Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Mosin Nagant Discussion

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #181
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery

Looks kind of like the 3rd one with the barrel wood shroud removed.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #182
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
i had a guy my buddy works with at a local gun shop look it over. he says it should fire no problem so hopefully i'll get out this week and finally shoot it. i was hesitant because when my boss gave it to me, he said he had it for years and never fired it, and before him his brother in law had it and never fired it. before he gave it to me, he disassembled it and cleaned up everything pretty good. i'm going to give it another once over with cleaner and oil then go put some down range this week.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #183
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Hey guys, I have been looking into buying a mosin for awhile now. I just thought I would see if anyone knew of anywhere that has mosins in stock for a low price? I went to cabelas near me and they had about 40 on the rack, but they are listed for $199.

Also, If I do end up buying one from a shop rather than online, what all should I be looking for when checking them out? And does the year they were made make in difference at all? When I was last at cabelas I checked out two, both made in Russia, one in 38 and one in 40. I never checked to see if the numbers matched all parts, I wasn't buying at the time. Thanks
Old 09-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #184
sangree is on a distinguished road
Name: mf
sangree's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Mosin 91/30 that is scout scoped. Great Gun with cheap ammo. Vasilli Zietsef
Old 09-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #185
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Went for a shoot awhile back with the Zonie Tacomies after many rounds fired from pistols, assorted ARs, AKs, SKS's I brought out my humble little M44 Mosin. Fired the first round and Chris4X4 screeched like a school girl " WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!!!!"
He was shooting his .22 marlin at the time.
Short barrell = big noise for sure.
Great rifle from 2 centuries ago, I love it
Old 09-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #186
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^ if you are looking for a good shooter check the bore for pitting. After that I would check the overall action of the bolt, crown on the barrel, matching #'s etc. If you are looking for collectibility a good start is to look for the older hex receivers.

If you end up buying online Aim Surplus has a ton of them and they have been great to do business with.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...n+Nagant+Rifle
Old 09-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #187
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm

Oldie but a goodie.

I like it's description of the barn. HA!

The best and greatest comparo ever!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #188
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Mosin Nagant Discussion

I foolishly sold my mosin a while back, and now I am wanting a new one (imagine that lol). I do want a 91/30 though

I don't really know how the market is on the mosin a currently, but I have the opportunity to pick up a Tula arsenal marked 91/30. Looks like the condition is pretty good, but still coated in cosmoline (my arch enemy...I hate the stuff).

The shop has it for 145$ before tax, is that fair in the current market? It does have the sling, bayonet, etc... That they always come with
Old 09-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #189
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I foolishly sold my mosin a while back, and now I am wanting a new one (imagine that lol). I do want a 91/30 though

I don't really know how the market is on the mosin a currently, but I have the opportunity to pick up a Tula arsenal marked 91/30. Looks like the condition is pretty good, but still coated in cosmoline (my arch enemy...I hate the stuff).

The shop has it for 145$ before tax, is that fair in the current market? It does have the sling, bayonet, etc... That they always come with

I bought all of mine here. http://www.jgsales.com/c-r-guns-c-290.html

Most of the time they have a good representation of what the market is at least on the west coast.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #190
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They have 91/30 for 130, with shipping etc my price isn't bad lol
Old 09-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #191
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They have 91/30 for 130, with shipping etc my price isn't bad lol

offer your guy $130 ,used guns are always negotiable.. Most guns are. I don't think I have ever payed sticker price for a gun. (not counting black Friday gun buys) Even during this latest gunacolips I did not pay sticker price.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #192

I shall try that when I get money (or offer 145 out the door instead)

It's a pawn shop so that might make it easier, in in there once or twice a week buying ammo and drooling over the suppressors that I can't buy since I'm a tn resident and the shop is in va
Old 09-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #193
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I shall try that when I get money (or offer 145 out the door instead)

It's a pawn shop so that might make it easier, in in there once or twice a week buying ammo and drooling over the suppressors that I can't buy since I'm a tn resident and the shop is in va
I got one for $135 years ago at Gunslingers in Kingsport. Back then I got 100 rounds of silver tip ammo for 25$ too. I miss those days!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #194
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post
I got one for $135 years ago at Gunslingers in Kingsport. Back then I got 100 rounds of silver tip ammo for 25$ too. I miss those days!
If you paid this for a mosin and ammo a couple of years ago, you got ripped off. I can still buy 440rds of ammo for about 100.00 and a couple of years ago I could buy mosins for 69.00 all day.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #195
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StZu View Post
If you paid this for a mosin and ammo a couple of years ago, you got ripped off. I can still buy 440rds of ammo for about 100.00 and a couple of years ago I could buy mosins for 69.00 all day.
In a perfect world sure, but the fun i've had with it was worth the cheap enough price. I remember $99 M44's etc.. The 91/30 I got had all matching serials and bayonet, great condition. Small price to pay for a cheap WW2 infantry gun.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #196
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
probably gonna get the arch angel stock for my mosin. the wood on mine is beginning to take a beating from desert shooting, and I want the ability to add a bipod and raise the cheek weld substantially without altering the original wood stock (for preservation purposes).
Old 10-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #197
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have experience with a stock from these guys:
http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/produc...=7790&cat=1220
Old 10-03-2013, 04:27 AM   #198
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Anyone have experience with a stock from these guys:
http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/produc...=7790&cat=1220
That forest camo one looks pretty cool. How much are these? Tried to add to cart to see but wanted me to register and all that. I'm interested in my nice matching numbers 1930 hex receiver mechanism snuggling into the arch angel stock and adding the black scout scope I have for it as well.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #199
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
That[/URL] forest camo one looks pretty cool. How much are these? Tried to add to cart to see but wanted me to register and all that. I'm interested in my nice matching numbers 1930 hex receiver mechanism snuggling into the arch angel stock and adding the black scout scope I have for it as well.
All the prices on their website. Depending on which stock and which options you choose, they seem to stay between $90 and $120 plus any options you choose to add on. I really like the featherweight pepper stock.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #200

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Wholly hell, check this sucker out:
http://www.cbrps.com/Products.html

For those who want to really dump some money into their Mosins

Products Discussed in this Thread