Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Sig 522 .22lr

Old 03-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #21
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707Bro View Post
What's the price on one of these, I'm quite intrested after reading all your guys comments.
I got mine at the gun show for 400 + 2 extra mags.

Also for those that have the Sig a great place to buy more mags is.....
http://www.44mag.com/category/black_dog_machine
Old 03-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #22
RevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Master Sergeant
Name: Nathan
RevHard6's Tacoma Gallery
Sig 522 .22lr-imageuploadedbytapatalk1300769646.506670.jpg

Ok, got four more BDM mags in today. Also picked up another brick of ammo (Federal AE). Only a week to go. Still looking trying to decide on an optic....
Old 03-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #23
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a cheap bsa red dot micro from Academy the other day for 29.00. They were on closeout. Check your local academy they usually have good .22 scopes. Anything bigger caliber I would look elsewhere, but for this rifle it is perfect.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #24
RevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant future

I had to google Academy. Lol. It's like a Sports Authority here, but more selection. I'll hit up the sports stores this weekend to find something inexpensive that I like.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #25

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
I took the bsa back today, when i would shoot it, the dot would dim, shoot it again and it brightens. JUNK. I am looking at a primary arms scope now.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by StZu View Post
I took the bsa back today, when i would shoot it, the dot would dim, shoot it again and it brightens. JUNK. I am looking at a primary arms scope now.
Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, I was actually eyeballing the 1-4x24 scope on there.
http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=156
Old 03-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #27

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=419

This is the one I want, that way i can put it on my ak also.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #28
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
Yeah, I bought it last fall as a practice platform for my AR-15.

I also want to use it for some Appleseed shoots.

As we know, .22lr is a helluva lot cheaper than .223/5.56

I rigged mine with a Barska 3x9. It is functional, and you're not going to need a lot of optics with the range of the ammo.

Got it off Amazon for around 35-40 bucks.

Sorry, I don't have a model number, but they are a decent low-end manufacturer of optics. I am happy with mine...
You can buy an AR 22lr conversion bolt and mag for a lot less $.
They work great.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #29
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
dont have an ar .22 but for my 10/22 I bought a cheap bushnell from wal mart for like 50 bucks 3-9x50. it holds is zero and its very clear. they have a 40mm objective as well that would fit the ar's better too.

this thread is making me want to put a mp15-22 on layaway
Old 03-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #30

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post

this thread is making me want to put a mp15-22 on layaway
From reviews that I have read the 15-22 has some feeding issues. You might want to research a bit before you buy any of these guns and see what trade offs you are willing to live with. These aren't very cheap, but man they sure are fun!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #31
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sounds like a plan. thanks for the heads up
Old 03-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #32
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StZu View Post
From reviews that I have read the 15-22 has some feeding issues. You might want to research a bit before you buy any of these guns and see what trade offs you are willing to live with. These aren't very cheap, but man they sure are fun!
I 100% half agree with you....lol. The only time my 15-22 had any real feeding issues was when I first purchased and was trying to figure out what ammo worked best. I had read several reviews that it had issues with Remington ammo well before I ever purchased, but I wanted to test it out anyways. Upon testing this stood up to be mostly true. It was next to impossible to race through a clip without a FTF, if not 2 or 3. Much less likely with Winchester. And after 5000 rounds or so of the Federal 525 Value Box ($15-$18), I'd say I get an FTF less than 1% of the time. Come to think of it, of my last 3 trips to the range and 1000 rounds or so, I can't remember a hiccup outta the thing.

Long story short, if you have easy access to the Federal ammo, I give 15-22 a 10/10 score. If not, maybe a 6 or 7/10.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #33

I just read a thread on ar15.com about the 15-22's and it seems like everyone shoots the federal bulk packs and has little to no issues with them.

I dont know if I wanna get a new barrel and stock for my 10/22 or just get an entire new gun

Probably the latter. im gonna try and hit up academy this week and check them out. I know they have a few different options on the .22's there.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #34

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Academy was expensive on their .22. Wait till next week and hit up the Dallas gun show. Get one of these!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw9PJshmKwQ

This will be my next .22
Old 03-24-2011, 06:31 AM   #35
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Now that is freakin' sweeeeet!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #36

yea I saw they had those at the last one. I dont think I want that much gun for such a small bullet. to much "extra" gun involved.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #37

Alright threadjackers let's get back on track.

I ended up going with the Primary Arms 1-4x24 scope. I've been eyeballing one for a while and figured the Sig was a good enough reason. This thing is pretty long lol.

Sig 522 .22lr-imageuploadedbytapatalk1301159099.461822.jpg
Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #38

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice scope! I want!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #39

Sig 522 .22lr-imageuploadedbytapatalk1301337816.132400.jpg

Well, just got it out of jail. Now it's time to accessorize.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #40

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! You will have so much fun, don't shoot your eye out!