LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Mosin Nagant Discussion

Old 12-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #202
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Finally picked up a Type 53. Sweet muzzle blast that always gets attention at the range The stock was very ruff when I got it. Cleaned it up a little.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #203
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
Wildlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^
Nice dude

Here's my mosin decided to spend some money on it I have ati stock,timney trigger, wolf 30lb spring,sniper bolt. Now its a fun gun to shoot.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #204
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Well, decided against getting another rifle and to mod up the 1930 hex reciever matching numbers mosin instead. Ordered the archangel stock, 10 shot magazine & timney trigger & will be adding the scope and rail I already have for it. Figured the ammo is available and cheap comparatively so that was another deciding factor. Will post up pics when transformation complete.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #205
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
picked up another 880 rounds for $154. Should last me all year with my bolt action shoulder smasher
Old 01-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #206
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
picked up another 880 rounds for $154. Should last me all year with my bolt action shoulder smasher
I'm jealous, 440 rnds out here is over $100.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #207
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Are y'all running that nasty salt primer tin can stuff thru there? I have a tin of that stuff but have been stockpiling the clean stuff from Academy every time I go there for any reason. $12 a 20 round box seems pretty damn reasonable compared to other ammo. Of course that's over $260 for 440 rounds.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #208
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
yup, that nasty corrosive ammo! I just clean my mosin after every trip out.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #209
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ditto
Old 01-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #210
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yeah, I will to even with the newer stuff. Guess it doesn't really matter. What matters is it making a hole in whatever you are aiming it at. Anybody got a can opener? j/k, it came with one, lol.........
Old 01-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #211
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Same here. I bore snake mine after every outting.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #212
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Yeah, I will to even with the newer stuff. Guess it doesn't really matter. What matters is it making a hole in whatever you are aiming it at. Anybody got a can opener? j/k, it came with one, lol.........
my spam can didnt...

i had to use a hammer, screwdriver, and tin snips...lol.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #213

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
my spam can didnt...

i had to use a hammer, screwdriver, and tin snips...lol.

The gun shop I purchased my first spam can asked me when I checked out if I had one. I said no and he handed me one and said, here, this will save you more than a handful of 4 letter words.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #214
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well, decided against getting another rifle and to mod up the 1930 hex reciever matching numbers mosin instead. Ordered the archangel stock, 10 shot magazine & timney trigger & will be adding the scope and rail I already have for it. Figured the ammo is available and cheap comparatively so that was another deciding factor. Will post up pics when transformation complete.
I was about to buy that stock but ended up going with the ati.

I'm thinking about getting another mosin and putting a Boyd stock on it there so sweet
Old 01-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #215
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
I was about to buy that stock but ended up going with the ati.

I'm thinking about getting another mosin and putting a Boyd stock on it there so sweet
I had the ati monte carlo stock but didn't really dig it and just put the gun back the way it came. My neighbor bought it off of me for his mosin. He's the one I got the can opener from for the ammo too.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #216

i'd love to get a hex receiver to leave in the safe and get an archangel stock w/ the 10rd mag.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #217
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
I had the ati monte carlo stock but didn't really dig it and just put the gun back the way it came. My neighbor bought it off of me for his mosin. He's the one I got the can opener from for the ammo too.
I like the ati for the price but in had to trim so much to fit the timney trigger though. Also spent a lot of time dremeling to make it fit perfect.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #218
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i'd love to get a hex receiver to leave in the safe and get an archangel stock w/ the 10rd mag.

Same here but I would do this stock
Old 02-03-2014, 06:17 AM   #219
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

^^^^^ I do like that stock but once I saw the archangel one I wanted it more. Happy with my choice. The auction I bought it from came with the 10 round magazine too. Timney trigger & action fit perfect in it & got my iron site out and scope mounted. Now I want to go shoot this thing vs. it just being some antique collectable kinda thing............

Old 02-03-2014, 07:12 AM   #220

^^that is sexy, but i want to add the scope mount that mounts on the receiver.

Products Discussed in this Thread