Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Glock 21 sf

Old 03-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
andrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the rough
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
Glock 21 sf

I'm new to glocks but I really am wanting a Glock 21 sf. I'm finding them to be few and far between, there are a few on gunbroker.com but I'm thinking maybe I should wait for the 4th gen to come out, which is rumored to be around April. Anyone have any suggestions for me?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
go to this web site: http://www.glocktalk.com/

you can read all about reviews on the pistols, review owners problems and good reports, and you can even advertise that you are looking for one. They also have a for sale section and there are some in there.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I know this really great guy that has a G36 for sale. It's SWEET!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ck-g36-fs.html
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
go to this web site: http://www.glocktalk.com/

you can read all about reviews on the pistols, review owners problems and good reports, and you can even advertise that you are looking for one. They also have a for sale section and there are some in there.
Glock talk is where every d-bag who thinks they know something goes to talk about what they really know nothing about, it is just as bad as ar15.com.

Try m4carbine.net if you need to do some research. I would recommend against 4th gens. I have attended multiple courses in which the 4th gens (9mm) have had numerous faults (failures to extract, feed problems, trigger reset issues). Also I would not get a glock in .45

If you are wanting a Glock (which I trust my life to every day stateside and even more so other places) I would go with a 9mm or a .40 and in gen 3.

If you must have a .45 and a full size then I can recommend nothing else than HK .45 (not usp) or a high end 1911 like Wilson. Any other questions feel free to ask.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
andrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the rough
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post
Glock talk is where every d-bag who thinks they know something goes to talk about what they really know nothing about, it is just as bad as ar15.com.

Try m4carbine.net if you need to do some research. I would recommend against 4th gens. I have attended multiple courses in which the 4th gens (9mm) have had numerous faults (failures to extract, feed problems, trigger reset issues). Also I would not get a glock in .45

If you are wanting a Glock (which I trust my life to every day stateside and even more so other places) I would go with a 9mm or a .40 and in gen 3.

If you must have a .45 and a full size then I can recommend nothing else than HK .45 (not usp) or a high end 1911 like Wilson. Any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks for your reply c0b2a. My only question is why you don't like the glock in .45? I just became a member of glock talk and everyone seems to love the 3rd Gen 21. I'm a fan of the 1911 style as well but I know I'm going to pay more for that as opposed to a glock.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:06 AM   #6
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Interested in knowing why as well.
My G36 has been the perfect carry weapon. Snug, lite weight, solid stopping power.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Will the G36 .45 stop a Grizzley Bear?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #8

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjohn View Post
7 shots? hp? maybe.
You might have to throw a left hook in to finish him off.
Certainly more than a 9mm or .40 would do.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #9
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I went to the 30SF and 21SF to fit my girly sze hand better than the non SF models.

Try one to make sure you like it before you buy it.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #10

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
I went to the 30SF and 21SF to fit my girly sze hand better than the non SF models.

Try one to make sure you like it before you buy it.
You like the 26sf over the G30?
I went from a G21sf to a G30 to a G36.
My 36 is far best for cc however my 21 was far more accurate.

However...the OP did not state what his G series would be mainly used for.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #11
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i just got a G21SF. bought it as my "stocking stuffer" for the holidays.

i got a great deal on it, as my gun buyer sold it to me at cost + fees. he did say it was difficult to find. i bought the 3rd gen, with the non ambidextrous mag release.

tell you the truth, this is my first glock, and i am not really clear on the differences between the generations.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #12
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjohn View Post
I would want a large revolver as a backup to a larger rifle if I had a Grizz problem!!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #13

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
I would want a large revolver as a backup to a larger rifle if I had a Grizz problem!!!!!
I give em the . 44 super redhawk special first.
Then the G36.
If that fails then its Left uppercut.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #14

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Of course, if I knew he was coming at a distance,I would start out with this.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
get a kimber...
Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #16

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb0913 View Post
get a kimber...

For what?
To do the job that a $500 pistol can do at half price? for carry?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #17
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
For what?
To do the job that a $500 pistol can do at half price? for carry?
i have a kimber that i carry, and i love it. it is the 4" barrel, which makes concealing it easy.

i saw the piece you had for sell...very nice. i love glocks. i have a glock 27, and it's awesome.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #18
ericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Rotorhead
Name: Inigo Montoya
ericb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb0913 View Post
get a kimber...
AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ok on a more serious note, buds gun shop is out of stock now but if you go on their waiting list they will email you when they come in.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/a...k+21sf&x=0&y=0

Davidsons is out of stock too http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx but they do the same

If you are going to carry it concealed I would look at the g36 or G30 in slow and fat round flavor. The g21 is a big gun.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #19
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to buy 1911 for my next purchase, probably a kimber, but for now for my first gun I'm primarily concerned with home defense and reliability. I don't want a compact/subcompact as I don't plan to carry. I plan to check with a few more dealers here.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #20
ericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Rotorhead
Name: Inigo Montoya
ericb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
I'd like to buy 1911 for my next purchase, probably a kimber, but for now for my first gun I'm primarily concerned with home defense and reliability. I don't want a compact/subcompact as I don't plan to carry. I plan to check with a few more dealers here.

I would avoid 1911 models like kimber an d taurus and look at other models like Rock Island, Springfield, Colt.