Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Mosin Nagant Discussion

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2014, 07:04 AM   #241
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I can still get spam cans around me. I bought one last summer but the prices are going up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i saw some online the other day...880 for like $150-160, IIRC.
Remeber where u guys got them from? They are Lead and not steel core right?
Old 03-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #242
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
the ones i've been seeing are steel core.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #243
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shit, nvm, I guess the surplus stuff I have is steel core.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #244
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Mosin Nagant Discussion

My Finnish mosin m28/30 on the right

Old 03-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #245
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery

Just received and installed an archangel stock on one of the Mosins.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #246
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've got good pictures of my Finnish mosin

I'll post them when I get home
Old 03-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #247
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
This is my M39 - built off an 1895 Chatellerault contract receiver.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #248

My 28/30

Old 03-23-2014, 01:13 AM   #249
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post

Just received and installed an archangel stock on one of the Mosins.
that thing looks sweet.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #250
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
that thing looks sweet.
Thanks. It is much more comfortable than the wood stock, to me. The adjustable cheek weld pad and adjustable butt plate are really nice.

I'm now considering buying one for a Remington 700 in .308 that I'd like to shoot long at long ranges.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #251
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
Thanks. It is much more comfortable than the wood stock, to me. The adjustable cheek weld pad and adjustable butt plate are really nice.

I'm now considering buying one for a Remington 700 in .308 that I'd like to shoot long at long ranges.
nice ive been wanting to get another gun soon its hard so many choice
Old 06-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #252
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a mosin, and now I need to remove good ol cosmoline. I've seen vids online and what not, but I want to know what you guys do/prefer.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:09 AM   #253
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
I just bought a mosin, and now I need to remove good ol cosmoline. I've seen vids online and what not, but I want to know what you guys do/prefer.
black trash bag sitting out in the hot sun helps to drive a lot of it out of the stock, just wipe it down a couple of times with rags. I also use a lot of the barrel blaster on the bolt and use an old toothbrush to get it out of the nooks and crannies.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #254
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
Windex and LOTS of paper towels. Once you get the initial stuff off, let it sit in the hot sun and the rest will seep out of the stock as mentioned above. Locking it in a car in the hot sun works well.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:21 AM   #255
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
i tried mineral spirits like i saw recommended somewhere, it doesnt work. ive heard a lot about just using hot water in a tub. its suppose to work well. for my stock im going to hang it it my attic for a couple of hot days to get it all out of the wood because the last time i shot it was a hot day and put a lot of rounds down rane so it was pretty hot and the cosmoline was seeping out of the stock and coating my hands
Old 06-29-2014, 07:45 AM   #256
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i tried mineral spirits like i saw recommended somewhere, it doesnt work. ive heard a lot about just using hot water in a tub. its suppose to work well. for my stock im going to hang it it my attic for a couple of hot days to get it all out of the wood because the last time i shot it was a hot day and put a lot of rounds down rane so it was pretty hot and the cosmoline was seeping out of the stock and coating my hands
That wasn't cosmoline, those were tears. Tears of joy that YOU shed because it's so beautiful to shoot.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:51 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Windex and LOTS of paper towels. Once you get the initial stuff off, let it sit in the hot sun and the rest will seep out of the stock as mentioned above. Locking it in a car in the hot sun works well.
Yea I saw thaw that. Perfect weather like yesterday when it was 104 I'm going to have to set up a table in the garage and have a heart to heart with this gun.

Anyone have any experience with arisakas type 99 or the Kar98k? Those are two other rifles I'd like to own. I just prefer a gun/rifle with history. Something that 90% of the population won't know about.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:58 AM   #258

Boil the small parts for a while, cleaned the Cosmo
Off mine very easily
Old 06-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious6 View Post
This is my M39 - built off an 1895 Chatellerault contract receiver.

I'm really digging this almost tiger stripe appearance. I'm thiinking of removing some of the finish and maybe going for this type of look with the natural wood underneath and keeping some of the original finish.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:54 PM   #260

this is my new rifle. 1943. Letting it sit out in the sun to sweat like I was

Products Discussed in this Thread