Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

wtb pocket 380:keltec,taurus,or ruger

Old 04-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #21
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think what thinkingman was doing was a joke

it never fails...someone posts a thread "looking for ____ gun" that is CLEARLY NOT something Glock offers...and someone will ALWAYS jump with with "buy this glock i have one its awesome"
Old 04-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #22
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to mgage10 Send a message via Skype™ to mgage10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i think what thinkingman was doing was a joke

it never fails...someone posts a thread "looking for ____ gun" that is CLEARLY NOT something Glock offers...and someone will ALWAYS jump with with "buy this glock i have one its awesome"
Isn't that the gospel truth? They are good guns but there are definitely other manufacturers out there who make just as good of a product if not better.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #23
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Get a mosoin nagant.

actually just tagging for info
Old 04-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #24
Yuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant future
Name: Lee
Yuma Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A LCP with a Crimson Trace Laser is a very good pocket gun and very accurate!
Easy to carry in your front (or back) pocket.

Yuma Taco,
Old 04-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #25
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

I have an LCP and I love it. Its solid and fits in my pocket...any pocket. I have the crimson trace laser too. Its a 6 + 1 but I have a one round extension that gives me 7 + 1. Its very solid and durable. Ruger did it right. With .380 rounds you can still get hollow point rounds with all the stopping power you need. Remember its the same size round as a 9mm, just the casing is shorter so a little less powder. The recoil may be a slight jolt at first but it is because the gun is so small. With the magazine extension, it helps the recoil a little with a better overall grip of the gun. Any.380 this size probably has nearly the same kick...not a big deal.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #26
4x4gredo is on a distinguished road

Name: jason
4x4gredo's Tacoma Gallery
so no one in the east tn area has one for sell? i have went to gander,coal creek,frontier,and south clinton pawn in the past two days priceing them all about same price guess will wait till 15&16th for gun show the guy from clevland allways has them cheaper.thanks anyway
Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #27
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4gredo View Post
so no one in the east tn area has one for sell? i have went to gander,coal creek,frontier,and south clinton pawn in the past two days priceing them all about same price guess will wait till 15&16th for gun show the guy from clevland allways has them cheaper.thanks anyway
I was talking to the gun guys at gander and they said that the LCP goes on sale there all the time and you can get it for like $250.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #28
blendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blendedfamily's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the keltec. The ruger and the keltec aren't quite the same guns, as was posted a few posts back. The ruger has a chamber indicator, and an external safety. The finish is a bit nicer, and its a tad bit more expensive. If the thought of a pocket gun with no manual safety scares you, get the ruger. The trigger pull on the keltec is a bit gnarly, but realistically, its not a distance weapon, you're gonna use it from <15 yards, so the smoothest trigger isn't necessarily of the utmost importance. Obviously just my 2 cents, but hopefully it helps.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #29
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgage10 View Post
Glock does not make a small, ultra concealable .380 caliber weapon. Sure people love their Glocks and think they are the best (by no means am I saying they are a poor gun. They are great quality), but for concealed carry, there are better options IMHO.

Personally, I don't think I will ever have a Glock. I believe there are better options out there for the money.
Very well said, I am a Kimber and S&W guy, and the Glock to me just does not feel good in the hand.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:56 AM   #30
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Very well said, I am a Kimber and S&W guy, and the Glock to me just does not feel good in the hand.
i completely agree. Glock feels like a toy airsoft gun. i cant stand the polymer frames they are coming out with.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #31
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
GLOCK IS BADASS!
Can't believe I'm the first to post that.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by blendedfamily View Post
I've got the keltec. The ruger and the keltec aren't quite the same guns, as was posted a few posts back. The ruger has a chamber indicator, and an external safety. The finish is a bit nicer, and its a tad bit more expensive. If the thought of a pocket gun with no manual safety scares you, get the ruger. The trigger pull on the keltec is a bit gnarly, but realistically, its not a distance weapon, you're gonna use it from <15 yards, so the smoothest trigger isn't necessarily of the utmost importance. Obviously just my 2 cents, but hopefully it helps.

Good info comparing the two. I've got a taurus pt740, its not a pocket gun but it is a slim compact gun and fits really nice in a IWB holster.

I think I might get a LCP to keep as an actual pocket gun though. I like the thought of a manual safety.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #32
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up a used keltec 380 p3at yesterday for 200- bucks. I felt it was a pretty good deal. Have to find some time and go to the courthouse and get it on my permit but i'll let you know how i like it. I definately like the size of it, i'll say that much
Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #33
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
I just picked up a used keltec 380 p3at yesterday for 200- bucks. I felt it was a pretty good deal. Have to find some time and go to the courthouse and get it on my permit but i'll let you know how i like it. I definately like the size of it, i'll say that much
You have to tell uncle sam you own a gun?!?!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #34
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
that keltec is pretty tempting....im buying a px4 subcompact this week hopefully.....but hey the more guns the merrier for when zombies strike lol
Old 04-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #36
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
Yup, here in NY you need every pistol registered and on your permit
That's Lame! Glad i live in Montana, i have many guns they will never know about. Yeah for Montana!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #37
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
That's Lame! Glad i live in Montana, i have many guns they will never know about. Yeah for Montana!!

ha im with you....my best friend just bought a new property up in the pocono mtns....we also have a place in bedford county....30 acres each spot....def gonna be our lil middle of nowhere safe haven when zombies take over stockpiled with all our guns lol
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #38
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
The LCP does not have a safety. The only way to make it "safe" is to not have one in the chamber. The trigger pull is similar to a full double action. I used to carry it without one in the chamber but now I am so confident with the positive trigger pull, the fact of no safety does not bother me.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #39
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blendedfamily View Post
The Ruger LCP has no safety. As I stated above the guns are pretty much the same, (again, I own both) with the Ruger being a little better in the fit/finish department. The LCPs trigger is every so slightly better than the KelTec, with both being long and rough.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #40
blendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blendedfamily's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elytravis View Post
The LCP does not have a safety. The only way to make it "safe" is to not have one in the chamber. The trigger pull is similar to a full double action. I used to carry it without one in the chamber but now I am so confident with the positive trigger pull, the fact of no safety does not bother me.

Whoops, my bad. I could have sworn I read in G&A they had an external safety. I almost checked, just to avoid making an idiot of myself. I would imagine the trigger pull is about as heavy as the keltec, which I also carry condition 1, with no fear of a pocket shot.