Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

AR-15 California legal zombie killer build.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up AR-15 California legal zombie killer build.

This is my first attempt at building a rifle.

Spikes 5.56 lower receiver.
Stag Arms lower receiver parts kit.
Magpul MOE carbine MIL-SPEC stock.
Bullet button.
Magpul 10 round magazine

Starting off with a Spikes tactical 5.56 stripped lower.

I'm new to rifles, so bear with me. I'm sure I'll be asking you all a lot of questions.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just colored in some stuff.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!! I got 10 days till I pick mine up. I am new to this too!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
Looks good!! I got 10 days till I pick mine up. I am new to this too!!
Right on. Maybe we can fumble fuck our ways through this. haha

What did you get?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
ericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Rotorhead
Name: Inigo Montoya
ericb's Tacoma Gallery
Just follow this and you will be good to go:

Lower assembly:

http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/

Trigger Job:

http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm

it is so easy a caveman can do it.

If you are building your upper too just be sure to headspace it properly.

Good luck!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Right on. Maybe we can fumble fuck our ways through this. haha

What did you get?
Haahaa spikes lower. The base version, not the zombie like ours. But mine has the red spider
Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
Mob parking lots.

haha Thanks, I have some spots bookmarked on my computer.

I also have my stock and lower receiver parts kit on order.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #8

Quote:
haha Thanks, I have some spots bookmarked on my computer.

I also have my stock and lower receiver parts kit on order.
Did you stay with spikes or go with another brand!?!? I can't decide what to do. All I know is that I got to get the stupid bullet button
Old 04-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #9
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Did you stay with spikes or go with another brand!?!? I can't decide what to do. All I know is that I got to get the stupid bullet button
I ordered a Stag arms lower kit...
http://www.riflegear.com/p-33-stag-a...parts-kit.aspx

And I ordered a Magpul stock...
http://www.riflegear.com/p-423-magpu...-assembly.aspx
Old 04-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #11

Cool beans!!! On your way!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
The black rifle disease is spreading I see. What upper are you going with?
Sure is packer. I got one too, not sure if you read my thread!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
The black rifle disease is spreading I see. What upper are you going with?
Better to be prepared than SOL right?

Not sure on uppers. Suggestions?

I want a 16" barrel with a flat top. Other than that, don't know.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #14
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sure is packer. I got one too, not sure if you read my thread!!!
I'll check it out but congrats.

Quote:
Better to be prepared than SOL right?

Not sure on uppers. Suggestions?

I want a 16" barrel with a flat top. Other than that, don't know.
I'd look at BCM and then go from there. I've also recommended CMMG but there is a lot of distance between the two.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #15

Haahaa thanks!! Not much to it yet!! I will start a new thread when I actually start my build.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #16
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
hey gaybo post the finished product of your white lettering
Old 04-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
yo! looks great so far

what did you color in the letters with? crayons?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #18
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
hey gaybo post the finished product of your white lettering
Too busy with hookers and blow right now. I'll finish the letter tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
yo! looks great so far

what did you color in the letters with? crayons?
Yes, a white crayon and a hair dryer.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #19
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Too busy with hookers and blow right now. I'll finish the letter tomorrow.

Yes, a white crayon and a hair dryer.
you would...

hair dryer then freezer no?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #20
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
you would...

hair dryer then freezer no?
Yep, same process as the XD.