Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

looking for someone who knows fishing

Old 02-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
looking for someone who knows fishing

i live in the tricities area of TN, i am looking for someone who knows the fishing around here, i have ben here for 6 or 7 years, and i cant manage to catch anything after moving from Louisiana, so i am hoping to find someone who can show me how to fish the area, since apparently, i can't lol
Old 02-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
what you fishin for and where are you fishin? I go to school here in wise and between me and 2 buddies we managed to catch 7 bass and 4 crappies in like 5 hours from the bank today in the wind. we were drop shotting gulp minnows. Won't be too long till the bass start moving in gettin ready for the spawn. then it's on, might fail a class or two
Old 02-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fishing for anything, particularly bass, that is what i know, though not how to catch them here
i am used to spinners and wacky worming
i have a boat, and will take anyone that can teach me the area for fishing
Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #4

oh, i general have to fish holston or boone because of location
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
right now with the water in the area still cold you need to be fishing deep docks and points. Carolina rigs, flukes, jigs, buck tails, and drop shotting seem to work best. The bass should be moving in to bed near the end of march or april, depending on the weather. When they move into shallower water I like texas rigged trick worms and creature baits. if you can see the fish on the bed take a lizard or creature bait and literally drop it in the bed and just twitch it slightly. Being as protective as they are they will eat pretty much anything that gets in there. once they move off the beds but are still in shallow water I like to texas rig downed trees, logs, and rocks.

One thing you might look into for this colder weather is trout fishing. there is lots of opportunity to catch good trout, especially up on the holston river at white top laurel, just outside abingdon There are also tons of stocked streams around here and fresh trout tastes awesome!

Thats a pretty general overview of how I fish around here. Let me know if you have any more specific questions and i will answer them the best I can.

Also, i am not the best fisherman in the world by any means but I can usually catch a fair catch.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
CruiserATX is on a distinguished road
Name: Abe
CruiserATX's Tacoma Gallery
I like a good Texas Rig, but Takern's right, it is still pretty cold out there...even in Central Texas (how much more so in TN). I was out yesterday and only managed to hook a scrappy little Bluegill using a medium-sized top-water chugger. All that said, there are some decent resources online if you just Google it up.... I found this guy's site to be pretty helpful www.getsomebass.com

Anyways, good luck out there!