think the country is going down because 4 employees were fired for self defense, It's going down because we are losing all the rights and freedoms that make this country what it is. You have the freedom of speech, unless you say something that is against the opinion of someone with money, you have the freedom of religion, uh yeah right. You can't discriminate against anyone, unless that person is religious of course. Don't get me wrong, I love my country, I served my country, but I hate what this country is turning into! It will fail and when that day comes all these people that have turned this country weak will say WTF how did this happen?

Products Discussed in

To Top