Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Mosin Nagant Discussion

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #141
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery

Aww yeah, fresh crate of Bulgarian Silvertipped steel core
Old 03-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #142
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
ooo, that's what the inside of the 440 tin looks like. Haven't busted mine open and don't plan on it. Been stocking up on the Tula made non-corrosive primer stuff from Academy every time I go there for anything else. 11.00 for 20 rounds. Building up a nice pile, must have a full clip worth by now
Old 03-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #143
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Why not loctite that shit....red if you don't want to take it apart for a long time....or ever. Might use the regular stuff instead of red for easier periodical breakdown and thorough cleaning. Haven't done mine but would seem to be the answer. I haven't put enough rounds thru mine to even notice that yet.....thanks for heads up.
RED? wow you must be hulk I would be scared just to use blue on those screws, I'll be on the fence between green and blue. But I do break it down periodically because I use the surplus ammo and I've seen how dirty it is, so if I go that route I'll go with green and see how that goes.

and if you get the surplus for a good price ( I got 880 rounds off of AIM surplus for $180) it comes out to a little more than 20 cents a round, for the punch that 7.62x54R packs, that's pretty cheap if you ask me
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #144
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StZu View Post
Check with:
AIM
Wideners
Buds
Thanks a lot man! I was able to order one from aim for 139.99 .
Old 03-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #145
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post

Aww yeah, fresh crate of Bulgarian Silvertipped steel core
Is that corrosive?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #146
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Thanks a lot man! I was able to order one from aim for 139.99 .
Awesome, glad I could help.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #147
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Is that corrosive?
Yeah it is, I have the same stuff.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #148
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1933 Izhevsk Hex receiver. A lot of fun at the range. Once I messed with the front sight post the rifle is very accurate using the iron sights at 100 yds. Was lucky to stock up on Romanian surplus ammo before all the crazy price hikes and shortages...Excellent rifle for the money. Looking at getting the M44 carbine version as well.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:31 AM   #149
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
M44 is my next one too. There is a guy selling one locally "in excellent condition" for $275.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #150
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought myself a m44 from classicfirearms.com. I havent seen it yet but my dad says it is in alot nicer condition than my 91/30. Also I pre ordered my Archangel stock for it.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #151
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I finally got to shoot mine last weekend, and I fixed my sticky bolt.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #152
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
I went into the local big 5 today. There now selling mosins for 179.99 . They didn't even have any in stock. But I did get a knife for 14.99 on sale from 49.99 .
Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #153
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
I went into the local big 5 today. There now selling mosins for 179.99 . They didn't even have any in stock. But I did get a knife for 14.99 on sale from 49.99 .

Try Cabellas if you have one close to you. They are normally $150, I saw an add for them at $119. I also saw on some forums that some guys were getting Hex Mosins form Cabellas at the $119 price. The general consensus was Cabellas got a lot in and did not separate the Hex from the Round before they boxed them up and sent them to there stores.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #154
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a 91/30 question..........You know how that Archangel tactical stock has the extended clip? I wonder if you could just purchase and use the extended clip in a non-modified 91/30? Seems like it would work since it is still the original action used in the Archangel stock. Searching.....................

Like the one in the middle..........

Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #155
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a 91/30 question..........You know how that Archangel tactical stock has the extended clip? I wonder if you could just purchase and use the extended clip in a non-modified 91/30? Seems like it would work since it is still the original action used in the Archangel stock. Searching.....................

That would be pretty cool, Im not sure if it is even possible either since I have never handled my 91/30 I cant wait till May when I go on leave and get to play with all my toys and hopefully my Archangel stock will be in!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #156
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I am not sure it would work. I think you need the Archangel stock to hold the mag. It looks like there will be a mag release on the stock. On the bottom of a non modified Mosin there is nothing to hold the mag tight agents the receiver. The only thing that keeps the internal mag where it is, is a peace of spring steal.

Even if you take the feeder out of the internal mag there would be nothing to hold an extended mag.

You need some thing like this

Also take a look here

http://www.armoryblog.com/news/mosin...ound-magazine/

There is a lot of good info if you don't want to modify your stock. It takes a little more work than just buying a mag.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #157
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The stock comes with a 5 round magazine but 10 rounders are available to purchase separately.

Not sure if they'll work in the rifle if in its original configuration.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #158
Dental Floss Tycoon

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want mine to look like this with my scope mounted and have the clip like the middle of the pic above........

Then get yourself a Brass Stacker scope mount and you're good to go. About $60 if I recall. Very solid all steel. Don't waste your money on the cheaper mounts you find on Amazon or Ebay. Search the Mosin forums - tons of info on every variation of this rifle.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #159
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I think I may just go ahead and get the promag stock and 10 round clips whenever they are available. I already have a good scope and mounts for it. I like the adj cheek and storage options and the way this stock looks.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #160
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
They are taking pre orders and they dont ship out till may! Ill let you know how it is if i get mine in time.

Products Discussed in this Thread