Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Grizzly Bear Bow Hunt in Alaska

Old 09-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Grizzly Bear Bow Hunt in Alaska

Friend's dad went Bow Hunting in Alaska, just got back and sent me a few pics I wanna share. Grizzly was around 9 feet tall!

He actually plans on selling his current home, and have a new home build AROUND this bear for display! Yes, he is stuffing and Mounting the WHOLE bearI will try to get pics of that when it happens. LOL

Old 09-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
It's TACO time!
DFPTaco has a spectacular aura aboutDFPTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Josh
DFPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
yes yes, big bear. To sway off topic, I have to say I nominate neon trail for best avtar!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
He did break a few OLD records!

It was the largest Bear that hunting guide company was ever involved with.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
It takes a pair of grande cajones to piss off a 9-foot grizzly with a bow and arrow.

That is just awesome. I'm speechless.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Man that bear is sleeping just hasnt woke up yet! Nice catch.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #8
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
holy crap that's BIG,
is he going to mount it standing, or on all fours "pissed looking?

standing!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #9
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Where exactly do you hit a bear of that size with a bow and arrow to kill it? That thing is huge!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #10
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm156 View Post
Where exactly do you hit a bear of that size with a bow and arrow to kill it? That thing is huge!
Right behind the shoulder/armpit area...... Hits heart and lung ..ect

The arrow went all the way thru and the never found the arrow....

I just got off the phone with him.....

I stand corrected....

It was OVER 10 feet and est. 900 to 1100 LBS.

Buddy told me that his dad is NOW ELK HUNTING
Old 09-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
That would make sense on the area....I still say WOW!
Old 09-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm156 View Post
That would make sense on the area....I still say WOW!

LOL...

I can not wait to see it mounted! That will be a site to see
Old 09-19-2008, 12:37 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
he got a helluva shot on that big grizz!!!!! gonna look awesome mounted standing!!
Old 09-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #14
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
I think I want to buy a Bow...

What is a good Bow for a rookie? Just something to shoot arrows at a target.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #16
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
thats a BIG bear. if you and a buddy are ever being chased by one of those. you do not have to outrun the bear, all you have to do is outrun your buddy
Old 09-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #17
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
would love to shake that mans hand! Archery is one thing, but closing one eye with the other staring at that.....holding a stick and string...wow..That is my ultimate dream hunt. Maybe one day. Shoot, if he's elk hunting now then I just want to be him.....
Old 09-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #18
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
I think I want to buy a Bow...

What is a good Bow for a rookie? Just something to shoot arrows at a target.
Don't matter what you get if you want to have fun. As long as it is safe and works good then any bow, traditional or compound will be great. Just enjoy the sport!! If you want to get serious then that is another story.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #19
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
WOW
Thats all I have to say!
With a bow none the less, only way I'd do it was with a really BIG gun, from really FAR away.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:25 AM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery

His head looks photoshopped.

But damn that bear is massive.