LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Mosin Nagant Discussion

Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #161
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
In stock at AIM Surplus: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...+Nagant+Rifles

My buddy called and ordered one an hour and a half ago, they said they have 7 more in stock. Hurry!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #162
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
In stock at AIM Surplus: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...+Nagant+Rifles

My buddy called and ordered one an hour and a half ago, they said they have 7 more in stock. Hurry!
That's crazy they had crates of them on the 30th of last month when they posted this picture.

Love AIM Surplus they are a great company to do business with.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...ze/big/cat/500
Old 05-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #163
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Finally shot one of my Mosin Nagants a chinese Type 53. Definately a fun gun and the fireball out the end is the best . Kicks like a damn mule also but its very bearable!!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #164
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoIII View Post
Finally shot one of my Mosin Nagants a chinese Type 53. Definately a fun gun and the fireball out the end is the best . Kicks like a damn mule also but its very bearable!!
i just shot mine for the first time a few week ago too. after 40 shots my shoulder was hurting pretty good. i went out and bought a recoil pad for the next time
Old 05-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #165
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
i just shot mine for the first time a few week ago too. after 40 shots my shoulder was hurting pretty good. i went out and bought a recoil pad for the next time
i put about 75 rounds down range w/ 450 .22 and 20 .270 a few weeks ago. had a baseball sized bruise.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #166
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i put about 75 rounds down range w/ 450 .22 and 20 .270 a few weeks ago. had a baseball sized bruise.
mine was pretty bruised too. the last 5 shots i was absolutely dreading pulling the trigger. not even sure i got the shots on the target cause i just didnt care anymore

Old 05-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #167
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked one up. Can anybody suggest some good scopes... Preferably long relief
Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #168
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
Just picked one up. Can anybody suggest some good scopes... Preferably long relief
I have this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-2-7X32-...g+relief+scope

Depending on the mount you use this one has worked out well for me. I have the Brass Stacker mount and the scope sits a little high.

I think with a lower mount it would be a bit better. I think I have shot 100 rounds or so and it as not lost its center.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #169
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Holy accurate mosin! This makes me want to modify one of mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTxqST9G6Xc

My parents are picking me up this from back home in Wisconsin too ... never have too many mosins!
\/
http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/cent.../0000000066925
Old 07-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #170
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Holy accurate mosin! This makes me want to modify one of mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTxqST9G6Xc

My parents are picking me up this from back home in Wisconsin too ... never have too many mosins!
\/
http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/cent.../0000000066925

That is a crazy looking mosin.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #171
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
i'm glad i came across this thread. i need to post pictures of the one i just picked up for free. a lot of things with it just don't make sense lol. it looks nothing like any of the mosin's i have seen before. my brother looked at it, said it was made in the tulia (sp?) factory, has a short barrel, and has turkish sights measured in arshinis.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #172
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
That is a crazy looking mosin.
I second that motion haha, but I'll be damned if that isn't one of the most accurate I've ever seen.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #173

Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
i'm glad i came across this thread. i need to post pictures of the one i just picked up for free. a lot of things with it just don't make sense lol. it looks nothing like any of the mosin's i have seen before. my brother looked at it, said it was made in the tulia (sp?) factory, has a short barrel, and has turkish sights measured in arshinis.
That is really interesting and it was definitely the right price . And at the end of the day if it shoots 7.62x54R I'd call that a win!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #174

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
I second that motion haha, but I'll be damned if that isn't one of the most accurate I've ever seen.
I think I have 5 now.. I cant say that any one is more or less accurate.
It is all about the shooter.

As far as moded mosins I have seen this one it is up there in the top 10

This one is the most insane one. Bulpup Mosin. I met the guy that makes these at a gun show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gSCL_-mnN4k

A revue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1bk7b8Pgo

Shooting it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZOPxEWyXC8
Old 07-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #176

Murph's Tacoma Gallery
I can defiantly appreciate this guys genius in designing the bull pup mosin, but it's a bit over the top for me personally.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #177
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
I used a recoil pad for mine, but a rolled up towel works well also
Old 07-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #178
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
here is the one i got for free. it does not match any mosin that i can find. i think it has been modified by previous owners. I think the barrel has been cut, the bolt lever was bent, the front wood was removed.

ignore the golden retriever, she was very interested in what i was doing
Old 07-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #179

Murph's Tacoma Gallery
that's defiantly a one of a kind mosin. But like i said if it shoots x54R at the end of the day its legit.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #180
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
here is the one i got for free. it does not match any mosin that i can find. i think it has been modified by previous owners. I think the barrel has been cut, the bolt lever was bent, the front wood was removed.

ignore the golden retriever, she was very interested in what i was doing
Looks like it was sporterized. Just modified to be an easier to wield hunting rifle.