Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Gear Review

Old 04-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
niit_train will become famous soon enoughniit_train will become famous soon enough
Name: Jason
niit_train's Tacoma Gallery
Gear Review

I just posted a gear review for a tent stove in the hobby section. I figure that some in here may also be interested. BTW, I am working on a review for a 6 man tipi tent.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/spo...k-outside.html

NT
Old 04-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
niit_train will become famous soon enoughniit_train will become famous soon enough
Tent

These tents are actually tipi's. They have an optional floor, and the stove works well. There are many type of tents that handle wood stoves. They are popular for spike camps for hunting or fishing. The tent and stove package that I carried was a total of 8 lbs, 3 oz. Fairly lightweight considering you could actually fit 4 with gear inside of it. Here is a pic of the setup:

Old 04-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
Inside

This model is set up for 6 in a pinch. I placed the stove in the middle, and actually had 3 cots, and 3 peoples gear in it. It would be perfect for 4 guys, gear and a stove, as long as there were not any cots. 3 with cots. That is why it would be great for an Elk hunting trip. If you are hunting those beasts alone, your already in trouble!! That model is the older model, and the newer ones have about an extra 10 sf space. I am working on finding my pics of the inside.

NT
Old 05-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
Inside of the tipi

Here are a couple of pics of the inside for those who are interested. These are the best I can find ffrom my trip: