Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

2011 Shed season "so far'

Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Shed season "so far'

Post up pics of your sheds from this season, or previous seasons if you have them. I dont know how many of us on here shed hunt but hell I'll give it a shot, here are my sheds so far this season. All my trips together i've got about 36 miles invested in these antlers

Here's my Total as far as last friday

Here is a monster 3 point blacktail I found yesterday, Picture doesnt do him justice he is MASSIVE. "14 miles to find him"

Not a bad start to the season, Elk getting ready to drop as we speak!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
thats alot of meat! what do you do with it all?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
cool finds man! I don't really have time to go out and look for antlers and there aren't really any down here anyways, but I do find some up at our cabin near Big Pine. Especially when we're quail hunting
Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
thats alot of meat! what do you do with it all?
Im not killing the deer, every year beginning in January Bucks drop their antlers due to low testosterone levels. Then they gain they energy and hormones back when the spring comes and grow bigger antlers. Im just finding the antlers that drop "shed"
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Im not killing the deer, every year beginning in January Bucks drop their antlers due to low testosterone levels. Then they gain they energy and hormones back when the spring comes and grow bigger antlers. Im just finding the antlers that drop "shed"
LOL my bad

not with it today haha
Old 03-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #6

Quote:
LOL my bad

not with it today haha
Lol dont worry about it, You were probably getting ready to call the Game Wardens on me
Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #7

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol dont worry about it, You were probably getting ready to call the Game Wardens on me
nah was gonna ask if youd sell some meat lol!!!

back in VT wed get deer year round. they were a nuisance on my uncles 2600acres.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #8

Quote:
nah was gonna ask if youd sell some meat lol!!!

back in VT wed get deer year round. they were a nuisance on my uncles 2600acres.
I bet that was a fun time
Old 03-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
I went in the Cascades on Sunday and only found a chewed-down nub....lot's of sign around. You have done well.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #10

Quote:
I bet that was a fun time
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
I went in the Cascades on Sunday and only found a chewed-down nub....lot's of sign around. You have done well.
Thanks man, is hard to find deer sheds around here!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #11
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
We went up to our cabin last weekend for a work weekend and saw a herd of elk minus the antlers so we will go search for some when we go back up in a couple weeks.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #12

That's awesome man! God all the elk around here are still packin! Oh its driving me crazy
Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
what do you do with the antlers you find? save em and hang them? thats cool!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
blue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: alex
blue97taco's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt even go out this year. Last year iwalked the woodsfor hours but never fond any. My 7 year old cousin found half a set outin the middle of a grass field. It was bigger than anything ive ever killed or probaby ever seen lol. But never got a shot at him.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
what do you do with the antlers you find? save em and hang them? thats cool!
I throw them all in a pile, deer in one pile and elk in another.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #16

Got some elk sheds on sunday posted the story on hunting and fishing, but figured this is my thread so i'd share here to

Old 05-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #17

Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got some elk sheds on sunday posted the story on hunting and fishing, but figured this is my thread so i'd share here to

Good finds man! How long did that take you? Just a day? I did end up looking when I was up by my cabin but all I found was one small one, and a couple of spines. Went down to where I had seen the Elk too, but I didn't see much of anything
Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
Good finds man! How long did that take you? Just a day? I did end up looking when I was up by my cabin but all I found was one small one, and a couple of spines. Went down to where I had seen the Elk too, but I didn't see much of anything
It actually took in the neighborhood of 9 to 10 hours, counting the 3 hours of walking in the dark, I almost never find sheds where I have seen the animal mostly in the case of deer. I hiked 18.3 miles for all of those and it was rough steep rockycountry.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #19

Had another great week of shed hunting. These will probably be my last sheds of the season. Im getting the fishing bug

Old 05-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #20
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
You effin rock.
Anytime you want company.....