Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

South Carolina: Permitless Carry/"Constitutional" Carry legislation proposed

Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery

A House panel on Thursday will take up a bill that would allow anyone who can legally own a firearm in the state to carry a concealed weapon without a permit.

Read About It:
The Associated Press
Old 02-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Because states copy each other and that legislation has been in vogue especially since the subtle power shift in local and state gov'ts last Nov. Also, states like AZ has had it in place and we haven't killed each other yet.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Also what does this bill offer me? I have a CCP for NC....
Not a thing as I can tell other than you'd have the satisfaction of knowing that your neighbors to the south were closer to being free as the Founding Fathers had intended.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
i think it will get passed. i mean most of us have guns anyways
Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
I hope this passes.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i hope it passes as well. i carried this morning to meet a guy from CL to buy some tires...lol
Old 02-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i hope it passes as well. i carried this morning to meet a guy from CL to buy some tires...lol
Yeah, but you carry a purse....
Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
ericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Rotorhead
Name: Inigo Montoya
ericb's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck SC! I hope Constitutional carry spreads like wildfire
Old 02-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yeah, but you carry a purse....
hey hey...it's a manbag....

and we did vote on making hunting a constitutional right this past election as well...it passed. also from reading that article, i dont thin kthey should drop the process of background checks for new weapons purchases though.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #12
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
hey hey...it's a manbag....

and we did vote on making hunting a constitutional right this past election as well...it passed. also from reading that article, i dont thin kthey should drop the process of background checks for new weapons purchases though.
you know what kinda sucks tho..........yeah, they passed the "constitutional right to hunt".......but dnr is changing/lowering the limits you can take on deer. in my game zone anyway. as overrun as we are with them...and as many get hit and killed...mess up peoples vehicles.....they are gonna make us take less.

that being the case......i'll process my own.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you know what kinda sucks tho..........yeah, they passed the "constitutional right to hunt".......but dnr is changing/lowering the limits you can take on deer. in my game zone anyway. as overrun as we are with them...and as many get hit and killed...mess up peoples vehicles.....they are gonna make us take less.

that being the case......i'll process my own.
where'd you find that out at? only thing on the DNR site i can find talks about the 10-11 season.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Discussion on a local gun forum:
http://www.palmettoshootersforum.com...hp?f=38&t=1318

Analysis of the proposed bill:
http://www.scfirearms.org/Legislativ...2_analysis.pdf
Old 02-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #15

Quote:
where'd you find that out at? only thing on the DNR site i can find talks about the 10-11 season.
one of the local game wardens. its supposedly going into effect for the 11-12 season. im really hoping its all talk......kinda like them allowing us to bait here......all talk so far.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
one of the local game wardens. its supposedly going into effect for the 11-12 season. im really hoping its all talk......kinda like them allowing us to bait here......all talk so far.
ahh...none of those issues down here unlimited and feed away...for now i guess...we'll see.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #17

Quote:
ahh...none of those issues down here unlimited and feed away...for now i guess...we'll see.
its been talked about here the last few years. im not saying i'd hunt right over a damn bait pile.........but for keeping them in the area...its a good idea. when i got caught baiting a couple years back.....i was 50 yards the other way from my feeder while bowhunting.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #18
cakesprez has much to be proud ofcakesprez has much to be proud ofcakesprez has much to be proud ofcakesprez has much to be proud ofcakesprez has much to be proud ofcakesprez has much to be proud ofcakesprez has much to be proud ofcakesprez has much to be proud ofcakesprez has much to be proud of
Name: Kyle
cakesprez's Tacoma Gallery
Personally guys, I would rather not see this bill get passed. I have my CWP, and I carry nearly everyday. The problem I see is that even if it does get passed, nothing will change. People who want to carry are going to carry, whether its legal or not. All the crack dealing bros we have down here in charleston are still going to illegally carry their shitty ass HIpoint 9mms with FMJs because they are cheap and dont know what the hell they are doing. I figure if a cop can stick some gang banging kid with another charge and get them away from me, the happier I will be. I carry for protection, not because I want to shoot someone. Well, unless there is a Zombie situation or SHTF, then no promises.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #19
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

So, you'd rather keep restrictions on the law abiding public because you wouldn't want criminals to carry guns that they are going to have anyway. Alrighty then.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I have mixed emotions on this bill personally

on the civilian side, i like and support law abiding citizens being able to protect themselves and carrying when and where they feel the need to do so

on the LE side...its going to cause issues...i have very few resources on scene of an incident to look up someone's record to find out if they are a convicted felon...it's going to end up with temporary or permanent seizures of weapons of both people carrying lawfully and unlawfully...and its going to cause lawsuits when someone is NOT a convicted felon is charged with unlawful possession

fix that and it might be ok at best

again...mixed emotions and i'm not sure which i want to side with