Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Holster for GLOCK 19 w/light

Old 02-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Holster for GLOCK 19 w/light

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just got a Streamlight TLR-1 for my GLOCK 19. Now the hard part, trying to find a holster for it.

What holster do you guys use for handguns with a light?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, If it's for home defense, I wouldn't use a holster.
Secondly, it's a 9mm and I wouldn't carry that for personal protection.
Lose the lite.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Lose the lite.
Sir,

Please don't turn my thread into a 9mm vs other caliber debate. I'm aware of the pros and cons of 9mm.

Thank you.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
jeepmor is on a distinguished road
jeepmor's Tacoma Gallery
UBG Holsters might accommodate you. Nate is always the first guy I contact for custom holsters.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
Sir,

Please don't turn my thread into a 9mm vs other caliber debate. I'm aware of the pros and cons of 9mm.

Thank you.
If you were aware of the pro's and con's of 9mm vs .45, you wouldn't have bought a 9mm in the first place.

I was offering up my opinion of a holster built for your particular weapon.
You did not say what use it was for.
If it was for cc, I doubt you could find a carry holster that would conceal such a behemoth of a pistol with a tac lite under normal circumstances without a large flannel jacket.

You have a flashlight attached to a pistol. I'm assuming you dont want a holster to carry around your house so that would only indicate that you want a holster that fits your G model with a flashlight that is concealable for personal carry.

Good luck.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #6

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
p.s.
Tac lites are gay imho. Junk to stick on the end of your pistol to make it look cool.
your better off with a crossover and mag lite. That way at least your body mass is off center of the gun by 14 inches or so.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i too disagree with lights/lasers on firearms

HOWEVER

here's some options...but its kind of tough without knowing exactly when/where/how you want to carry

http://www.lapolicegear.com/galco-ha...t-holster.html
http://www.lapolicegear.com/gaelwapa.html
http://www.lapolicegear.com/bi71luduho1.html
http://www.lapolicegear.com/bltaomviulun.html

There arent many options avail from the major name brands...because...well...tac lights are silly and most people DONT use them
Old 02-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #8

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Example: Your headed back from a late nite movie with the wife and kiddo's.
Your unlocking your car door in a dimly lit parking garage.
7 cars over you hear a LOUD "CLANK". You draw your "cough" flashlight" which happens to have a 9mm attached to it.

Turns out it's a family of 5 changing out a spare tire because of a flat tire.
Brandishing a weapon may not get you time served but it will certainly set you back a few hours at HQ.

And in the home?.....there's no way if I hear a bump in the night that I am willing to compromise myself by torching the area with an onboard tac lite.

Mag lite,weaver stance, crossover.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #9
One problem at a time...
koa24 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
koa24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Lose the lite.
A bad guy won't know the difference between a 9mm or anything else when you put two in his chest and one in his head.

There is a reason why the military uses 9mm for there sidearm.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #10
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Um, you know they have improved flashlights since the 80's, right? Maglites suck. To the op, I would not carry a tlr like that, but I have a light on all my hd guns. It's stupid not to, especially when my go to gun is a 12 gauge pump. Try holding a maglite and running one of those.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:43 AM   #11
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
And to answer the question, I know bladetech makes kydex holsters that will work for you. If you're carrying the G19 though, I'd still recommend selling the TLR and buying a Surefire led handheld, or even one of the cheap new Streamlight handhelds. Great choice on the G19 - an excellent carry gun!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the to the OP's topic. He didnt ask about caliber, lasers, death rays, etc.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #13
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by koa24 View Post
A bad guy won't know the difference between a 9mm or anything else when you put two in his chest and one in his head.

There is a reason why the military uses 9mm for there sidearm.
Yeah....There is a reason they use 9mm- Someone a long time ago signed the Geneva Convention and since then there have been leagues of lawyers and human rights advocates that have tried to enforce that 9mm standard. As well as the rest of the world using the 9x19 standard.

Ask the guys who carried 45ACP rounds until the 1980's what they think about 9mm....

Here is a super in depth evaluation from Massad Ayoob: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n24232193/

The Coast Guard (with the exception of forces deployed with the Navy) use .40 cal.

OP- What are you going to use the gun for?? A similar thread on another forum: http://ingunowners.com/forums/access...er_needed.html
Old 02-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #14
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
Safariland, bladetech, atomic dog, comp-tac. All company's make glock 19 holster that will fit a light.
And as for 9mm effectiveness, I haven't had any trouble ventilating a couple dudes with 9mm gold dot.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #15
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I just read down and see alot of people saying to not have a weapon mounted light. Should I address this here in this thread or make a new one, OP its up to you.
I will just say off the bat a weapon mounted light is the way to go.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post
Safariland, bladetech, atomic dog, comp-tac. All company's make glock 19 holster that will fit a light.
And as for 9mm effectiveness, I haven't had any trouble ventilating a couple dudes with 9mm gold dot.
X2. 9mm is a fine choice for personal protection.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #17
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koa24 View Post
It is a good possibility the DA would have a field-day with a head shot in a self defense situation. Some might argue it goes well beyond reasonable force required to defend yourself from the threat.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #18
The Professional

c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
It is a good possibility the DA would have a field-day with a head shot in a self defense situation. Some might argue it goes well beyond reasonable force required to defend yourself from the threat.
Better to deal with the repercussions of the actions necessary to secure myself and those I care about than not act and die. I will never hesitate to give someone the good news whether it be here state side or overseas.
"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
Old 02-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #19
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post
Better to deal with the repercussions of the actions necessary to secure myself and those I care about than not act and die. I will never hesitate to give someone the good news whether it be here state side or overseas.
"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
I agree with you 100% on that. However, putting a 10mm or .45ACP to the chest will most likely not need a follow up shot to the head.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #20
The Professional

c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
I agree with you 100% on that. However, putting a 10mm or .45ACP to the chest will most likely not need a follow up shot to the head.
false. All depends on the situational variables. I train to continue to put rounds on target till I see good effect no matter what caliber or weapon I am using. I have seen a guy take 3 rounds of 7.62 and keep coming.