Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Sig 522 .22lr

Old 03-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
RevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Master Sergeant
Name: Nathan
RevHard6's Tacoma Gallery
Sig 522 .22lr

Anyone else have one of these?

I just put one in DROS jail yesterday. Looking forward to having a new plinker. Any recommendations for a cheap 1x4 or 3x9 optic for it?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Barska on my S&W MP15-22. Works great, stays true after hundreds of rounds. Picked mine up for $110 at my local Scheels a few years ago.

http://www.barska.com/Electro_Sight_...GHT_SCOPE.html
Old 03-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
i have a basic red dot on my mp-15 22 paid like twenty bucks for it

ted how do you like your mp?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
i have a basic red dot on my mp-15 22 paid like twenty bucks for it

ted how do you like your mp?
Freakin' looooooooooooooove it! It'd be what I'd shoot anyways, but it will pretty much only fire Federal ammo - this would be my only "complaint" if you could even call it that. With Remington or Winchester, I'd guess 2 in 10 FTFs compaired to 1 in 200 with Federal.

To be able to go out and shoot 525 rounds as fast or slow as you want for $16 CANNOT be beat
Old 03-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
Freakin' looooooooooooooove it! It'd be what I'd shoot anyways, but it will pretty much only fire Federal ammo - this would be my only "complaint" if you could even call it that. With Remington or Winchester, I'd guess 2 in 10 FTFs compaired to 1 in 200 with Federal.

To be able to go out and shoot 525 rounds as fast or slow as you want for $16 CANNOT be beat
your damn right, do you have the comp barrel or not?
have you thought about modding it to full auto?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #6

Quote:
your damn right, do you have the comp barrel or not?
have you thought about modding it to full auto?
I bought mine before the threaded barrel came out. And as far as a full-auto mod - helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll f'n no...illegal to the r-tarded-th degree!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
I bought mine before the threaded barrel came out. And as far as a full-auto mod - helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll f'n no...illegal to the r-tarded-th degree!
yeah i wanted the threaded barrel too

hey man its legal here in pa, ya just gotta get a permit
Old 03-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
rsmcginnes is on a distinguished road
rsmcginnes's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Sig 522. Love it. It's very reliable, which is difficult to achieve with some conversions, and very accurate. Mine has a Bushnell 1-4 on it, which works great.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
yeah i wanted the threaded barrel too

hey man its legal here in pa, ya just gotta get a permit
Nebraska is a free state when it comes to Class 3 firearms & accessories (full-auto & suppressors) but unless I'm missing something, regardless of the state you're in, the only full-auto firearms the average citizen can purchase are pre-ban (1986) production firearms. You may be able to PURCHASE Class 3 firearms, but I was understanding that in no circumstances is it legal to CONVERT any firearm to full-auto.

Anyone else, LE or Military, care to chime in with more knowledge?
Old 03-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #10
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/7b42e820.jpg

I have the sig522. I bought it last Sunday at the gun show. I freaking love the gun. I have put about 1500 rounds down range with it on 2 trips to the range and it has jammed about 5 times. The jams were caused by crappy .22 ammo. It will eat pretty much anything you can throw in it.
Great rifle and a lot of fun.
If you want to know more just ask.
I have a cheap leapers 1x red/green dot scope on mine.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #11
RevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by StZu View Post
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/7b42e820.jpg

I have the sig522. I bought it last Sunday at the gun show. I freaking love the gun. I have put about 1500 rounds down range with it on 2 trips to the range and it has jammed about 5 times. The jams were caused by crappy .22 ammo. It will eat pretty much anything you can throw in it.
Great rifle and a lot of fun.
If you want to know more just ask.
I have a cheap leapers 1x red/green dot scope on mine.
Thanks for the info. The ammo I got for it is the CCI Blazer. I'm going to try all kinds though.

I think I saw a site that had an adapter that let's you install an AR stock on the 522/566. Going to have to check that out. It would be mice to have s little more adjustability in the LOP.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #12
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Try out your stock first, it comes with 2 diff butt pads, and with the 2" of travel I found a great setting for mine. It also comes with 2 plastic adjusters you can put in the stock to give you more options. I am sure you can make due with the stock that it comes with.
Also I just bought the iron sights for this. I cant wait to get to the range and zero these in. I think I can get co-witness with the scope.
I got these at www.topgunsupply.com for 79.00 shipped. They are specific for the 522.
As for ammo I just go with what is the cheapest at academy/walmart/ or wherever the hell I am.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #13

Yeah, I'll definitely give the factory stock a go first. I'll check out those irons too. Not a bad price at all.

I also have an additional 4 BDM mags on the way. Only 10 rounders thanks to my state. :/
Old 03-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I bought it last fall as a practice platform for my AR-15.

I also want to use it for some Appleseed shoots.

As we know, .22lr is a helluva lot cheaper than .223/5.56

I rigged mine with a Barska 3x9. It is functional, and you're not going to need a lot of optics with the range of the ammo.

Got it off Amazon for around 35-40 bucks.

Sorry, I don't have a model number, but they are a decent low-end manufacturer of optics. I am happy with mine...
Old 03-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #15

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
Yeah, I bought it last fall as a practice platform for my AR-15.

I also want to use it for some Appleseed shoots.

As we know, .22lr is a helluva lot cheaper than .223/5.56

I rigged mine with a Barska 3x9. It is functional, and you're not going to need a lot of optics with the range of the ammo.

Got it off Amazon for around 35-40 bucks.

Sorry, I don't have a model number, but they are a decent low-end manufacturer of optics. I am happy with mine...
This is kinda the reason I bought mine also. I bought it because it is alot cheaper to shoot it than my ak74. I know I wont have the carry over like you do with your AR, but if I ever get an AR it will feel very familiar.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #16
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevHard6 View Post
Thanks for the info. The ammo I got for it is the CCI Blazer. I'm going to try all kinds though.

I think I saw a site that had an adapter that let's you install an AR stock on the 522/566. Going to have to check that out. It would be mice to have s little more adjustability in the LOP.
The CCI Mini Mags are great. Be careful with the CCI Stingers. The casing is actually a little longer and creates cycling problems with some .22lr.

I have never tried them myself, but I was advised of the potential problems.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #17
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
What's the price on one of these, I'm quite intrested after reading all your guys comments.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707Bro View Post
What's the price on one of these, I'm quite intrested after reading all your guys comments.
These can be anywhere from $350-$450+. I got lucky and got mine on a one-time sale for about $370.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
cci has a new AR type of ammo for the 22 now i shoot it in my 15-22 havent had one problem at all it might cost a little more but shoot i havent had any messed up
Interesting. I'll have to see if any of the local shops have it.