Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Mosin Nagant Discussion

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #121
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
They typically have better quality machining. The round receivers were produced as quaickly as possible during war years.
^this. which means more collectible/desirable. i want to get a hex to be a safe queen and then Tac out the regular one i have.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #124
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
that stock for the mosin is nice. passed on the ati mod but this may be making me want to mod the hex again.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #125
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
that stock for the mosin is nice. passed on the ati mod but this may be making me want to mod the hex again.
Yeah, I've never been a fan of the othe Mosin stocks but this one looks pretty cool. The price from what I've hear is going to be around $150, not bad cosidering it allows the Mosin to accept detachable magazines.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #126
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a Chinese type 53. Hopefully it will look better than the stock photo but oh well I plan in refinishing it anyways.

http://www.jgsales.com/mosin-nagant-...n.-p-2341.html
Old 01-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #127
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Did you guys see these new stocks for the Mosin Nagant? http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...K-47-Saiga-SKS
Found my new stock for my Type 53.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #129
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Damn i want to get one of these guns. pure beauty and such history.

Booo! I fear that is why the Hex are so rare on the market. At least plays a role.
There was a whole crate of hexes when I got mine. 1930 - 1936. I chose a 1930. First year they started doing them from what I've read....It did have an armory refurb stock tho, no screws in the escucheons for the strap. But all the numbers match and got all the goodies that go with it - bayonet, oiling can, tool pouch, ammo belt & tin of 440 rounds of ammo.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #130
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
You guys might like this.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #131
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else have the sticky bolt issue?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #132
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Anyone else have the sticky bolt issue?

I did. But I was able to correct the issue.

There is a great YouTube video on how to correct the problem. I am unable to link that video at this time.

But basically all you need to do is take a 20 gauge copper brush and some boring compound. http://www.amazon.com/J-B-Non-Embedd.../dp/B0018L9UOW Put the brush on a drill and put some compound on it. Run the brush up from the back around the chamber. Then clean the compound out.

Then strip the bolt and polish all the parts. Then lube the bolt, including the firing pin and spring with some copper anti seize. http://www.amazon.com/Loctite-38650-.../dp/B0006Q7H36 This stuff is awesome. I use it on all my guns.

The bolts on mine are super smooth now.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #133
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #134
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
They are taking pre orders http://www.promagindustries.com/product-p/aa9130.htm
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #135
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know of any sites selling mosins online? I want to buy another and put that new arc angle stock on it ! All the local sellers want 300 bucks for them .
Old 03-20-2013, 04:25 AM   #136
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
that stock looks pretty sweet. wouldnt mind getting one of those for my plain mosin after i get my hands on a hex.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #137
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Does anyone know of any sites selling mosins online? I want to buy another and put that new arc angle stock on it ! All the local sellers want 300 bucks for them .
Check with:
AIM
Wideners
Buds
Old 03-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #138
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
one problem I have with my mosin-nagant is that before I shoot it all the screws and everything is tight and after I get past ~50 rounds the receiver and barrel comes loose from the stock. I'm still able to shoot it but it scares the hell out of me because I see the receiver move towards me a little bit when I shoot.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #139
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Why not loctite that shit....red if you don't want to take it apart for a long time....or ever. Might use the regular stuff instead of red for easier periodical breakdown and thorough cleaning. Haven't done mine but would seem to be the answer. I haven't put enough rounds thru mine to even notice that yet.....thanks for heads up.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #140

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
one problem I have with my mosin-nagant is that before I shoot it all the screws and everything is tight and after I get past ~50 rounds the receiver and barrel comes loose from the stock. I'm still able to shoot it but it scares the hell out of me because I see the receiver move towards me a little bit when I shoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Why not loctite that shit....red if you don't want to take it apart for a long time....or ever. Might use the regular stuff instead of red for easier periodical breakdown and thorough cleaning. Haven't done mine but would seem to be the answer. I haven't put enough rounds thru mine to even notice that yet.....thanks for heads up.
I think I would just use some plumbers tape over loctite. I shoot the surplus ammo all the time so I break down my gun a lot having to mess with the loctite all the time would be a pain.

Products Discussed in this Thread