1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Holster for GLOCK 19 w/light

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by YayAreaTaco0311, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Feb 19, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 [OP] Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just got a Streamlight TLR-1 for my GLOCK 19. Now the hard part, trying to find a holster for it.

What holster do you guys use for handguns with a light?

2. Feb 19, 2011 at 9:13 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Personally, If it's for home defense, I wouldn't use a holster.
    Secondly, it's a 9mm and I wouldn't carry that for personal protection.
    Lose the lite.

3. Feb 19, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    Sir,

Please don't turn my thread into a 9mm vs other caliber debate. I'm aware of the pros and cons of 9mm.

Thank you.

4. Feb 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM
    jeepmor

jeepmor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stumptown
    UBG Holsters might accommodate you. Nate is always the first guy I contact for custom holsters.

5. Feb 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    If you were aware of the pro's and con's of 9mm vs .45, you wouldn't have bought a 9mm in the first place.

I was offering up my opinion of a holster built for your particular weapon.
    You did not say what use it was for.
    If it was for cc, I doubt you could find a carry holster that would conceal such a behemoth of a pistol with a tac lite under normal circumstances without a large flannel jacket.

You have a flashlight attached to a pistol. I'm assuming you dont want a holster to carry around your house so that would only indicate that you want a holster that fits your G model with a flashlight that is concealable for personal carry.

Good luck.

6. Feb 19, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    p.s.
    Tac lites are gay imho. Junk to stick on the end of your pistol to make it look cool.
    your better off with a crossover and mag lite. That way at least your body mass is off center of the gun by 14 inches or so.

7. Feb 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  8. Feb 19, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    Example: Your headed back from a late nite movie with the wife and kiddo's.
    Your unlocking your car door in a dimly lit parking garage.
    7 cars over you hear a LOUD "CLANK". You draw your "cough" flashlight" which happens to have a 9mm attached to it.

Turns out it's a family of 5 changing out a spare tire because of a flat tire.
    Brandishing a weapon may not get you time served but it will certainly set you back a few hours at HQ.

And in the home?.....there's no way if I hear a bump in the night that I am willing to compromise myself by torching the area with an onboard tac lite.

Mag lite,weaver stance, crossover.

9. Feb 19, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    koa24

koa24 One problem at a time...

Member:
    So. Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD offroad
    6in Pro Comp Stage 2 Susp. lift w/ skip plates, Hella 500 lights behind grill mount, Air Raid CAI, Throttle body spacer, Gibson exhuast, Lots of audio/video, N Fab running boards, Grillcraft Grill, Rotora Drilled and slotted rotors. Future Mods: N Fab bed mount spare, HID's, Tint, Sliders, Armortech bumper.
    A bad guy won't know the difference between a 9mm or anything else when you put two in his chest and one in his head.

There is a reason why the military uses 9mm for there sidearm.

10. Feb 20, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Um, you know they have improved flashlights since the 80's, right? Maglites suck. To the op, I would not carry a tlr like that, but I have a light on all my hd guns. It's stupid not to, especially when my go to gun is a 12 gauge pump. Try holding a maglite and running one of those.

11. Feb 20, 2011 at 6:43 AM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    And to answer the question, I know bladetech makes kydex holsters that will work for you. If you're carrying the G19 though, I'd still recommend selling the TLR and buying a Surefire led handheld, or even one of the cheap new Streamlight handhelds. Great choice on the G19 - an excellent carry gun!

12. Feb 20, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Keep the to the OP's topic. He didnt ask about caliber, lasers, death rays, etc.

13. Feb 20, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah....There is a reason they use 9mm- Someone a long time ago signed the Geneva Convention and since then there have been leagues of lawyers and human rights advocates that have tried to enforce that 9mm standard. As well as the rest of the world using the 9x19 standard.

Ask the guys who carried 45ACP rounds until the 1980's what they think about 9mm....

Here is a super in depth evaluation from Massad Ayoob: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_3_54/ai_n24232193/

The Coast Guard (with the exception of forces deployed with the Navy) use .40 cal.

OP- What are you going to use the gun for?? A similar thread on another forum: http://ingunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/114370-glock_19_w_light_-_holster_needed.html

14. Feb 20, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    X2. 9mm is a fine choice for personal protection.

15. Feb 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    It is a good possibility the DA would have a field-day with a head shot in a self defense situation. Some might argue it goes well beyond reasonable force required to defend yourself from the threat.

16. Feb 20, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    I agree with you 100% on that. However, putting a 10mm or .45ACP to the chest will most likely not need a follow up shot to the head.

17. Feb 20, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    disagree

theres no varying degrees of lethal force

if you can legally use lethal force then it doesnt matter how many rounds you put into him or where you hit him at

agree

i've seen people get hit with a single .380 round and die...and i've seen a dude who took a 12ga to the face and survive...as well as a guy take 6 or so shots center mass of .45 and survive

18. Feb 20, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    The holster will be used for around the house and shooting in the woods.

Why I choose 9mm? Because it's cheap. Cheap = more rounds brought. More rounds = more practice. More practice = better shooting.

I'm comfortable with 9mm and like its low recoil. I'm also on a budget so if someone would be glad to fund me money for a .45, I'd be glad to switch over to .45. Until then, 9mm is my thing. My self defense loads are 147gr JHP.

Everyone has their own opinion about lights on a weapon. I personally like having a light on my weapon and plan to stick with it.

My budget for a holster is about $80.

And one more thing: don't matter what caliber you have, having something is better than having nothing. I know how to shoot and drop my targets (I'm USMC INFANTRY).

Amazing how I ask about holsters and get a bunch of "lights are gay for pistols" or "9mm is gay" blah blah blah. Whoever would like to volunteer to be shot with 9mm, please step forward. I'd also be more than happy to call an ambulance for you.

19. Feb 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    Strange... I'd think a marine would know what weapon/caliber he wants, and what doo-dads he wants to hang off of it. I see he did get some options on his original question, though.
    And by the way, thanks for your service.

20. Apr 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    sweet adeline

sweet adeline Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road

Products Discussed in

To Top